Poll: Should Blizzard get rid of GhostCrawler ?

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    No, i support GC cause i feel like he does this job cause he really loves it, otherwise why else would he stick around to argue with trolls. Furthermore i dont know who would replace him but the community would QQ about the next guy too.
    Then Jesus said, 'I can offer you eternal salvation" and the Hunters asked "Can we have Kings or Might instead?" n00b 13:37

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    GhostCrawler is fine, the community isn't.
    Phillip is right again and I agree with him.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mission View Post
    Love him ?
    Hate him ?

Some may not even know who he is, or his ties to WoW.

For quite a long time, off and on, I have seen good and bad responses towards GC.. so I was curious in how people feel, in regards too GC.

If you vote get rid of him, please give a brief explanation why you feel that way.
    If you vote to keep him, please explain why you feel that way as well.

Myself, I love reading his blue posts, his replies to people and would hate to imagine in how stressing his position could really be like.
    I personally love GC. He's addressed a number of my concerns, both in sweeping/board terms and directly, with replies to my beta posts and tweets. People make the mistake of assuming he's the core of every change to the game... when it is in fact a TEAM of people who make changes.

Anyone that thinks he wakes up, stretches, and throws a dart at a board to figure out who he's going to nerf/buff (and yes some people actually say nonsense like this) is an idiot.

Why blame GC for the communities ineptitude?
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

No. He is a decent guy. I may not agree with the decisions the game devs make, but that doesn't have to mean I hate them. The fact Greg is the front of the devs means he gets all the flak from keyboard warriors who're more adept at sweeping hallways than doing his job.

I don't admire his job, but I do admire the how he can put up with so much bullcrap the community can churn out.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Because that's not their decision to make. In this economy it's even really bad to call that. If anything he should not be game director and just be a developer in general like not the guy in charge but a guy that contributes.
    Obviously it isn't - but it isn't like blizzard is going to take the results of this poll and will decide on his job afterwards anyways. Also I am pretty sure that the vote would never go against him - his snarky style has granted him tons of well let's be nice for whatever reason and leave it at fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Anyone that thinks he wakes up, stretches, and throws a dart at a board to figure out who he's going to nerf/buff (and yes some people actually say nonsense like this) is an idiot.
    You are pretty right actually of course it's a team dart game.
    Well of course at the end of the day I don't really blame him for shitty decisions - it's not like they really have access to the same community as other Blizzard titles have and even there shitty decisions are made.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2013-01-22 at 04:40 AM.

He's a fun guy and more importantly a generous one when it comes to connecting with the player base and community.

What most people don't realize is that he's among other things, a dominant voice for Blizzard, but that doesn't make him the head decision maker. As a result when people cry over buffs and nerfs, they tend to blame GC when he might not have had anything to do it.

In the end, the vocal minority of this community tends to be a bunch of whiners and cry babies. There is no reason to even contemplate getting rid of Ghostcrawler.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    GhostCrawler is fine, the community isn't.
    I'd have to agree with this.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

10+ Year Old Account
    If it wouldn't cost him his job, I think he'd like to tell the idiots exactly what they deserve/need to be told and that is to fuck themselves.

Unless he wants to be the next Tseric, he can't do that.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously it isn't - but it isn't like blizzard is going to take the results of this poll and will decide on his job afterwards anyways. Also I am pretty sure that the vote would never go against him - his snarky style has granted him tons of well let's be nice for whatever reason and leave it at fans.
    I haven't seen posts from Jay myself except that one incident about the former DII guy but that's it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Shoo shoo

* Separation of raiding community with 10/25 mans > desecration of 25 man raiding
    * Normal and heroic modes addition + non linear raiding progression which led to basically no sense of progression for the non hardcore/successful raiding guilds/raiders.
    * Total annihilation of the leveling experience. Just give us a instant ding 90 button.
    * Mainstreaming of classes, they lost their unique character
    * Trying to turn WoW into a social platform which kinda failed since you cant promote that thing without strong and healthy communities aka their older and more traditional 25 man guilds which had hundreds of players (raiders and socials) in their rosters.
    * Gold inflation is higher then even before. You finish BC with 3-4 k g and feel nice and somehow rich yet you still have to work for the goodies that you like. You finish Wrath with 30-40 k and feel the same. You finish Cata with 300-400 and you can buy everything. You are half way through MoP and have more then 1 million and nothing to spend it on.

I just dont consider him a player that plays the game at least not on any semi decent level therefore i dont believe he knows what gamers need and above all else that's strong and healthy communities. Biggest proof of that is that he simply destroyed them. Also he doesnt appreciate the value of "cheese" in order to keep players motivated so he just decided to give the "cheese" to everyone. To bad people tend to get bored without "cheese".
    Last edited by MarizzaDraenor; 2013-01-22 at 04:53 AM.

