Deleted
    Ah thats awesome, thankyou guys

Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    Yes.
    The only thing that is taboo is to kill a boss on 10hc.

I'm not exactly sure if you can do the switch outside the instance while solo, but in a raid group it worked fine last I checked.
    Basically once you have finish your shadowmorne quest, and dont need any more mog gear, drop it all to 10man normal and crush the zone out in about 20 minutes and have LK25HM to work on (or farm for those geared enough). With next tier most all who want to farm LK will be able to with ease, as SoO LFR gear should get you to roughtly 335-340 ilev with the +8 bonus from upgrades.

At those levels you can just tank him on the steps and through transitions for easy mode kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    i got a ilvl 516 girdle with crit/mastery from a hc scenario and dont know if it would be an upgrade over my ilvl 496 one.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nthos/advanced

i would lose around 50 haste, 300 crit rating and would gain around 500 AP and 200 mastery. maybe a stupid question but i'm always unsure what to do lol

Deleted
    Go for it, the Strength / Stam boost is worth it. And you can always reforge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    Go for it, the Strength / Stam boost is worth it. And you can always reforge.
    my post already includes reforges and extra gem. good hope it'll push my dps a little bit^^

Quote Originally Posted by Aventhos View Post
    Basically once you have finish your shadowmorne quest, and dont need any more mog gear, drop it all to 10man normal and crush the zone out in about 20 minutes and have LK25HM to work on (or farm for those geared enough). With next tier most all who want to farm LK will be able to with ease, as SoO LFR gear should get you to roughtly 335-340 ilev with the +8 bonus from upgrades.

At those levels you can just tank him on the steps and through transitions for easy mode kill.
    Clear it once on 10man (11/12 bosses) get an alt into the group and enter ICC (make sure it's set to 25man hc so you can accept the save) then you just keep extending that lockout on your alt and you can go directly to LK 25man hc each week!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sharlez View Post
    Clear it once on 10man (11/12 bosses) get an alt into the group and enter ICC (make sure it's set to 25man hc so you can accept the save) then you just keep extending that lockout on your alt and you can go directly to LK 25man hc each week!
    thought the lockout counts as cleared for your alt as well if its the same 25hc lockout, even though you kill the lich king with your DK

Quote Originally Posted by Xarganthos View Post
    i got a ilvl 516 girdle with crit/mastery from a hc scenario and dont know if it would be an upgrade over my ilvl 496 one.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nthos/advanced

i would lose around 50 haste, 300 crit rating and would gain around 500 AP and 200 mastery. maybe a stupid question but i'm always unsure what to do lol
    The 516 is still worth using over the 496 but I would wait for the valor to buy the 522 one. Same stats but slightly stronger stats + extra gem socket.

---------- Post added 2013-06-04 at 01:37 PM ----------

thought the lockout counts as cleared for your alt as well if its the same 25hc lockout, even though you kill the lich king with your DK
    Your alt won't get credit for killing Lich King if they aren't there for the kill.

Yes, second LK kill indeed was much easier. First was several seconds in enrage, second - more than 70-80+ before. Now to gear my protodin and hope blizz won't nerf him in 5.4...

Has anyone solo'd Yogg-Saron since 5.3 and noticed that the adds seem to be spawning considerably faster than they used to be? Before 5.3 I was getting to the brain phase every time without issue. Now there are 13+ guardians spawned before I get to phase 2 and before I can drop the first Constrictor Tentacle there are at least 3 of each type already out.

I even aquired new gear that increased my DPS by almost 40% so I should be having a much easier time of the fight, not the exact opposite.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XavierGarrak View Post
    Has anyone solo'd Yogg-Saron since 5.3 and noticed that the adds seem to be spawning considerably faster than they used to be? Before 5.3 I was getting to the brain phase every time without issue. Now there are 13+ guardians spawned before I get to phase 2 and before I can drop the first Constrictor Tentacle there are at least 3 of each type already out.

I even aquired new gear that increased my DPS by almost 40% so I should be having a much easier time of the fight, not the exact opposite.
    You need 8 Guardians to bring Sara to 1 HP. No more, no less.

