Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Martoshi View Post
    No. Some raiding is extremely fulfilling (I will remember killing Vashj/Kael with my guild for the rest of my life).
    So, some raiding is fulfilling, but you personally don't think LFR is, therefore LFR is not?

    Obviously lots of people enjoy LFR and are doing it, so it fulfills some need.

    Yes, many people do. If you have a problem with that you should take it up with Blizzard.
    Very few do, actually, and we tend to kick them. If a sizeable number did bosses would not go down.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    I hate these casual Fridays ruining it for real Fridays.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Gear thread mill for bad players.
    I am not sure if this is just a troll post... but I pretty much agree.

    The ONLY reason LFR exists is to keep casual players playing and hooking them onto the carrot-on-a-stick. Those players wouldn't get upgrades at all otherwise, because the other means to do so require actual work.

    It's your weekly chance to have a shot at random loot. If they removed LFR today and just sent you 12 bags in the mail each with a chance to drop an item, it would be identical ... minus the headaches of actually doing LFR.


    Basically, Blizzard realizes players with no care to do actual raids want items, and this is their way to keep you hooked and playing. Face it.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    I am not sure if this is just a troll post... but I pretty much agree.

    The ONLY reason LFR exists is to keep casual players playing and hooking them onto the carrot-on-a-stick. Those players wouldn't get upgrades at all otherwise, because the other means to do so require actual work.
    Where by "casual player" you mean 90+% of all players. Those making good progress in normal mode raids, never mind heroic modes, are a tiny minority. Most players don't do normal mode raids, and most that do are struggling there.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    I hate these casual Fridays ruining it for real Fridays.

  4. #44
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    11,920
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    The ONLY reason LFR exists is to keep casual players playing and hooking them onto the carrot-on-a-stick. Those players wouldn't get upgrades at all otherwise, because the other means to do so require actual work.

    It's your weekly chance to have a shot at random loot. If they removed LFR today and just sent you 12 bags in the mail each with a chance to drop an item, it would be identical ... minus the headaches of actually doing LFR.
    There are still a few of us who enjoy playing the game. So no, it wouldn't be the same if they just sent me 12 bags in the mail each week. It's also true, but probably unimaginable to you, that carrot-on-a-stick is irrelevant to me. The only gear I need is what's required to successfully play although if I get a really good item through RNG I won't give it away. I do LFR because I like doing it. There are others like me I'm sure that don't necessarily post in raid forums.

    I play WoW because I enjoy it. If I stop enjoying it, I suppose I won't play any longer. Amazing logic, I know.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-01-23 at 06:44 PM.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

    It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    There are still a few of us who enjoy playing the game. So no, it wouldn't be the same if they just sent me 12 bags in the mail each week. It's also true, but probably unimaginable to you, that carrot-on-a-stick is irrelevant to me. The only gear I need is what's required to successfully play although if I get a really good item through RNG I won't give it away. I do LFR because I like doing it. There are others like me I'm sure that don't necessarily post in raid forums.

    I play WoW because I enjoy it. If I stop enjoying it, I suppose I won't play any longer. Amazing logic, I know.
    Kudos to you.

    I bet if it dropped zero loot, you wouldn't do it.

  6. #46
    The Lightbringer thunderdragon2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    3,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    stopped doing LFR on my dk, since now with the minimum range removed hunter is so much more fun imo, and i got sick off doing elegon without getting the sword(9 elegon kills) ^^ was so funny, some weeks ago.. i only need hands token from the guy after garalon in LFR, got shoulders, used coin got ring, and dident need any of those 2, RnG works in myterious ways
    im using all 5 coins i have + my normal roll today in hopes of 1 of the items i need but sofar 3 sets of gold.... expecting another 3....

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    So, some raiding is fulfilling, but you personally don't think LFR is, therefore LFR is not?

    Obviously lots of people enjoy LFR and are doing it, so it fulfills some need.
    No, you're just failing to comprehend the point. I'm sure many people enjoy LFR, but it's never going to be fulfilling the same way TBC raiding was. That's because TBC raiding required you to build a guild, work together towards a common goal over an extended period of time, overcome great obstacles as a team etc. etc. LFR will never be able to produce the same experience, not even close.

  8. #48
    The Lightbringer thunderdragon2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    3,360
    Quote Originally Posted by flingan View Post
    I wished we could report those who is leeching througe the LFR , you want the loot, but dont want to help , today we had four of them standing afk, two healers and two dps, not fair to the other four healers , i really wished we could kick you during the fights , or report you , so you have to give back the loot you got, if you helped out, it it would goes much faster , and then you have been working for the loot =) hopefully blizz will do something about those lazy ppl in the future, maybe send the dps meter ^^
    give people more incentive to contribute than a 15% chance at loot and maybe they'd heap

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Martoshi View Post
    No, you're just failing to comprehend the point. I'm sure many people enjoy LFR, but it's never going to be fulfilling the same way TBC raiding was. That's because TBC raiding required you to build a guild, work together towards a common goal over an extended period of time, overcome great obstacles as a team etc. etc. LFR will never be able to produce the same experience, not even close.
    For almost everyone, TBC raiding wasn't fulfilling in that manner. Instead, it was either ignored, or was frustrating.

    So, again, you are projecting atypical experiences onto the player population as a whole.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    I hate these casual Fridays ruining it for real Fridays.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    For almost everyone, TBC raiding wasn't fulfilling in that manner. Instead, it was either ignored, or was frustrating.
    I don't understand what's so difficult about this for you to understand. I gave an example of a type of raiding that was very fulfilling, I never in any way stated or implied all raiding in TBC was fulfilling to everyone. Why do you insist on posting if you have no point?