Yes.

1. Class balance/functionality changes that have gone live from beta testing last two expansions, many of whom have taken weeks if not months after release date to fix
    2. Slow to balance sorely needed changes, to the point that I wonder if they are in fact left in so that players are encouraged to roll an alt/reroll for pve/pvp purposes (the OPness of rogues w/legendaries at the end of last xpac, only to nerfbat them to feather-tickling status at the beginning of MoP; etc).
    3. Deliberate snarkiness regarding player feedback--his response to priests complaining (justifiably) about mana issues was to nerf pw:solace (whole thing was outlined in a beta thread on the forums, priests were complaining that they had to spam solace just to have mana); solace left practically unusable until solace changes finally suggested for patch implementation, rapture finally buffed.
    4. A whole host of "wtf are you thinking?" changes that have left me scratching my head for the last two expansions; sometimes it feels as though he doesn't even play this game.

I don't expect people to agree with me but that's how I feel. In all fairness some of the issues may not be related to GC but with other members of the design team or other external influences that he may have no control over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Yes.

1. Class balance/functionality changes that have gone live from beta testing last two expansions, many of whom have taken weeks if not months after release date to fix
    2. Slow to balance sorely needed changes, to the point that I wonder if they are in fact left in so that players are encouraged to roll an alt/reroll for pve/pvp purposes (the OPness of rogues w/legendaries at the end of last xpac, only to nerfbat them to feather-tickling status at the beginning of MoP; etc).
    3. Deliberate snarkiness regarding player feedback--his response to priests complaining (justifiably) about mana issues was to nerf pw:solace (whole thing was outlined in a beta thread on the forums, priests were complaining that they had to spam solace just to have mana); solace left practically unusable until solace changes finally suggested for patch implementation, rapture finally buffed.
    4. A whole host of "wtf are you thinking?" changes that have left me scratching my head for the last two expansions; sometimes it feels as though he doesn't even play this game.

I don't expect people to agree with me but that's how I feel. In all fairness some of the issues may not be related to GC but with other members of the design team or other external influences that he may have no control over.
    He doesn't make all of the decisions.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I think that poll is rather telling.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    He doesn't make all of the decisions.
    Yup I know, hence the last part of my post.

That being said he has definitely been behind some decisions I have not agreed with...also all of this is really moot, I HIGHLY doubt anyone at Blizzard Headquarters is going to read this and go "GOOD GOD! CELISTA FROM MMO-CHAMP THINKS GC NEEDS TO GO! BETTER LET GREG KNOW HE'S GETTING THE OL' HEAVE-HO!" (I imagine that part being said by Mike Morhaime with a British accent, smoking a very large pipe and wearing an ascot).

I will say that if MoP "fails" or performs far below expectations that there will be many a management team change, guaranteed....not saying that it is or isn't "failing" though, too soon to tell.

Perosnally i like GC, he's not perfect, but he does get a lot of really dumb questions like "I was at 50% and then got one shot by a warrior... what are you going to do about this?"

i think GC should stay, BUT blizzard need to force him into working with top players. he is the RIGHT person for the job, but he lacks first hand experience. he is willing to make decisions and take action, but he bases them on bad or inaccurate information.

Everyone is obviously free to have their own opinion on how he interacts with the community, but that's not even the main part of his job. He's the Lead Systems Designer, and none of us could possibly know how well he leads his team unless you actually work there.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    i think GC should stay, BUT blizzard need to force him into working with top players. he is the RIGHT person for the job, but he lacks first hand experience. he is willing to make decisions and take action, but he bases them on bad or inaccurate information.
    Who chooses the top players? Also, the game can never be geared just for 100 people and the other 10 million told to fuck off. The 10 million are actually more important to WoW than the top 100 players, like it or not, that is the truth. If the game was geared for 100 people it would die.
    But apart from that, I would put money on the small detail the top players are not the ones who post whiney messages and cry when he treats them with the respect they deserve. Those whiners are the ones who think they would be top players if only GC would stop all work apart from stuff that would make them top players and bugger every other class and spec - and that will never happen. I could probably list 10 things that would make me a top player if WoW was just geared for the way I play but I am far to old and sensible to every make such a list Some players are too young to realise that what they want is selfsih and the game is just not about them but the other 10 million players too.

Yes. Any developer that feels they can say to someone's face 'No, that's not fun, you are wrong' is an idiot, plain and simple. If you want to disagree that's fine but it's nonsense for a developer to imply that someone is wrong for enjoying what they enjoy, they don't decide what is fun, they put in things they think is fun and it's up for the player to decide whether it is or not.