Not bad on MV, and I think fnx managed to get galleon to 27% by using full dps gear, should make the difference vs tanking trinkets.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    Not bad on MV, and I think fnx managed to get galleon to 27% by using full dps gear, should make the difference vs tanking trinkets.
    But apparently Fnx was overwhelmed by a lot of adds, not the enrage.

Maybe he just didn't kill many adds while Mione kept more focus on adds?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    any tips for H LK? i keep getting him to 15-17% with flask/pot and mostly dps gear, getting 3x ported to the other realm is screwing me

Sorry to ask something irrelevant but i cant find it anywhere else. I see in the Pic that mionelol upload on Galleon that in the middle and up he has Vengence button with the tooltip that show the amount of vengence he has.

Im wondering which addon is that because i cant find it!
    and if that addon can track down also enrage and Bloodshield with the same way!

GorrilaZzZ!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorrilas View Post
    Sorry to ask something irrelevant but i cant find it anywhere else. I see in the Pic that mionelol upload on Galleon that in the middle and up he has Vengence button with the tooltip that show the amount of vengence he has.

GorrilaZzZ!
    It's the addon "Tell me when"

Quote Originally Posted by Gorrilas View Post

GorrilaZzZ!
    if you even tried find it...(mionee's yt page > "about")

Deleted
    Would the trinket of primordius (normal) beat the trinket from paragons (normal) for pure dps output (already managed to solo all I need this expac but time is money).

Quote Originally Posted by Resania View Post
    Would the trinket of primordius (normal) beat the trinket from paragons (normal) for pure dps output (already managed to solo all I need this expac but time is money).
    id say Paragons is better just having the chunk of str at all times instead of praying for procs

So is Festergut still soloable? I was thinking about getting solo Shadowmourne and since 5.3 AMS does not work with resetting Blight stacks I don't know is it possible to do it alone. I'm 80k dps noob.

Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiffin View Post
    So is Festergut still soloable? I was thinking about getting solo Shadowmourne and since 5.3 AMS does not work with resetting Blight stacks I don't know is it possible to do it alone. I'm 80k dps noob.
    I've seen this question asked a couple of times over the past couple of pages. The answer is Yes, it is still soloable post 5.3. AMS is used to prevent the next stack to be applied onto you, NOT to clear all stacks that are presently on you, effectively increasing the "enrage" timer that festergut has. (enrage timer used loosely in this case)

If you haven't done so already, create and use the following two macros:
    Code:
    Macro 1
    /tar plague scientist
    /cast control undead
    Code:
    Macro 2
    /cast [atPLAYER_NAME] Plague Stream
    Edit, another macro suggested by Veiled Shadow later in the thread

Code:
    Macro 3
    #showtooltp Death Strike
    /cast [atPLAYER_NAME] Plague Stream
    /cast Death Strike
    (replace "at" with the at sign (Shift+2) and "PLAYER_NAME" with your players name)

The first macro is to mind control a plague scientist. They have an ability that will increase your damage by 100%. Use the second macro to cast this onto yourself. This buff lasts 30 seconds. As soon as the buff drops off, use the second macro to recast it on yourself again, rinse and repeat. Edit The third macro will automatically cast Plague Stream on to you. You can simply change "Death Strike" for another ability (ie. Obliterate if you're going as frost), or macro this in to all of your abilities.

Important: Also, make sure you have downloaded the WoLK version of deadly boss mods (or equivilent) www DOT curse DOT com/addons/wow/deadly-boss-mods-wotlk

Tactic:
    Keep Plague Stream up on you the entire fight

On the pull, use army of the dead and raise dead. Occasionally he will stun you and put a debuff onto one of your ghouls, as mentioned above, this is important, as it effectively gives you more time to kill festergut.

With 3-4 seconds left on "Gastric Bloat" cooldown, cast AMS. You can't prevent every single Gastric Bloat

Kill him before he kills you

(please note, due to low post count, I can't post links. Replace " DOT " with "." in the link above.
    Last edited by Apacheto; 2013-11-11 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Added another macro, with explanation

Thanks a lot for fast answer, I am using WoTLK DBM but I had no clue about Plagued Scientist *slaps myself*, and I do raise army and dead at start. Thank you once more.

Thanks a lot for fast answer, I am using WoTLK DBM but I had no clue about Plagued Scientist *slaps myself*, and I do raise army and dead at start. Thank you once more.
    Keep in mind that the Regenerative AMS glyph gives you more time to kill Festergut since you can block more Gastric Bloats in the same time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Forikorder View Post
    id say Paragons is better just having the chunk of str at all times instead of praying for procs
    For low Vengeance fights sure. However if you plan on doing current content like 10 man Stone Guard then I'd probably roll with Primordius trinket since it's passive Crit. Granted I'd prefer to use the Tank CDR (higher Vengeance cap, more DRW and AMS usage) and Thok's Tail Tip.

