Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    Jay Wilson didn't destroy it. The community did. Diablo III's community is the most vile, repugnant cesspit of all video game communities.

Oh so the community somehow designed mobs so that they dont drop decent items but once a month? The community made WDs useless for the first few months of the game. The community made all the bugs and exploits that were used to give some people a huge advantage by letting acquire massive amounts of gold and items early on while the rest of us were left with nothing. Makes perfect sense.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Oh so the community somehow designed mobs so that they dont drop decent items but once a month? The community made WDs useless for the first few months of the game. The community made all the bugs and exploits that were used to give some people a huge advantage by letting acquire massive amounts of gold and items early on while the rest of us were left with nothing. Makes perfect sense.
    Enough don't bother with it you are just going to get angry like I am responding to the post in terms of game is good yada yada.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    This confuses me right here.

You don't have to pay for ANYTHING. EVER. Shit was just as impossible to find in D2 as in D3. This comment makes no sense and reeks of hater-made
    So you find it perfectly fine to play a game for 40-50 hours a week and still get nothing? How would you like it if you worked a 40 hour week and when you opened your paycheck it was just a big picture of a middle finger. Thats basically the loot system in D3. It doesnt reward you at all for long periods of play. I dont expect to get legendaries every day as thats impossible no one does. Hell like I mentioned earlier I have gotten less than 10 legendaries since launch and thats playing up to 8 hours a day sometimes more on days I didnt have class. Having played since launch I can count one hand, if I was missing 2 fingers, the number of decent drops I sold on the AH. By decent I mean more than 10 million, but still less than 40 so nothing spectacular. I have gone weeks without even listing a single item. I honestly have no clue how some people have hundreds of millions of gold in gear and then another few hundred million in just gold. They have to be cheating because as many hours as I played I should have gotten a lot of good drops as well, but I never did. If anyone thinks the loot system in D3 is fine and working as intended please lay off the rock, or stop duping.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2013-01-23 at 04:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaldrus View Post
    I'm pretty sure his Twitter said he liked Warhammer prior to it saying he was working on an unannounced Blizzard game.
    This. It has said that for some time now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Standsinfire View Post
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    If that were my dog, I'd Hulk Smash the fuck out of that raccoon.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

Why the hell would you make that connection? Just because he has A and B on his Twitter doesn't mean A and B are linked, it just means that A and B exist. He's not playing some sort of mind game with you people, it's his personal account. Honestly you guys overinterpret every single thing these Blizzard people do.

Jay Wilson could just be messing with people lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    The question was asked about what his new unannounced game he's working on is. His answer was basically "I like Blizzard games and Warhammer games". It's not that hard of a leap at all... more like a casual skip than a leap TBH. :P
    Good job he didn't say he liked cake you'd have him making a baking game lol

Wilson was the lead designer on Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War. Maybe with THQ being broken down and auctioned off in separate pieces starting Jan 22nd, Blizzard could decide to branch out a bit and buy the Dawn of War IP?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    Jay Wilson didn't destroy it. The community did. Diablo III's community is the most vile, repugnant cesspit of all video game communities.
    The community did not design the game and is not responsible for blizzards lack of communication with the player base, that game have issues not related to the community.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    /join <chatroom>
    Hi I'm interested in <like minded activity> lets start a game.

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 07:40 PM ----------

Thats what you did in Diablo 2.
    Did we play the same game? You could clear hell with NM gear or lower without any problems. I've played plenty of hardcore puritains and in no way shape or form did you need to grind for 100s of hours to find usable gear.

15+ Year Old Account
    My bigger question is why would you equate Warhammer with "new Warcraft RTS game?"

Wouldn't the more sensible reaction be, "They demoted him to designing boardgames?"

Or maybe just, "Hey he likes these two things that have similar aesthetics?"

Yea D3 was so much fun. Especially having an account that was flagged for bad loot. Playing 5-6 hours every day, sometimes 10-12, for vendor loot was awesome. Only got a single item since launch that was worth anything and was a socketed Chantodo I got 30 mil for. So obviously after the new legendary patch which means I didnt get a damn thing prior. I think my best streak is 3 weeks without listing a single item on the AH and thats playing at least 30 hours a week so not exactly casual. I watch streams of people that would get like 7-8 legendaries in a few hours and go WTF. I seriously think I maybe got around 15 since the game was released and they are getting that every 2-3 days? People always say accounts cant be flagged for bad loot but my track record for never getting drops and over 750 hours of playing proves you wrong. You call it RNG but after a while it stops being RNG and becomes "The loot system in the game is fucking broken"

I was hoping that when the announcement was made that Jay Wilson was stepping down from Diablo 3 and "moving onto a new project," said project included his adroitness with a mop or handing out mints in the bathroom.

Deleted
    Like seriously people? D3 is a good game ruined by the community?? Did you even play D3? especially at the start?? I dont car about patch 10.678 the game foundation is good but some design choices are just flat out retarted its one of the most unrewarding system ever you can farm for hours to no end and get nothing zilch nada, I have no idea how can you say its a good game seriously, maybe because its a Blizzard game??

That said Im sure Jay Wilson is a great RTS designer and someone said I doubt he was calling the shots on some controversial designs like AH and RMAH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    The community did not design the game and is not responsible for blizzards lack of communication with the player base, that game have issues not related to the community.
    All true.

Starting with the very night of the release the D3 forums at Blizzard were simply terrible and never really got much better. That's long before Blizzard's lack of communication became apparent or even much before issues with Inferno and the rest became very clear.

I'm not saying there wasn't quite a bit wrong with D3 at release, there clearly was and still is although playing without using either of the AH's there is better now than it was. The forum community over on the o-boards there has been out-of-control from the start though. That's both on the community and Blizzard, the latter for not kicking some ass right away when it was apparent to everyone what was going on.

In any case while Jay may be a decent RTS designer there's quite a lot of evidence to suggest he may not be a great project manager. So hopefully, wherever he lands, he'll have responsibilities that play to his strengths and minimize the stuff he has to do where his management skills may be weakest.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-01-23 at 07:42 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Seeing how we're about halfway thru the expansion, it'd be a good time to start laying the groundwork for the next expansion.