Tentacles don't seem to spawn at a "too fast" rate for me. After my First Kill three weeks ago I didn't have any issues with the boss anymore and usually killed him within 1-3 attempts and tentacles spawning too fast. I just think it's a DPS issue on your side.

Seem to be having issue with LK25 heroic.. Currently I am at 515ilev but not using and buffs (food flask etc etc) During the transition I the incoming dmg form spirits and the ice sheet on the ground from LK are doing some significant dmg enough where I feel pressured to focus down at least 1 or 2 of hte raging spirits. Also I seem be be constantly silenced and able to get a dc macro on the ice spheres off. Either I end up dying to a sphere or dying to the incoming combined dmg.

I tried to just tank the entire fight on the steps which was manageable but hit enrage at 35% so clearly not enough gear (yet) to afk smash LK on the steps.

Thoughts ideas?

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't know that worked either! Need to test this!

Quote Originally Posted by XavierGarrak View Post

Mione and Fletchi both helped me a lot to get my kill. Here's a list of things that will probably help. The problems you're describing don't really make sense to me, so just look at this list and try it out again:

1) Run through 5 clouds at the start. This is about the right amount to get enough adds without waiting around forever.
    2) Focus Sara during this so you know how many more adds you need to kill on her. You always want 1 add left over when you kill the 8th to bring her to zero.
    3) Summon your ghoul right away as soon as she's at 0% and attack the Guardian once to get your ghoul on it, but don't attack it more (you need it to live)
    4) When you get constricted, take it easy. DnD, Outbreak the tentacle, but don't go crazy, you can run into issues if you kill it too fast or re-aggro too fast after using banner.
    5) Use Banner at 52-40 sanity. Wait 2 seconds.
    6) Blood Boil to finish killing your constrictor.
    7) Rocket boots, DA, anything to get to a crusher as fast as you can. Hit some corruptors if you get a chance, but get on the Crusher.
    8) Auto-attack the Crusher. Don't kill it until portals are spawning. As long as you're tanking a crusher actively, you won't get constricted again.
    9) AMS and/or strangulate a corruptor leading up to portals so you go in with a couple less debuffs
    10) Brain phase you need to decide if you can kill it in one phase. If you can, blow everything (Outbreak, DRW, ERW, Army, Ghoul, Pot). If not, save Outbreak.
    11) When you come out, if you didn't kill the brain in one phase, you will get constricted instantly. You saved Outbreak so you can dot this tentacle.
    12) But, if there's not a crusher close by, DON'T kill the constrictor. You'll get constricted again if you're not tanking, so if there are no crushers, wait to kill it until portals are spawning again, so you can instantly go back in.
    13) In the brain room, the best case scenario is brain at 35% with dots/dnd up and 20+ seconds left, then you can hop out and kill tentacles while they're stunned. This doesn't always work out though.
    14) Once Brain is dead, kill tentacles, just get whichever are closest. Use IBF/Desecrated Ground to stay un-stunned to kill them as fast as possible.
    15) Don't let Shadow Beacon heal the tentacles or Yogg... (Must have wasted 5 really good attempts because of this).

I was bored and decided to write up a few tips for soloing Heroic 10 Firelands, for anyone that might be working on it. This guide assumes you’re a Blood DK mostly utilizing the standard series of talents that Mione has outlined in the OP, and are familiar with at least the basics of each boss. Happy hunting!

Shannox: At sufficient gear levels (anything above 530), it’s possible to simply zerg him in one go without paying much attention to his dogs. If you do need to reset stacks, the best way to do so is to kite Shannox up to the Firelands entrance portal and wait for him to cast Hurl Spear. Use Goblin Glider to make a quick escape and thus give the boss a long way to kite before he’s able to catch up to you. Rocket Belt, Death’s Advance, etc, all help here.

Beth’tilac: Another boss that doesn't change much from normal. Hop to the top of the web and DPS her down to 10%, taking care not to fall through any holes left behind meteors. AMS her Smoldering Devastation casts; there’s not really much need for CDs besides those. When she hits 10%, she’ll head down.
    You’ll want to make sure you have Icebound Fortitude for this: When you follow, all the Cinderweb Spinners will stun you. Pop it and burn the boss down, rotating CDs as you see fit. On the off chance you can’t shave off 10% of her health by the time IBF wears off, be sure to use Desecrated Ground.

