Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Newsflash for eveyone the FDA doesnt do jack shit anymore. They USED to, but its been years since the FDA was run properly. BTW the appointed head of the FDA worked for Monsanto in the past, so all these GMO fruits and Veg and Meats have made there way into the food chain. Not to mention that the studies done on the GMO's were done by Monsanto and not a outside organization so we dont really know how the GMO food affects us. Monsanto knows but will they tell anyone, no. Why, because they have something to hide.

I cant tell you how many times the FDA approved something when they all they had was some study done by the same company rolling out the product. Of course they arent going to say ya my drug or food does this and this and this and causes this and this, they pretty much say it does this and its safe and its good.

The FDA needs better oversight and to do there own studies of foods/drugs instead of taking the companies for there word, cause ya all companies are soooo trustworthy these days.

Btw on the discussion of vaccines, my wifes cousin got a flu shot, the next day she was paralyzed and still is TO THIS DAY. She tried to sue and nothing came of it because the judge was in the pharmaceuticals back pocket.

I love this world =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure the flu shot did not case your wife's cousin to get paralyzed, and if it did, she was extremely unlucky, like "winning the lottery from hell" unlikely.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    The FDA is frequently criticized for being too strict but it seems like American kids dodged a bullet this time.

Should the FDA be more or less strict?
    The way it looks to me the reason the drug wasnt approved, the booster, is not the reason these kids are getting narcolepsy. The adjuvant is probably something I would prefer was not in any immunization I get because it looks like an uncontrolled mutation engine that can do a lot of damage. If theres a new strain or disease just make a new vaccine that is guaranteed to prevent it.

As far as FDA strictness, the FDA should test and approve drugs and food products efficiently and based on solid scientific data. You dont want to delay progress because of unnecessary tests but you also dont want a bunch of unproven dangerous drugs flying around. Im basically fine with whatever they do unless its a business decision.

Quote Originally Posted by killerlee View Post
    Newsflash for eveyone the FDA doesnt do jack shit anymore. They USED to, but its been years since the FDA was run properly. BTW the appointed head of the FDA worked for Monsanto in the past, so all these GMO fruits and Veg and Meats have made there way into the food chain. Not to mention that the studies done on the GMO's were done by Monsanto and not a outside organization so we dont really know how the GMO food affects us. Monsanto knows but will they tell anyone, no. Why, because they have something to hide.
    You know the other reason that GMOs are in the food supply? Because there's no evidence that they're harmful and tons of evidence that they're not.

The FDA needs better oversight and to do there own studies of foods/drugs instead of taking the companies for there word, cause ya all companies are soooo trustworthy these days.
    The FDA does do food and drug research.

Btw on the discussion of vaccines, my wifes cousin got a flu shot, the next day she was paralyzed and still is TO THIS DAY. She tried to sue and nothing came of it because the judge was in the pharmaceuticals back pocket.
    There's no correlation between flu vaccines and Guillain-Barre syndrome. This claim is similar to saying, "I know this guy that ate carrots and got paralyzed a week later. I tried to sue Big Carrot, but the judge was in Big Carrot's back pocket!".

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 08:13 PM ----------

By the way, the OP's news article (shockingly) seems to have gotten the actual science exactly fucking wrong. Here's the actual journal article: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23274350

This study found no evidence of an increase in risk of presentation to hospital with epileptic seizures after vaccination with a monovalent AS03 adjuvanted pandemic H1N1 influenza vaccine.