Poll: Which cinematic do you think was better overall?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bestpike View Post
    The eso one was pretty flat. I mean, removing any labels from the video, could anyone say that this is elder scrolls? I think not. Nothing in there to give that elder scroll feeling that could make it different from the other mmos. But as video quality goes, it was nice.
    I must admit, some of the guards had armor that really reminded me of the Imperial armor in Skyrim... so... yes, I could make a guess that it was Elder Scrolls.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm obviously heavily biased towards SC2 but I can say that I liked them both, however I feel that I connect muuuuch more to the SC2 one

(TvZ for life, best matchup to both play and watch, sorry Protoss)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    bringing up lore in these cinematics is pointless, if you don't follow the game in question at all the lore is meaningless
    I disagree - since it's nice to have at least some piece of story related element in a video. Lore interested or not.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MMKing View Post
    HOTS trailer was pretty epic. But im feeling teased...

- We clearly see Banelings roll towards the terran line, but no impact -_-. Would love to see both marines and siege tanks being hit by banelings.

- Was hoping to see some kind of exploding ultralisk from a tank shot. The impact on one ultra was cool, but it would be awesome to see flying kaiser blades left and right

I also feel the terran arsenal was lacking, especially considering the introduction of several new units. All we really saw was siege tanks, marines and vikings. Would love to see some helions.

The viking landing was very good.
    Also, no Thor. =/ I could just see one walking up in badass mode, then switching to use the launchers on his back, that could be really an epic scene as well.
    "A flower.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I must admit, some of the guards had armor that really reminded me of the Imperial armor in Skyrim... so... yes, I could make a guess that it was Elder Scrolls.
    And the Breton armor looked very much like Ebony armor from Oblivion, which makes sense since they are part of the eehhh... Ebonheart something something.

Really surprised SC2 is winning this ... the only interesting part of this HotS trailer is how she wakes up. Rest are generic blabla scenes you could see in SC2 before. They don't even show any of the new units. The other HotS trailer where she is throwing marines around while trying to escape is way more interesting imho.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

The only real part that I thought was elder scrolls like (or skyrim to be specific) was the Nord and the armor he was wearing. Otherwise it didn't really stand out as an elder scrolls game

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    To be perfectly fair, the SC2 trailer completely left out the Protoss race. :P
    Well, the SC2 trailer left out anything but a single Space Marine heh. And Kerrigan doesn't care too much about the Protoss, she just wants to rip Mengsk to pieces.... Well that and conquer the galaxy.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I disagree - since it's nice to have at least some piece of story related element in a video. Lore interested or not.
    well neither one of these trailers has that. the only recent cinematic I've seen with a story related element was the final fantasy XIV one

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, no Thor. =/ I could just see one walking up in badass mode, then switching to use the launchers on his back, that could be really an epic scene as well.
    Oh yes, this very much. And we didn't see any marauders either ><
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    And the Breton armor looked very much like Ebony armor from Oblivion, which makes sense since they are part of the eehhh... Ebonheart something something.
    Yeah, and yet someone posted an article in an earlier post, where some "TES know-all" was saying "the armor is wrong, x is wrong, y is wrong, everything is wrong omg."

Here: http://www.forbes.com/sites/carolpin...id-of-content/
    "A flower.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    The only real part that I thought was elder scrolls like (or skyrim to be specific) was the Nord and the armor he was wearing. Otherwise it didn't really stand out as an elder scrolls game
    I partly agree, though all the Imperials wearing Roman'esque armor like they did in Oblivion and Skyrim (and probably Morrowind, I don't really recall) kinda gives it away.

I think ESO's cinematic somehow reminds me of Dragon age 1's cinematic too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Really surprised SC2 is winning this ... the only interesting part of this HotS trailer is how she wakes up. Rest are generic blabla scenes you could see in SC2 before. They don't even show any of the new units. The other HotS trailer where she is throwing marines around while trying to escape is way more interesting imho.
    Wait, you're surprised that a Blizzard-made trailer on a mostly Blizzard/WoW fansite is winning over a trailer that isn't Blizzard-made? Come on now. :P
    "A flower.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    well neither one of these trailers has that. the only recent cinematic I've seen with a story related element was the final fantasy XIV one
    Wut? The sc2 had plenty, you saw Kerrigan dreaming, you saw her in her cleansed form, you saw her swarm crushing Terrans indicating that she wants revenge and to conquer.

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 05:49 PM ----------

Yeah, and yet someone posted an article in an earlier post, where some "TES know-all" was saying "the armor is wrong, x is wrong, y is wrong, everything is wrong omg."

Here: http://www.forbes.com/sites/carolpin...id-of-content/
    Yowza, angry poster is angry! Yeah some people are a bit special when it comes to that.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    There are several factors of why it's better, but the one most people will likely be sticking with is the quality. Blizzard is second to none except the guys who made the SWTOR cinematic (forgot their company, but they do a lot of quality work) when it comes to fidelity of CGI 'movies'. If they made a CGI movie it would make FF Advent Children look like a set of crayon drawings.

The ESO trailer was pretty crappy quality for this technology age.

Also, as much as we want to claim there was some great story being told in the ESO trailer there really wasn't. It was just mindless action that was supposed to seem epic. So even though both trailers share that primarily, what is happening in the SC trailer is actually a huge part of the story of the universe. The scale is much, much grander than ESO even touches on.

I wouldn't have even spent any time considering the matter except the bridge/assasin dagger throwing insanity. That was pretty awesome.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, you're surprised that a Blizzard-made trailer on a mostly Blizzard/WoW fansite is winning over a trailer that isn't Blizzard-made? Come on now. :P
    Except me and a few others there aren't very many sc2 people on this page. I joined here when I still played wow actively 2 years ago, then I quit but stayed for the community that some places gives me. There is no newsfeed about sc2 at all as far as I'm concerned, so your argument falls a bit flat here.

TES online is also an MMO, like WoW. It would be natural if people would be more interested in that than SC2, even though SC2 is blizzard made.

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 05:52 PM ----------

Also, for reference, TES online thread is already at 30+ pages while the SC2 one is at 23.

Wut? The sc2 had plenty, you saw Kerrigan dreaming, you saw her in her cleansed form, you saw her swarm crushing Terrans indicating that she wants revenge and to conquer.
    If you haven't played any of the SC games or follow the story at all, it means nothing. All it is a bunch of guns, some bugs, and some weird looking alien chick. Hell, it could be a trailer for Starship Troopers.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you haven't played any of the SC games or follow the story at all, it means nothing. All it is a bunch of guns, some bugs, and some weird looking alien chick. Hell, it could be a trailer for Starship Troopers.
    I disagree, it follows the story in a way because her primary goal is to defeat Mengsk.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    The ESO trailer was pretty crappy quality for this technology age.
    You have got to be kidding

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 09:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wasselina View Post
    I disagree, it follows the story in a way because her primary goal is to defeat Mengsk.
    who is mengsk?