Lord Rhyolith: Use Chilblains to slow down the Liquid Obsidian. They really aren’t much of a nuisance, even if they get to him. Be sure to drive intelligently and make sure he gets to active volcanoes as soon as possible- more than 2 up at a time will be nasty and require good cooldown usage to stay alive. His mob spawns are annoying, but not too dangerous if you chip away at them with Diseases, DnD, Blood Boil, etc.
    Phase 2 is a simple tank and spank, though try and avoid the lazers if you don’t have CDs available.

Alysrazor: First fight that changes somewhat from normal. You won’t be engaging the hatchlings at all; simply fly and continue to attack the boss. Firestorms barely tickle, but are a good source of RP via AMS. Keep in mind that Rings can sometimes have annoying lag- the graphic will still be around even as the actual ring fades. If for some reason, you ever cut it short and the duration of Wings of Flame is about to fade, remember that she will drop feather below the location where she last cast Firestorm. Use Goblin Glider to head there and get back up quickly as you’ll have multiple Enraged Hatchlings beating on you.

When Alysrazor begins her tornado phase, fly out of the arena towards Rhyolith plateau. You want to make sure you’re high up enough on the road that the hatchlings (which have a pretty crazy aggro range) don’t come after you.
    Harsh Winds will require CDs to survive through: Have Bone Shield up, then use AMS. Use Lichborne to consume the RP you gained with AMS. Vamp Blood + Death Pact works fine too. When Alysrazor crashes, simply wait for her to recover to 50% power. She’ll then claw her way towards you and probably leave you with a few stacks of Blazing Claw before she gains full power and resumes Phase 1. It’s a simple rinse and repeat here: DPS while she’s flying, get away when tornado phase happens and get back up when she’s clawed her way towards you. Keep in mind that after her third crash, she will stay permanently grounded and keep clawing at you until either you or her are dead.

Baleroc: Nothing changes from normal mode- the DPS challenge is simply higher and thus needs better gear to overcome. Shards of Torment and Countdown simply don’t exist when soloing this boss. Inferno Blade can simply be AMSed through; Decimiation Blade on the other hand requires some strict CD usage. After his first swing of the blade, assuming it lands, you’ll have a 3 second debuff that reduces all healing received. Following this, you have a 1-2 second window before his next strike, which will kill you unless you’re above 90% of your maximum health. This means you’ll either need a Vampiric Blood + Death Pact or a Vampiric Blood + Lichborne combo, which you have to use immediately. Using AMS will partially help deflect the first hit, thus giving you a little less to heal up from.

You can get lucky and fully avoid a Decimation Blade strike, which is pretty much all that can keep you alive if he uses Decimation Blade 3 times in a row. Dancing Rune Weapon can tip the odds in your favor here, but remember that it’s also a powerful DPS cooldown that is necessary to beat the enrage.

Majordomo Staghelm: This, in my opinion, is the biggest gear check in the instance. Whereas it’s fully possible to zerg normal mode with 530 and above gear, Heroic Staghelm has 105 million HP and gets progressively worse till he reaches 50 (permanent) stacks of Adrenaline. This is much more about control and survival than it is about DPS. I used double tanking trinkets on this boss (Lao Shan’s Liquid Courage and Fortitude of the Zandalari), along with 3-4 other pieces of stamina gemmed tank gear. In addition, I reforged fully towards Mastery (it took priority over Hit/Exp) for this fight. Finally, I used Blood Tap because I felt flooded with resources on this fight and wanted better control over emergency Death Strikes.

The first time you pull Domo, stand inside his Leaping Flames for Vengeance, pop AMS, etc. You want to try and shave off as much health as you can before you’re forced to go into full survival mode. After this, it’s a series of larges kites across the edges of Domo’s area. Death and Decay/Crimson Scourge procs must be utilized in order to chip away at the adds which will spawn very quickly. Cooldown usage needs to be perfect here too- I wiped a number of times because I chose to use a CD at a time which, in retrospect, I probably didn’t need and thus wasn’t available when things were desperate. Remember to make full use of every cooldown you have available to you!

