Poll: Is It Cowardly to Walk Away from a Fight?

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    For me it is easy as i have a carry permit and would simply let the them know that i have my weapon on me and have no problem using it.
    You try and you fail,but the only true failure is when you quit trying.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If I'm alone, I walk, unless someone throws a punch. I can handle a shove.

If I'm with someone, and my friend is getting shoved around, we're going to have a problem. I don't take kindly to people fucking with my friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Voted no, but doesn't it really depend on the situation? A potential fight can have anything from zero implications to tons of different ones. Are you with someone else who can't defend themselves? Would you be capable of doing anything in self defense? Would you be able to walk/run away even if you chose to? It can be a complicated situation to size up on the spot. Though I'd say if you weren't leaving a friend behind, and walking away is a viable option, then walking away is by no means cowardly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavecryst View Post
    Voted no, but doesn't it really depend on the situation? A potential fight can have anything from zero implications to tons of different ones. Are you with someone else who can't defend themselves? Would you be capable of doing anything in self defense? Would you be able to walk/run away even if you chose to? It can be a complicated situation to size up on the spot. Though I'd say if you weren't leaving a friend behind, and walking away is a viable option, then walking away is by no means cowardly.
    Yeah, my thoughts. The coward is the group.

Once they come to you, start talking to get enough time to:

1)Look around you for items you may use to hit them with. Try not to kill them tho

2)Take down the leader of the group first, one or two of them might get scared and run away, just take care of the left overs. If you are going down, it's better to take someone down with you.

3)keep an eye on their Movements, Be ready to dodge and strike.

You did good tho, survive to fight another day

Of course it is. It's still usually the smart move depending on the exact situation. I admit I am not always smart in those situations.

1 vs 4 or 5 is almost always a morgue or hospitalization for the 1 person.

I don't care how internet tough you are, the only way you're walking away from a 1 on 5 is if you're fighting 10 year old kids, or if you have a weapon and they do not.

So, no, its not cowardly, its common sense and self-preservation.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not cowardly to walk away from a such "fight". And even if it is - then being a coward was the right thing. Taking them up on the fight only brings you down to their level. They apparently couldn't be reasoned with and you did the right thing - not waste more of your time on trash like that.

Voting C - play dirty. Forget the biting/scratching etc - I'm talking Ender's game dirty where you hospitalise the first 'chav', mess him up so bad that the rest are fucking beside themselves and watch you walk away.

Also, would like to comment on the fact this is written by 'FrankLampard', surely one of the better known chavs in the world.

It depends on whether or not walking away seems a viable option. If not, and fighting is inevitable, I'd most likely choose the biggest of them, and pick them up by the throat. I suspect that would serve to cull the fighting spirit of the rest of the group. If it doesn't, I have a human shield.

I assume if you run they will follow and beat you anyway.

But then you can stab the f"kers and claim self defense and get away unpunished while removing some lowlifes from the earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    I'd personally make them feel like dumbasses by insulting them with exceptionally large words.
    Combine Option A with this.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Can I use spells ?
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

It is not , 5 teens trying to beat up 1 man alone is being cowards.
    The man that can walk await and control his emotion is far from coward , i have high respect for people that can control themself and walk await in such situation.
    My main language is not english , feel free to send me a PM if i made errors that bother you , i shall try to correct it next time!
    www.Joethejoe.weebly.com

In School maybe I'd fight them but being 23 years old I don't think there are many people in this world that can take 4-5 guys alone.

Rejecting the invitation to fight stings harder.

There's nothing of real value to win, and this isn't Hollywood. Life does not need Hollywood reactions, which are forced to function favorably to the underdog in carefully prepared scenes. In real life, you will be overwhelmed by variables like hazards and environment layout that are out of your control.

They will get themselves in a situation in time, but it may not be with you, or so others will perceive it.

Pull out the black belt you bought online for 20$, put it on then start doing what you think are karate poses. If that doesn't scare them, punch one of them in the throat as hard as you can and hope they try to help their dying buddy while you run like a motherfucker.
    If they don't, unbutton your pants and let them drop down a bit, then rip your shirt a bit while you scream "This gang of gay guys is trying to rape me!". If that doesn't embarrass them enough to get them to stop coming after you, turn around and punch another one in the throat while you continue to scream rape and run in the other direction.

Repeat this process until they are all dead/unconscious, they give up, or the cops arrive.
    Last edited by frogger237; 2013-01-22 at 05:52 AM.

A) Keep walking because I'm an adult and I don't give a sloppy fuck what a bunch of stupid teenagers think.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

No, it's not cowardly. It's classy. I have no sympathy for people who feel the need to take the bait and get involved in a needless fight. Now, if you are defending yourself and fearful for your life, by all means, give them everything you've got. But it's unnecessary getting involved in pointless skirmishes because some teenagers are taunting you. Plus, you're likely to have to deal with the law in the event of a fight, and that's just a hassle nobody wants to deal with.

If you got an option to get away then go for it, if it's pretty much forced on you, use everything at your disposal if they surround you, you must take the initiative because chavs are known for their big mouth distraction up the front and the jabs from the sides/back.