Poll: Is It Cowardly to Walk Away from a Fight?

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I voted No. I cant afford a possible dental bill.
    That being said, it all comes down to your day.

Concider this (extreme to make a point): Lost your job, caught your wife/girlfriend cheating on you, its the middle of the month and your out of money due to "x", you havnt slept for days because some punks are keeping you up; blasting musicat night.
    Said punks, 4-5 og them, then get in your face. Wrong damn day. - that would made me go for nutsacks and throats.
    I like juice

Deleted
    Real talk, walk away. If they come at you like that, they want to start something, they're trying to get a reaction from you. The biggest slap in the face for them would be for you to just ignore them. I've tried it several times, it can really hurt your ego right in the situation, but afterwards you realize it was the best thing to do
    Of course, if they're the stabby type, or if they stalk you, running is not out of the question

Its 4v1, who are you to fight them off? The generic MMA fighter?

Run like fuck.....

Laugh at them as mockingly as I can. Let them throw a punch and make sure there are witnesses and then sue their asses and screw their whole life that way.

Much more efficient than hitting them.

Deleted

Deleted
    ._.

Why do people think they're gonna be winning 4/5v1?

Pull out a gun and see them motherfuckers run like hell.

I would stand my ground out of principle. It's not the smart move, but due to past experiences I made a vow to myself to always stand my ground against anyone trying to fuck with me.

Deleted
    no, it's common sense.

Deleted
    Kung-fu is only for defense.

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 12:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Baltasar View Post
    Pull out a gun and see them motherfuckers run like hell.
    Glad this isn't USA or they'll be packing heat as well.

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 12:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    Laugh at them as mockingly as I can. Let them throw a punch and make sure there are witnesses and then sue their asses and screw their whole life that way.

Much more efficient than hitting them.
    I'm sorry but that's not gonna help you in the hospital nor will the incompetent police be able to find them or even care to find them.

Deleted
    I would always walk away, I guess the question is whether they let me.

Deleted
    Whenever I'm in a morally questionable situation, I ask myself what would Kevin Sorbo do.

Quote Originally Posted by Khronius View Post
    I'm sorry but that's not gonna help you in the hospital nor will the incompetent police be able to find them or even care to find them.
    Not like I'm going to let them beat me senseless. And the police is pretty competent in this country atleast

Pretty much just ignore them and keep on walking. Also, the pack mentality of these types is quite interesting. If you *were* inclined as to know some serious self defense, knocking just one of them out in front of the others would probably cause them to scatter. Just grabbing one of them or hitting one and failing to do so will result in them surrounding you and proceeding to punch you down/steal everything you have/knife you/curb stomp you.

Letting one of them hit you at all is not a good idea, create distance and just leave.

Deleted
    Of course it isn't. Only an extreme fool would get oneself into such a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    Let them throw a punch and make sure there are witnesses and then sue their asses and screw their whole life that way.
    Dangerous, but an option - you have to make sure that there are people around that could help you if the situation gets out of hand, though.

Deleted
    Wow, so many naive people. They're chavs, you honestly don't think they have knives as well or the will to use them ?!

How is it possible to answer this without some other randommer calling you a liar and keyboard warrior etc.. sort of tricky ground.

I have been in various situations with the same numbers (well, me and a friend vs 8.) and it ended up with me needing half my tooth replacing after a nasty headbutt. but I didnt back down then, and I dont back down now. I was raised with a kind of 'Never start anything.. but if it gets to the point where you have to throw down, make them regret it.' attitude.

I dont think of others as cowardly for running, not atall, fight or flight is a very real thing and people have different reactions when under pressured situations, I am simply fight. I dont judge others for flight. just as id hope nobody would brand ME a thug for my reaction.

Furthermore whilst I would never advise doing this, I have been threatened with blades before (only smaller swiss type) and simply said 'go on then' most kids nowadays use fear and intimidation and wouldnt dream of following through, but as I said, poor advice, all it takes is one mal adjusted cretin to break that curve and its game over. if you are threatened with a weapon, you SHOULD comply. hand over whatever they want, and leave. but if you choose to stay in that situation, hit hard and with purpose. i.e don't just disarm them. flat out incapacitate them.
    Last edited by Raldazzar; 2013-01-22 at 12:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    How is it possible to answer this without some other randommer calling you a liar and keyboard warrior etc.. sort of tricky ground.

I have been in various situations with the same numbers (well, me and a friend vs 8.) and it ended up with me needing half my tooth replacing after a nasty headbutt. but I didnt back down then, and I dont back down now. I was raised with a kind of 'Never start anything.. but if it gets to the point where you have to throw down, make them regret it.' attitude.

I dont think of others as cowardly for running, not atall, fight or flight is a very real thing and people have different reactions when under pressured situations, I am simply fight. I dont judge others for flight. just as id hope nobody would brand ME a thug for my reaction.
    I like your attitude. That's the correct attitude. However, most people aren't capable of such feats and they should indeed just keep walking.

However, your style isn't really healthy for you. The risk is not always about just losing a tooth, it only takes once to lose a liver and you're done.

Oops, I replied "YES" for some stupid reason when I meant to say "NO." >_<

If it's just me I would walk away. If their were people heckling my wife or insulting her its another story. Thats an affront on my honor and just will not stand. Option C if there was a threat to my wife.