Poll: Which cinematic do you think was better overall?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    well sc2's cinematic definitely looks like it is from a video game, the eso cinematic looks like live action in a lot of spots

I suppose it just depends on what you prefer there, both are extremely well done

Deleted
    TBH ESO doesn't even look that good if you ask me.

Their Skyrim trailer was much better, it also looked way more lifelike.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wynterlyn View Post
    I mean what did you expect really? You can come a forum full of Blizzard fan boys. Do you really think TES:O is going to win?
    Not on mmo-champion, no, I know well the site that I've posted that many times on.

<-- See

The point of this thread though, was to read others' thoughts and reasons and see the numbers amongst this community when offered a poll for comparative reasons.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I was extremely impressed with ESO's character models; insanely well done, looked real. HOTS is what it is; awesome, but I facepalmed a little at the end..with kerrigan "waking up" or whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocassius View Post

Last I checked, live-action means it is all real footage with maybe a little bit of CGI, obviously the dragon being most of it.

Unless you really think all of that was real footage and then covered with CGI? You can tell it's real.
    "A flower.

Are you kidding? That is live action, it's not CGI, it says live action right there, those are real human actors. The fact that you even considered the ESO trailer comparable really speaks volumes of the quality of ESO's trailer.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty subjective but for me I can't see how ESO's cinematic has better CGI. The swarm of zerg and the nydus worm looks really great. It's actually really hard to make an army of 100 zerglings and while making it look like each zergling has its own life.
    There was really only one part in the trailers I could compare against each other and have it be almost a perfect comparison, and even then, it obviously wasn't. And that was Kerrigan at the end waking up versus the elf. The SC2 trailer is full of alien creatures that you don't get a good look at really ever, machinery of the future-style as opposed to next to no machinery in the ESO trailer. The ESO has all sorts of cloth while the SC2 one is filled with metal.

SC2 succeeded especially on the machinery and the general future-style of fighting, I'll say it again, and the explosions.
    ESO succeeded especially on faces and individual fighting between singular characters.
    "A flower.

It's kinda obvious what will get more votes, seeing that this forum is mostly Blizzard related. If such a thread was created on bethesda-related forums, the votes would've been different.

I vote for ESO.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    There was really only one part in the trailers I could compare against each other and have it be almost a perfect comparison, and even then, it obviously wasn't. And that was Kerrigan at the end waking up versus the elf. The SC2 trailer is full of alien creatures that you don't get a good look at really ever, machinery of the future-style as opposed to next to no machinery in the ESO trailer. The ESO has all sorts of cloth while the SC2 one is filled with metal.

SC2 succeeded especially on the machinery and the general future-style of fighting, I'll say it again, and the explosions.
    ESO succeeded especially on faces and individual fighting between singular characters.
    I think Diablo 3's cinematics are what you should look for if you wanna compare human's realism.

Deleted
    Last I checked, live-action means it is all real footage with maybe a little bit of CGI, obviously the dragon being most of it.
    Yeah dragon looks a bit fake, but man are those norn models epic, and that town.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    The ESO one was boring and generic. Had no voice acting or anything, all it showed was how messy and pvp'ish the game is going to be. Also, it didn't even show all races - though, am I the only one who spotted both Argonians and Khajiit in the vid?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    Well its a good thing thats not what this fucking thread is about.

Anyway, I am really undecided which one I like more. The big crazy action scenes in the HOTS were really fucking awesome, but as others have said, ho man that CGI in the ESO trailer was surprisingly amazing.
    Thus why I gave you the "I liked them equally" choice.

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 04:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    The ESO one was boring and generic. Had no voice acting or anything, all it showed was how messy and pvp'ish the game is going to be. Also, it didn't even show all races - though, am I the only one who spotted both Argonians and Khajiit in the vid?
    Please tell everyone where and when you saw them. :P
    "A flower.

Yeah dragon looks a bit fake, but man are those norn models epic, and that town.
    umm, that was live action, as in those models (other than the dragon obviously) are real actors...

10+ Year Old Account
    ESO has slightly more realistic models but some of the animation and lighting is just awful.

Overall HotS cinematic is better.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah the character models in TES trailer are fucking amazing... I think they used some sort of technique to merge real actors with CGI or something... can't imagine they made those imba models by hand 100%...

but overall I am more interested in the story of HOTS hence I liked that trailer better blizz made me curious about what will happen to the Queen of Blades

I personally prefer the ESO cinematic, but I'm a big fan of the series, and don't really care at all about SC2.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Thus why I gave you the "I liked them equally" choice.

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 04:35 PM ----------

Please tell everyone where and when you saw them. :P

Gladly

First, down underground with the Dark Elves and Nord, when the Werewolf attacks, you see it known a humaniod creature to the ground - said creature has horns and a tail - Argonians look really wierd in TESO compared to the other TES games. As for the Khajiit; Notice the guards guarding the female High Elf mage, the ones in really funky armor - they have tails, therefor they must be Khajiit, which also explains the funky armor.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Though I'm not a fan of Starcraft, I have to say the Starcraft one was better overall.

In terms of looks, Elder Scrolls one beats the Starcraft one, for it looks much better. However, it's just boring, just some fighting, no background, no showing us some heroes, not even showing us all the races. The Starcraft one has some lore, something to make you interested and such, and this brings it ahead.
    To be perfectly fair, the SC2 trailer completely left out the Protoss race. :P
    "A flower.

bringing up lore in these cinematics is pointless, if you don't follow the game in question at all the lore is meaningless

To be perfectly fair, the SC2 trailer completely left out the Protoss race. :P
    The gnome replaced Protoss.