Ragnaros: Not as significant a gear check as Domo, but definitely more about execution. This fight largely comes down to being intelligent with resetting stacks, positioning magma traps carefully and not being silly with transition phases. Oh, and knowing how to knock back Living Meteros =P
    Flexweave Underlay is recommended over Goblin Glider for this, due to having a 1 minute CD over Goblin Glider’s 3 minute one.

P1: I positioned the first trap in Ragnaros’s magma itself. This made it completely irrelevant for the entire fight, and also let me soak up some RP from AMSing in the magma. By the time the second trap was cast, I was at around 7-8 stacks of Burning Wound (9 if I stayed for another whack after his Sulfuas Smash). At this point I let my ghoul (Timmy) tank Ragnaros and moved back to let the stack drop off. Usually AMS was off CD, which both absorbed damage and gave me RP needed to heal Timmy. If I were at 9 stacks, I’d usually use Death Pact, but this did leave me short of one cooldown for the transition phase.
    The third magma trap would usually be set while I was hanging around the back, so I usually positioned it to the side. I stood right next to the second trap when the fourth trap was about to be cast- this meant that I could pop two in one go if I stood on the overlapping portion of the circles.
    If DPS was good enough, he wouldn’t cast a 5th trap, though if he did I’d simply position it to overlap on the other side of the fourth.

1st transition: Gorefiend’s Grasp and Death Grip are your friends here. They work brilliantly for Sons of Flame. Assuming any Sons hit the hammer (and they usually do), AMS, Icebound Fortitude and Lichborne are mandatory. Something interesting I noticed about Sons is that when multiple hit the hammer at the same time, they count as one explosion. This means that 3 sons hitting at one time can be less deadly than 2 hitting it spaced out. Of course, ideally you won’t have more than one or two ever hitting.
    Remember that Sons are slowed significantly when they’re at low health, so don’t panic if they appear to be getting close to the hammer when you reach them.

P2: Clean up magma traps! As soon as he emerges, I usually step into the first series of overlapping traps and use my Flexweave parachute to come down safely. The good news is that usually (not always), between his first World in Flames and Sulfuras Smash casts, he’ll be off you long enough that Burning Wound stacks will fall off themselves. This means you can save summoning Timmy till the next time you’re at 7-8 stacks and pop the magma trap you left at the back while he’s tanking Ragnaros.

Molten Seeds and World in Flames don’t deal too much damage by themselves, but don't be silly about them either- move a few yards away from the seed impact point and don’t play games with World in Flames if you have 6+ stacks of Burning Wound. Ideally, you want to get him to 40.6% right as he’s about to cast World in Flames and then burn hard- that way he’ll submerge for the second transition with around 36-38% health remaining.

2nd transition: The most important thing to remember here is that the Blazing Heat left behind by the Lava Scion debuff will heal Sons of Flames. Don’t be negligent and leave low health Sons next to a patch of the flames. Because you’ll largely be ignoring the Scions in Phase 3, this phase is a good time to apply diseases to them and AoE them along with the Sons.
    Once again, AMS, IBF and Lichborne are needed if Sons reach the hammer. Popping AMS right as the Blazing Heat debuff is applied to you (i.e. a few seconds before you actually start emitting the Flames) prevents the application of the secondary debuff, which means you don’t have to worry about the flames.

P3: Burn time! Use your second potion, DRW and other tricks in the book to burn Ragnaros as quickly as possible. I mentioned earlier that you’d probably have Scions from the second transition up- this is why it’s important to already have diseases on them. Use DnD and BB via Crimson Scourge procs on them as you DPS down Ragnaros. Ideally, they should both be dead by the time the first meteor comes down.

You need to have Glyph of Resilient Grip in order to knock back Meteors constantly. Keep in mind that on Heroic difficulty, they WILL speed up and chase you faster, so don’t hesitate to knock them back every opportunity you get. If you’re a normal player, you should be able to simply mouseover and cast on them as they get close. If you’re bad like me, use this simple macro I came up with:

#showtooltip
    /cleartarget
    /clearfocus
    /tar Living Meteor
    /focus
    /stopmacro [target=focus, noexists]
    /cast [target=focus] Death Grip

The obvious drawbacks to this macro are that it takes your focus (literally) and your target away from Ragnaros. On the upside however, it can pretty much be blindly spammed to get meteors away from you. Even better, it’s a “smart” macro, in that if you have 2 or more meteors chasing you, it’ll target the one nearest to you rather than picking the one you just knocked away.

