Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Some things in 10 man was bis for 25 man raiding.
    There was that, though I think it was mostly trinkets, off pieces if there weren't any in 25, and I think there was a weapon or two with good procs.
    Last edited by whathump; 2013-01-25 at 03:37 AM. Reason: bad quotes

With the introduction of this thunderforged items, people who are fully 'normal' ilvl gear would still find raiding on normal mode appealing as there is still potential upgrade for their gears.

This somewhat fixes the issue when some raiders not wanting to bring their main on raids since they are already fully geared and could prove to be helpful for raiders who are not able to progress to heroic but still looking for an upgrade.

Overall, not a bad idea....

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whathump View Post
    There was a 13 item level difference, basically the difference between normal and heroic.
    Now that I think about it, it varied per tier.

Naxx10: 200
    Naxx 25: 213
    KT Weapons: 213(10)/226(25)

Uld 10: 219
    Uld 25: 226
    Uld 10 HMs: 226-232
    ULD 25 HMs: 232-239

TOC 10: 232
    TOC 25/TOC 10H: 245
    TOC 25H: 258

ICC 10N: 251-258
    ICC 10H: 264-271
    ICC 25N: 264-271
    ICC 25H: 277-284

RS 10N: 258
    RS 10H: 271
    RS 25N: 271
    RS 25H: 284

So I guess Ulduar/TOC were the only ones with a 7 ilvl difference.

Also several 10M HM/Heroic pieces were BiS for 25 man.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    This thing? Forget about letting new people on farm bosses so they can gear up - they'll still be dropping "Thunderforged" upgrades your core players "need". Unless the drop rate is absurdly high in 25, one has miniscule chances of getting all loot from a single boss in a reasonable amount of time. If anything, it makes logistics even more annoying and rng based, instead of helping.
    Sometimes I feel like any time Blizzard fixes something that was "bad" the community suddenly decides the way it used to be was a "good" thing for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    I wanna see the brave master looter or even worse the loot council of 25s, when they ll have to decide

- Who will get the non Thunderforged item and at what cost at start, if all pass while it is an upgrade.
    - Who will get the Thunderforged item amongst 3 people where the one has the normal version of the item while the other 2 have gear from previous tier.
    - When the third tank or the 6th/7th healer will gear up off spec (that is VERY needed), for certain encounters that he has to dps, and on the other hand when the dps that is taking healing/tank duties in the absence of mains will get gear for that spec.

It is certainly raising the logistics around looting. And if for 10 man the items are 2 and the candidates few, it is still putting a burdain. Imagine how it will be for 25s with 6 items and more then 5-6 people eligible to receive each one of them.

So, amongst other things, it was proposed by the people, to work towards reducing the logistics involved into running a 25. Through this change devs are actually increasing them! Further more, they add another reason for guild drama.
    Great!

One idea with dubious results regarding helping 25s survive, and even worse new 25s to be created
    One idea that is actually filtered under the criterion "the change not to get considerate a slap in the face of the 10 people raiders", making it watered down and ineffective.

That idea is actually creating new issues that might cause guilds to fall appart or key members to go afk or /gquit!

Indeed it should be said that in patch 5.2 blizzard is potentially "thunderforging" 25 people raiders behinds after having them experiencing the fiery breath of deathwing at the very same body part for over 2 years!!!
    Last edited by mmoc4cbbce03d2; 2013-01-25 at 01:09 PM.

Deleted
    I think unique pets or mounts from 25man would create more incentive than a few extra ilvls