Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    big wigs doesnt work
    Use DBM for that fight used it back in the days when i killed normal. works like a charm as fnx said. 5 4 3 2 5 4 3 .. etc. when you hear the 1 its to late and the roll will happen for sure

GL

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Stone Guard cannot be soloed (or well, doesn't seem like it at least, didn't give it a second attempt) because their 50k/sec dot isn't squished and still deals 50k/sec, which seems too much to handle.

might be wrong tho, maybe it is soloable. for now i'm not wandering in MSV tho
    Stone Guard can be soloed on beta done it yesterday, needed like 5 trys cause the dot recks hard

Re: normal 10 spine of deathwing:

I don't seem to be able to stop him from rolling on cooldown (which is almost constant) no matter where I stand (trying to stand right in the middle doesn't work either, he starts to roll immediately) or even if I move to other side (I thought that would cause him to straighten out? doesn't seem to be) which means I never have enough time to dps down the amalgamations to free up a plate.

Would love some advice on what I'm doing wrong, I feel like it's the roll mechanism I'm doing wrong but not sure what exactly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimdeeds View Post
    Re: normal 10 spine of deathwing:

I don't seem to be able to stop him from rolling on cooldown (which is almost constant) no matter where I stand (trying to stand right in the middle doesn't work either, he starts to roll immediately) or even if I move to other side (I thought that would cause him to straighten out? doesn't seem to be) which means I never have enough time to dps down the amalgamations to free up a plate.

Would love some advice on what I'm doing wrong, I feel like it's the roll mechanism I'm doing wrong but not sure what exactly.
    You can't stop him from constantly trying to roll at all. Not sure what you mean by not having time to nuke the amalgations, they really don't have that high health.
    Last edited by Kraeth; 2014-07-06 at 05:59 AM.

seems like they have about 5 mil health? I'll run it again and check. If I can't stop him from rolling constantly it seems there is a timing issue so that you kill a corruption at just the right time (presumably immediately after a roll?) in order to gain enough time to dps the amalgamation down? So far I've gotten like 1-2 globals to touch the amalgamation before it gets blown off, which just isn't enough time

edit: double checked, they Amals have 4.7 mil hp; also, by timing death of a corruption as deathwing is casting his roll, I can gain enough time, maybe 5-7 seconds, to dps the amalgamation before the next roll, but it hasn't been enough time yet to get them to start their nuclear blast spell. Is this the basic process, though? I'm just not dps'ing them down fast enough in between rolls? Or am I missing something else?
    Last edited by Grimdeeds; 2014-07-06 at 06:38 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    seems like they have about 5 mil health? I'll run it again and check. If I can't stop him from rolling constantly it seems there is a timing issue so that you kill a corruption at just the right time (presumably immediately after a roll?) in order to gain enough time to dps the amalgamation down? So far I've gotten like 1-2 globals to touch the amalgamation before it gets blown off, which just isn't enough time
    If you constantly keep moving the amalgations should never get blown off. That's the key to this fight and prolly the main reason it's so annoying; you can (almost) never stop moving back and forth between the left and right side of the spine. The only time you can stop moving is to get rid of the extra amalgations after a plate so you can gather the blood on a single one.
    Last edited by Kraeth; 2014-07-06 at 06:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraeth View Post
    If you constantly keep moving the amalgations should never get blown off. That's the key to this fight and prolly the main reason it's so annoying; you can (almost) never stop moving back and forth between the left and right side of the spine. The only time you can stop moving is to get rid of the extra amalgations after a plate so you can gather the blood on a single one.
    much thanks, Kraeth. Got the 1st plate off and then got too excited and lost my timing. You are correct sir this is not a pleasant fight, but at least I understand the process now. Thanks again.

15+ Year Old Account
    much thanks, Kraeth. Got the 1st plate off and then got too excited and lost my timing. You are correct sir this is not a pleasant fight, but at least I understand the process now. Thanks again.
    You're very welcome, glad I could help. MoD is more or less a walk in the park after spine

Have to clear on normal to go heroic, few boss's bugged you get the idea.. Death Siphon is insane on these low level boss's. Just smack boss in face really hard as 2h frost big ass crit then use it. Considering you hitting for like 1M its crazy.