If your DPS in Phase 3 is good, it’s possible to end with one meteor. I ended it with 2, and I imagine even 3 would be possible to pull off. Any more than that, however, and things will get very ugly.
    Additionally, remember that Burning Wound can stack very high if this phase goes on too long. Because I already had a second meteor and knew I’d be able to ensure I wouldn’t get a third, I chose to summon Timmy and let him tank Rag right after a World in Flames had ended, thus successfully dropping my stacks.
    This phase ends when Ragnaros reaches 8%.

P4: And we’re finally here! Note that I’ve written this so far with the assumption that you don’t have the Salyin Battle Banner on you. If you do, you can use it to de-aggro meteors and ignore them completely.

If not however, keep in mind that they’ll be an active threat for a bit longer. Do not just tunnel Rag- keep those meteors off you and watch for the first Breadth of Frost spawn. The moment it’s down, drag the meteors into it. The good news is that one breadth will freeze multiple meteors. The moment they’re frozen, they’ll take additional damage and only take a few Death Strikes/Rune Strikes to blow up.
    Use survivability CDs here as damage may be a little spikey.

At this point, you basically have won, as the fight is a tank and spank. Pick up a Deluge, which will make Dreadflame irrelevant. From here on out, your only worry is to ensure that you do not ensnare Ragnaros in Entrapping Roots before he casts Empower Sulfuras- otherwise he will likely kill you through cooldowns.
    Traps are pretty easy to see, and kite away from until you need them. Burning Wound will continue to stack, but the period while he’s stunned in traps should be more than sufficient to let them drop before things get out of hand.

I hope these tips help out any players currently attempting heroic Firelands. The first five bosses were disappointingly easy at my gear level, but both Majordomo and Ragnaros turned out to be lots of fun.
    Last edited by Magdalena; 2013-06-07 at 07:29 AM.
    @MagdalenaDK
    Plaguebearer

<Magdalena> There's really no way to say "There's a two hour long video of me on the Internet", without it sounding dirty is there?
    <Mionepony> Especially not if it's you...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Reins of the Onyxian Drake has a 1% drop rate, up from 0.4%, which isn't noted in the spreadsheet.

Quote Originally Posted by Magdalena View Post
    I was bored and decided to write up a few tips for soloing Heroic 10 Firelands, for anyone that might be working on it. This guide assumes you’re a Blood DK mostly utilizing the standard series of talents that Mione has outlined in the OP, and are familiar with at least the basics of each boss. Happy hunting!
    Nice guide

aight!
    i am absolutely going mental with valithria.
    i'd link my armory but i'm always in my dps gear,
    when i put on my tank gear in there i have 850k health,
    i've equipped thunderfury and another random one hander. both 1.9 speed.
    i am standing on her frigging head and heart striking for the life of me,
    vampiric blood is on cd.
    i'm death coil shielding her as often as rp allows, and the most i've ever gotten her to is 9.5 million.
    i'm focusing down the little healer shits first
    then the blazings
    then the mages.

i've seen many dks' in lesser gear do this, when mione did this the first time he had lesser gear than i do now.

does anybody else have the damn secret to this?

For Valithria i personaly focus the mages over anything else while interrupting their frostbolt volley since it's damage on valithria can really set back your progress quite a bit, then focus on the supressors and ignore the blazing zombies (don't bother spending rp on death coil, just use rune strike).

On another note, i just use two shortswords bought in orgrimmar... but your weapon choice shouldn't really matter as long as you don't one-shot the mobs.
    Last edited by blackspark; 2013-06-08 at 04:34 AM.

Deleted
    @Mione: That, is plain crazy! 5.30 minutes to burn 93 million, amazing work! And 1 million HP yourself, damn (even with the ICC buff).

And here I was happy with my 12 minute kill this week =(