Deleted
    Very impressive post, Thanks for this

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    A better idea for the Plague Stream macro is to macro it into Obliterate (yes, do Festergut in a DPS specialization), since then you don't have to ever bother with a second macro.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyalbo View Post
    any tips for H LK? i keep getting him to 15-17% with flask/pot and mostly dps gear, getting 3x ported to the other realm is screwing me
    use those drums that give you Heroism/Bloodlust they did the trick for me after encountering the same problem. You can use them twice during the encounter (cd=10min and it takes 13 or 14 min till LK enrages)

In the first phase stand on the stairs so shadow trap wont do anything, that way you can keep nuking LK without having to walk around and avoid shadow traps.
    Also make a macro to target to kill the frost spheres so you can instantly kill them when they drop down, gives you a little more time to attack LK during the phase transitions.

And re-apply all diseases right before he ports you into frostmourne, the dots will tick longer and that also helps.

hey, just dinged yesterday and gathered some gear, tho my dps is only like 35k in blood

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Yozora/simple

anyone able to give me some hints in terms of stats i should work on and what i should do to solo, i did black temple just fine, attempted DS10 normal and morchok killed me fast, but my main problem is my blood dps is very low, hell even my unholy dps is roughly 55k so im not sure whats wrong.

any tips?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by savato View Post
    any tips?
    Blood DK dps depend heavily on a) your weapon b) your incoming damage (damage taken) and c) your gear.
    Since both your weapon (463) and your general gear (~500) is quite low and the damage taken in those raids is fairly low as well, you wont be doing that much damage.

Another thing is, having just dinged 90 as in your case, you are most likely not too comfortable with the rotation as a blood dk (which is completely normal)- and this decreases your dps even more.

Hit/Exp 7.5% are a must ,after that you can either go full crit (for most dps) or in the direction of avoidance (dodge/parry), which translates into 75% of those ratings into crit rating, as long as you get hit (which you should in MOST cases, i.e. Yogg Saron won't help you inside his brain with avoidance).
    Also, reading the first page would help... *cough*

Mastery does nothing for you in terms of dps, it only increases your bloodshield (absorb) and Haste isn't that great either: when using the Regenerative Magic glyph and soaking magic with AMS, you can be GCD-locked with really low values of haste (again, you wont get that much RP through AMS soaking in old raids).

You should be able to do black temple as dps, might want to switch to blood for the harder bosses (i'd guess reliquary, council and illidan(fire elementals)).
    Also, Morchok is quite a hardhitter with his specials, Mione had a strategy with outranging his stuff.... try looking through the earlier pages for that.
    What doesn't kill me gives me Vengeance.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...psody/advanced

Glad I could help you out Los Tiffin.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Keep in mind that the Regenerative AMS glyph gives you more time to kill Festergut since you can block more Gastric Bloats in the same time frame.
    I was initiually going to mention this, however since I hadn't used the glyph before (none on the AH, farmed it up last night and crafted it), I decided not to mention it, as I hadn't tested it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    A better idea for the Plague Stream macro is to macro it into Obliterate (yes, do Festergut in a DPS specialization), since then you don't have to ever bother with a second macro.
    Good idea. Once I test out a workable macro, I'll edit my initial post. Thankyou Veiled Shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyalbo View Post
    To follow on from Papier Light, don't kill any adds from the first phase. If you're not already, dps during phase transitions, making sure to kill ice spheres so that they can't knock you off the edge. While using Dancing Rune Weapon, get a second set of dots rolling on Lich King (through Outbreak or Icy Touch/Scourge Strike). Use Army of the Dead twice, one on pull, one some time during phase 3 (as you're going over 10 minutes into the fight), Use Raise Dead more often (slight dps increase). Also, are you using Drums of Forgotten Kings and / or Runescroll of Fortitude III? Hopefully these tips, and the tips Papier Light gave, will enable you to knock off the last 5-7%.

Quote Originally Posted by rhapso View Post
    Blood DK dps depend heavily on a) your weapon b) your incoming damage (damage taken) and c) your gear.
    Since both your weapon (463) and your general gear (~500) is quite low and the damage taken in those raids is fairly low as well, you wont be doing that much damage.

Another thing is, having just dinged 90 as in your case, you are most likely not too comfortable with the rotation as a blood dk (which is completely normal)- and this decreases your dps even more.

Hit/Exp 7.5% are a must ,after that you can either go full crit (for most dps) or in the direction of avoidance (dodge/parry), which translates into 75% of those ratings into crit rating, as long as you get hit (which you should in MOST cases, i.e. Yogg Saron won't help you inside his brain with avoidance).
    Also, reading the first page would help... *cough*

Mastery does nothing for you in terms of dps, it only increases your bloodshield (absorb) and Haste isn't that great either: when using the Regenerative Magic glyph and soaking magic with AMS, you can be GCD-locked with really low values of haste (again, you wont get that much RP through AMS soaking in old raids).

You should be able to do black temple as dps, might want to switch to blood for the harder bosses (i'd guess reliquary, council and illidan(fire elementals)).
    Also, Morchok is quite a hardhitter with his specials, Mione had a strategy with outranging his stuff.... try looking through the earlier pages for that.
    thanks for this, im hit and exp capped now, i managed black temple fully as unholy, im aiming to go for ICC10 HC, Ulduar 10 HC and some cata 10mans as blood but i need to sort myself out with a weapon, is it a good idea to reforge all my parry to crit? my parry is much higher than my dodge atm (bear in mind i do tank LFR too so i need to be careful not to cripple myself enough so that i cant tank LFR anymore.