Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    I don't recall them saying the Alliance would be losing someone important at all. I've been following this religiously. Jaina doesn't have the Focusing Iris anymore. It's in Dalaran. If anything this is more fear. I don't want Jaina going anywhere. I think she's a great character. I just hope she stays.
    Well Dalaran is her city now and im sure she can access the vault where they store these powerful items if she can make a huge decision like kicking the Horde out without asking the entire council of 6 first. And don't get me wrong she is a great character but blizzard does have a bad track record with powerful female characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Susanoo View Post
    Well Dalaran is her city now and im sure she can access the vault where they store these powerful items if she can make a huge decision like kicking the Horde out without asking the entire council of 6 first. And don't get me wrong she is a great character but blizzard does have a bad track record with powerful female characters.
    Sylvanas is fine.

Tyrande I think needs some more development.

And if my theory is correct the Goblins will get a Female leader when Gallywix dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Sylvanas is fine.

And if my theory is correct the Goblins will get a Female leader when Gallywix dies.
    I was referring to more along the of the lines of Maiev.

Ahhhhh.

Yeah then I still agree with you there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I hope thats just idle threats rather than whats going to happen. I still dont think storywise that the Alliance should beable to assult Orgrimmar, if they went in there to kill Garrosh they wouldnt just say "well good job fellas lets go back to Stormwind". They would destroy the city and probably the horde along with it.

It makes sense for the horde to beable to casually walk into their own city and then try to assasinate Garrosh, but I dont see how the Alliance could do it.
    We already know the Alliance will join forces with the Horde rebels, likely lead by Vol'jin Baine and Lor'themar and Thrall, to siege Orgrimmar and end Garrosh' reign as Warchief. Given Varian's new temperament post Wolfheart/Leader Short Story, I think he would honor a truce to bring Garrosh to justice and leave Orgrimmar to the Horde rebellion. Even Jaina says there can be no lasting peace 'as long as Garrosh is Warchief' so I don't think the Alliance will have too hard a time withdrawing once Garrosh is out of the way.

Wrathion will also certainly have a part to play in things as well, maybe Anduin too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Truth be told, I love Maiev and all, put she was dancing on the brink of madness way back in War III, so even if it was wrote shittly by Knaak, it wasn't really surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    Truth be told, I love Maiev and all, put she was dancing on the brink of madness way back in War III, so even if it was wrote shittly by Knaak, it wasn't really surprising.
    A lot of people hate on Knaak, but I think it's a bit out of proportion. Yes, some of the stuff he does, coughraptorarmycoughsuperwolfvariancough is dumb, but I like a lot of what he DOES do. While I thought that throwing Rhonin, Krasus and Broxigar back in time was ultimately unnecessary, I enjoyed the war of the ancients trilogy overall. I love how he handles dragons. I liked much of the character development in Wolfheart as well, and I think that Maive was done fairly well there. What does somebody do, so obsessed with vengeance, after the target of their vengeance is gone? Well in Maiev's case she continues down that path, targeting the Highborne next with the same fanaticism she used against Illidan. While I was disapointed with Kael'thas and Illidan going from interesting gray characters to cartoon baddies in BC, I think this is a natural progression for Maiev. And I think it'd be interesting, if Blizz does bring Illidan back some day, to see their roles reversed, with Illidan as an anti hero agian and Maiev as the villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    Maiev saw her effective family murdered by a woman she saw as her leader, and done so that a criminal she was tasked with guarding could be released. Following his release more of her people died at his hands, which as a warden, you are supposed to prevent. She swore to destroy him and when he finally died she was left without a purpose, returned home to a very different Darnassus as well. Ya, she's full of vengeance and hatred, but it's pretty easy to see why.

I'd prefer retirement. She can just kick back and knit socks for the last millennia or her life. Or whatever Night Elves lifespan has been reduced to.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I hope thats just idle threats rather than whats going to happen. I still dont think storywise that the Alliance should beable to assult Orgrimmar, if they went in there to kill Garrosh they wouldnt just say "well good job fellas lets go back to Stormwind". They would destroy the city and probably the horde along with it.

It makes sense for the horde to beable to casually walk into their own city and then try to assasinate Garrosh, but I dont see how the Alliance could do it.
    I would strongly disagree.

