Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post
    You're right... Selling drugs doesn't affect you... Unless maybe you live in Mexico or Colombia... or are mixed up in gang violence etc etc etc.
    And, if it were legalized, all of those things wouldn't be affected at all. Drug trafficking leads to violent crime. You know. Kinda like how Prohibition saw a rise in violent crime enough to cause Congress to sign a new amendment into place the rendered the Prohibition amendment null? In fact, Prohibition is actually an extremely fantastic example of how legalizing drugs would actually be more beneficial in the long run. During Prohibition, there was more drunkeness and more crime, two things Prohibition was supposed to curb. The same ideas apply with drugs.

And he has amazing talent, to boot. Used to be in my top list of rappers, and although he's dropped to more underground artists for me lately, he's still up there

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... Too bad that he hasn't made a solid solo album since The Black Album He will never beat Reasonable Doubt.
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzgerald77 View Post
    Yeah... Too bad that he hasn't made a solid solo album since The Black Album He will never beat Reasonable Doubt.
    I'd say Blueprint 2. But BP2 should have been one disc, not two.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzgerald77 View Post
    American Gangster was just as good if not better then the Black Album and the Blueprint. It showed that he still has crazy wordplay when he wants to really rap.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit, that's Jay Z? I never knew what he looked like. I expected him to look more like Kanye West for some reason. Maybe with a better hat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

So my father, who started up TWO successful companies, without selling drugs or shooting someone, isn't part of the American Dream?

And if the "American Dream" is to be successful via hard work, but successful people are targeted by Obama for higher taxes, how is that a good a "dream?"

10+ Year Old Account
    The American Dream is not achieved, it's either taken or given to you.

You don't earn it. That's the fallacy Baby Boomers have been living in, since the government basically handed it to them, or they took it.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Honestly, it's hard to come up with a better, real "American Dream" story than Obama unless it was MLK himself becoming President.

Quote Originally Posted by jhurley713 View Post
    there are plenty of people that i know who grew up with poor families and became very well off. jay-z is just one person who falls into such a category so you can not call him the definition of the american dream.
    Yes you can and that whole statement just makes the American Dream that much more real....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    American Gangster was just as good if not better then the Black Album and the Blueprint. It showed that he still has crazy wordplay when he wants to really rap.
    Okay, I'll give you that one. Most of the songs on AG were pretty well done, but as for BP3 and kingdom come? Give me a break

As for this whole "american dream" thing? It's exactly that, a dream.
    Last edited by Fitzgerald77; 2013-01-23 at 06:08 AM.
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    And, if it were legalized, all of those things wouldn't be affected at all. Drug trafficking leads to violent crime. You know. Kinda like how Prohibition saw a rise in violent crime enough to cause Congress to sign a new amendment into place the rendered the Prohibition amendment null? In fact, Prohibition is actually an extremely fantastic example of how legalizing drugs would actually be more beneficial in the long run. During Prohibition, there was more drunkeness and more crime, two things Prohibition was supposed to curb. The same ideas apply with drugs.
    Mhm but they aren't legal...

And drugs shouldn't be legal with socialized healthcare in place. I don't particularly like footing a junkies medical bill with my taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post
    Mhm but they aren't legal...

And drugs shouldn't be legal with socialized healthcare in place. I don't particularly like footing a junkies medical bill with my taxes.
    So let them front it with their taxes
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Last edited by Chingylol; 2013-01-23 at 08:08 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Suikoden View Post
    Apparently so. I thought that died out years ago....
    Nah, it's still alive and well in Europe

Deleted
    IF the "American dream" is to gain lots of money and material and become a public figure then sure, he is living it. There's no denying in that. Just like this fella here...

And the so called "singer" who had this song "material girl" pretty much sums it up for these kind of "american dreams".

I'd rather be a public figure in Canadian way just like James Cameron and seriously be a part of something creative not only in movies but in science and technology. Jay Z, Madonna and Arnold are pretty much nothing compared to him. They are more like franchises. Not saying they're stupid or anything, but still..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Cameron
    Last edited by mmocfd546f5e2f; 2013-01-23 at 08:38 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    [video=youtube;fOSXLkiVX3k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOSXLkiVX3k

[video=youtube;hRf6pF5lqGQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRf6pF5lqGQ
    Well his President is black, And he appearently is black and gifted too don't think you can denie that with all that he has. Wouldnt say young though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Indeed, I believe in the American dream in the same sense that I believe in the Dutch dream, the German dream, and so on. Living in the first world is fucking awesome.
    Couldn´t have said it better myself...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soutalgon View Post
    Jay z also once sold drugs to get by and amass wealth to start his "empire." So the American dream is to ruin the lives of others eh?
    I don't see how drugs ruin the lives of anyone. If they get addicted, that's their problem and their fault, not the dealer's.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Hahaha what do you guys bet that this is Jay-Z's MMOC account and he is trying to big himself up cos he has realised he is a tool and everyone stopped giving a shit around 2005