Tried first SoO boss as frost also didn't kill it only tried once but it would be possible. As blood likely would be a cake walk tbh.

EDIT: Just tried as blood man it was hard to die tried allot of things to kill myself during the fight. Was to boring to bother killing boss as blood is so slow to play on beta right now so i hearted about 4mins into fight. (yes the boss cant hit you enough so can hearthstone out mid combat np)
    Last edited by Stacie; 2014-07-06 at 01:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chaos View Post

Have to clear on normal to go heroic, few boss's bugged you get the idea.. Death Siphon is insane on these low level boss's. Just smack boss in face really hard as 2h frost big ass crit then use it. Considering you hitting for like 1M its crazy.

Tried first SoO boss as frost also didn't kill it only tried once but it would be possible. As blood likely would be a cake walk tbh.

EDIT: Just tried as blood man it was hard to die tried allot of things to kill myself during the fight. Was to boring to bother killing boss as blood is so slow to play on beta right now so i hearted about 4mins into fight. (yes the boss cant hit you enough so can hearthstone out mid combat np)
    Doesn look that much more enjoyable than mop tbh... Havent really found a toon thats fun to play/solo on anymore :/ tempted to try boomkin or spriest, ele.

Quote Originally Posted by Langy View Post
    Doesn look that much more enjoyable than mop tbh... Havent really found a toon thats fun to play/solo on anymore :/ tempted to try boomkin or spriest, ele.
    I would not call it fun lol was just cocking about Frost seams same as it does now with little extra healing.

Deleted
    How's Unholy? Never really liked Frost. My top specs in WoW are Affliction, Unholy & Windwalker

Anyone know if Thorim 25m is soloable? Can't seem to find a good guide anywhere, beginning to think its impossible due to mechanics

EDIT: figured it out, what a pain in the butt that was...
    Last edited by scabobos; 2014-07-06 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Langy View Post
    How's Unholy? Never really liked Frost. My top specs in WoW are Affliction, Unholy & Windwalker
    As Mionelol said formulas are not done yet (it really shows) will try unholy out tomorrow sometime post a video or something. But we will get allot of changes soon especially for Blood i think. Blood really is bad as in 5 second gaps nothing to do bad currently.

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    Clear up ICC 10 in Frost, skip Valithria, go outside, switch to 25, zone into ICC, switch to 25hc. That takes 30 minutes.
    Can't tell for Ulduar, Thorim's a bitch.
    Anything to skip to Yogg every week or am i gonna have to clear this whole thing every week?

Also.. Phase 3 Yogg..... How the heck could a frost DK manage this one? Very perplexed. I get there easy enough, but its too much hp to burn down and too many adds. I must be missing something

EDIT: Hell ya I did it... damn that was intense!
    Last edited by scabobos; 2014-07-06 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scabobos View Post
    Anything to skip to Yogg every week or am i gonna have to clear this whole thing every week?

Also.. Phase 3 Yogg..... How the heck could a frost DK manage this one? Very perplexed. I get there easy enough, but its too much hp to burn down and too many adds. I must be missing something

EDIT: Hell ya I did it... damn that was intense!
    Have an alt saved with a Yogg lockout.

Save Army for P3, they'll tank the adds for most of that phase.

For those asking about normal Spine of Deathwing here's my kill video just to give an example. I use the same method to keep track of the rolls as Raegwyn, Fnx and co. do, although sometimes I've had the addon count down to one and have not been thrown off.

Deleted
    What ilvl is recommended for Nalak?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lazerhawk View Post
    What ilvl is recommended for Nalak?
    Personally did it at around 560 with absolutely no problems. 540 might be the lowest you can go.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraeth View Post
    Personally did it at around 560 with absolutely no problems. 540 might be the lowest you can go.
    is that using the buff from the guys near the forge?