Remember, there is more to Azeroth then just the Horde and Alliance. Attacking the Horde rebels and attempting to seize the city completely would demand fighting an enemy of similar strength on their home turf. The end result would be a Pyrrhic victory at best and guarantee the rest of the Horde would violently resist down to the last child. These are things the Alliance (or for that matter, the Horde) could afford, especially with the threat of a Burning Legion invasion on the horizon. And even if the Burning Legion doesn't show, in a universe of so many cosmic evils there's only so many resources you can logically spare to fight an enemy that can merely kill you.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

I wonder what will happen in siege in both Jaina and Lor'themar use this new powers.

Shado-pan strongly advice both to just destroy it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    I wonder what will happen in siege in both Jaina and Lor'themar use this new powers.

Shado-pan strongly advice both to just destroy it.
    Doesn't Jaina also have some remnant of Aegwynn's power? Or did I miss something.

Deleted
    I hope we get to kill Jaina, i hate her.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    I hope we get to kill Jaina, i hate her.
    I used to love her! Now I can't wait to "Dispense some justice" on her.

maybe the siege, or the final raid will have more than just one bad apple. Maybe Jaina tries to nuke it, while there are still innocents in there, and we gotta put her down.

Deleted
    I, personally, doubt Jaina is going to die.

These are who I think could die in Siege:
    -Garrosh (Agreed.)
    -Baine (Why?)
    -Saurfang (Highly Unlikely)
    -Aggra (Why?)
    -Gallywix (Uninvolved, highly unlikely)

Sylvanas might launch a large scale plaque attack on Orgrimmar, killing both faction's troops in the result, leaving only a wasteland, as payback for Garrosh's hypocrisy in Gilneas.

I, personally, doubt Jaina is going to die.

These are who I think could die in Siege:
    -Garrosh (of course. But he may live!)
    -Baine (or Mortally wounded)
    -Saurfang (I am 99% sure he will die)
    -Aggra (I'm like 80% sure she will die)
    -Gallywix (999999999999999999%)

And that's it.
    They stated alliance losing someone and you list all Horde people... O.o

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 10:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    -Garrosh (Agreed.)
    -Baine (Why?)
    -Saurfang (Highly Unlikely)
    -Aggra (Why?)
    -Gallywix (Uninvolved, highly unlikely)

Sylvanas might launch a large scale plaque attack on Orgrimmar, killing both faction's troops in the result, leaving only a wasteland, as payback for Garrosh's hypocrisy in Gilneas.
    Wouldn't that be hypocritical too? Didn't she go to Ogrimmar to ask Thrall to help her take back her city, because she misplaced trust in someone? What if Thrall asks her for aid, in that exact same manor, that he misplaced trust in Garrosh. Weirdly the Alliance will be at both, making it even more deja vu-ish xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Alliance could lose Topper Mcnabb.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Alliance could lose Topper Mcnabb.
    I'm sure many alliance members will believe thats fair and unbias :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Sunreavers are still there, and in force. At the behest of Taran Zhu they orchestrate a ceasefire with Jaina, though she declares lasting peace cannot exist so long as Hellscream is Warchief, a sentiment shared by Lorthemar. (according to voice files)
    Not in Dalaran is what I was implying.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Not in Dalaran is what I was implying.
    Oh really, there are still a lot of Sunreavers in Dalaran though they make a vacation in the violet hold ;P

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 10:19 AM ----------

Wouldn't that be hypocritical too? Didn't she go to Ogrimmar to ask Thrall to help her take back her city, because she misplaced trust in someone? What if Thrall asks her for aid, in that exact same manor, that he misplaced trust in Garrosh. Weirdly the Alliance will be at both, making it even more deja vu-ish xD
    Very true. The first thing sylvie did when she got chucked out of undercity was come over to thrall asking for help. He did just that. I can see in SoO that thrall speaks to all the leaders showing that he messed up by putting Garrosh in charge and how much was lost because of him. Thrall will probably mention how he was focused on helping heal the world that he misjudged someone and that faith has brought ruin upon the horde.

Aggra won't die. Reasoning for me to think this?

Thrall - his story was that his PARENTS died leaving him an orphan, he is now in the SAME situation as his parents were. They saw the horde going to a ruinous path. They tried to act to save it but paid the price. Thrall even had to watch his parents die during cata (caverns of time story thing).

Having his son have a repeated story of one or both his parents die would be a tad sucky. It would make more sense for Thrall to throw Garrosh off the throne and then assume control once again to come full circle and save the horde from it self like his parents had tried. Remember Thrall has never been in this position before. When he took over the horde they were weak and needed uplifting. Now they are strong but giving into bloodlust. This is the same situation his parents faced.

Also it would be nice to not mirror varians wife with aggra and having aggra die. it would make both Thrall and varian the same damn thing :/