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Martoshi View Post
    I don't understand what's so difficult about this for you to understand. I gave an example of a type of raiding that was very fulfilling, I never in any way stated or implied all raiding in TBC was fulfilling to everyone. Why do you insist on posting if you have no point?
    No, I understand your point perfectly. What you fail to appreciate (or at least indicate that you appreciate) is that the situation is entirely symmetrical: for some people (and, I dare say, more people), LFR is fulfilling in a way that TBC raiding could never be.

    Notice also that in the original message of yours I was responding to, you didn't qualify "fulfilling" with any notion of "to whom". You committed the usual hardcore egotistical error of transforming your own personal preferences into some sort of universal description of the content. You went so far as to define LFR as not being raiding at all!
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2013-01-23 at 07:36 PM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    I hate these casual Fridays ruining it for real Fridays.

  12. #52
    I sure am glad LFR exists. Otherwise, once I hit 90, I'd have nothing to do but random BGs, and I'd probably unsub. Which is basically what happened to me in Cata. For a person like me, they really went above and beyond of delivering actual stuff to do if your guild doesn't raid.


    Also, I swear I have some sort of absurd luck in LFR with drops. I have every tier piece, in some cases more than once. Every actually useful non-tier piece. Several items up to 5 times :x the legendary gem on two characters, and next week, I'll have the prismatic socket on my main.

  13. #53
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    11,920
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Kudos to you.

    I bet if it dropped zero loot, you wouldn't do it.
    It's been a while since it's dropped anything that I can use but I'm still running it from time to time so you might lose that bet.

    While being just a shadow of normal/heroic raiding, it's the closest thing I have at the moment due to a number of personal reasons. So while I might not run it a lot, I would still run it. Like anyone else, I'm susceptible to having it move down my priority list once I've done it to the point where I don't see anything new any longer (and that's a larger idea than just gear to be clear). But I like raiding and I especially like large-group raiding so this is what I have right now.

    It's not always about the gear with everyone.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

    It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

  14. #54
    It's for people that don't have the time to do normal raiding. At least that's what Blizzard said. Those people can jump in, see the content and get some (lower quality) gear. Simple as that. Don't like it, don't do it. But no, people like to whine about it. I say this, if it doesn't affect you, why do you care?

  15. #55
    Herald of the Titans Adramalech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,735
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Kudos to you.

    I bet if it dropped zero loot, you wouldn't do it.
    If heroic modes dropped zero loot and were there just for the challenge, would you run them?

    If so, kudos to you. The same logic applies here. All forms of raiding (yes, LFR is raiding, despite the non-existant difficulty) have a carrot on a stick to make you keep coming back. If LFR had no loot, many people wouldn't run it every week, they'd see the place and then rarely step foot in it again. But isn't the same true for heroic modes? If it had no loot, wouldn't most people who do them progress through it just to clear it in its hardest difficulty, and then never step foot inside again?

    The pendulum always swings both ways. Don't think that the same doesn't apply to you just because you're in the opposite side of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

  16. #56
    Immortal Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    7,802
    LFR is horrible for farming gear. Droprate simply is waay too low.

    Wait until 5.2 for weapon drops and just farm Valor and buy your gear.

    Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Adorable Miqo'te - (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

  17. #57
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,084
    Quote Originally Posted by Korza View Post
    Twice actually. Which is a small amount, but is what I said, and no. I expect to get more than the same belt over and over.

    Also I'm not starting MSV normal. I'm starting MSV and HoF heroic... Did you even bother to look at the guild before assuming I'd be doing normals?
    SO your starting heroic raids and complaining about loot drops in LFR... unbelievable... You do realise that the LFR is not meant for gearing up for normal's and heroics right?

    And have you ever raiding for months killing the same boss and the same thing drop or the one you want not drop ....

    longest I have gone its the entire duration from release to the next expansion to get a drop from supremeus in BT... got it 3 days before Wrath came out >.<
    so LFR is pure heaven compared to that lol
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

  18. #58
    I think one of the solutions to LFR is to make it share loot lockout with normal and heroic modes. The purpose of LFR is to see content and not to gear up for normal/heroic. I would probably even go as far as saying that my guild would be doing multiple heroic boss kills of the same boss some weeks just to integrate trials into our guild.

    One counter arguement frequently used is that if we removed all normal/heroic raiders from LFR (lets face it 99% of them do it for loot) the LFR bosses would be too hard. My solution for that is to nerf them until even the biggest retards in the world can do them, afterall its all about seeing the content.

    A feature I would much rather see in WoW that allow players to "see content" would be a spectator mode (preferably like in Counter Strike where you have multiple options) obviously the raid leader should have the option to turn spectator on/off for outsiders so that people cant steal tactics during world/server first progression. A spectator mode would also allow the option of 11+/26+ people "raids" where the raid leader or multiple raiders sits out in order to lead the raid.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    A feature I would much rather see in WoW that allow players to "see content" would be a spectator mode ....
    They already have a spectator mode, it's called YouTube. Other than researching strategies for your own raids, I don't know why anyone would use it. I don't pay for games to watch other people play them.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    If heroic modes dropped zero loot and were there just for the challenge, would you run them?
    You think I wipe to bosses 50+ times a night for one purple item? It's actually a challenge, killing end tier bosses is absolutely fulfilling, and all of it makes me want to better my character any way I can.

    What does LFR make you do, not be idle so the game doesn't kicks you for being inactive?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •