Page 41 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Paladins are warrior-priests. Anyone can pick up a sword and shield and fight, no matter what race they come from. However, not every race in WoW follows the light enough to harness its powers.

Heroes also show up in any race. If that hero dies, they can be resurrected as a Death Knight.
    I was just using your own arguments. You were saying that if something is a version of a warrior it makes sense for every race.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Hmm, choose between Rexxar and Illidan? Some might find that a tough call, based on their personal preference...

To me, personally? A hunter is the only toon I don't have. Just doesn't appeal to me. I would absolutely roll a demon hunter, because they operate in a totally different manner. I'd also choose a death knight over a warrior, a warlock over a mage, and a shaman over a priest, given those choices. Many people have made different choices. Speaking of death knights, not everyone tossed their warriors and paladins when DKs were introduced, so it follows that people aren't going to discard any original classes for newly added ones.

If you qualify your description of hunter and make it clear that they operate differently, you'd get much more accurate and honest responses - hunters can capture and train virtually any enemy creature in the game and allow you to use them in battle. The ranger/battle druid/sharpshooter/animist nature of the class might be more appealing to grim brood-ery and chaos magic wielding warriors.

I'm frankly surprised that anyone would be a priest when they could be a paladin, but the world would be boring if we were all alike. A person's choice might surprise you.
    Rexxar isn't a hunter, he's a beastmaster. It's a fury warrior with a pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    I agree with the OP... Given the look of the challenge mode armors for Warlocks I feel Demon Hunters will not exist as a full class. However, I do feel it is entirely possible for Dark Apotheosis (Glyph of Demon Hunting) to become a Warlock Tanking spec in it's own right. Granted a 4th spec may not work for every class but if they named the spec Demon Hunter with the passives: Demon Sight, Duel Wield, War Glaive proficiency and move the Metamorphosis abilities from Demonology you'd have a just about everything needed for a fully functional tank spec.

Just a thought
    Something similar to this. If DH is implemented, its going to be a warlock 4th spec. Meta and the likes will be moved to DH and something will replace them in Demo. This addresses many issues such as:

1. A melee cloth wearer.
    2. Increase in warlocks (2nd lowest in terms of popularity if I'm not mistaken.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post

Actually he is an Old School Hunter when you could build a melee hunter.

Deleted
    That's the problem of WC3 heroes versus WoW classes

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Actually he is an Old School Hunter when you could build a melee hunter.
    I don't remember a period in this game's history when a hunter could charge in and raptor strike things to death and have that considered by other people to be him making himself useful. Besides which, beastmasters have the whole "friend to all animals" theme going for them. Hunters...hunt animals.

Of course there's a hunter spec called Beast Mastery, but it doesn't make a hunter a beastmaster. Same as how a warlock having a demon hunter spec wouldn't make him a demon hunter, really.

Deleted
    I don't remember a period in this game's history when a hunter could charge in and raptor strike things to death and have that considered by other people to be him making himself useful. Besides which, beastmasters have the whole "friend to all animals" theme going for them. Hunters...hunt animals.

Of course there's a hunter spec called Beast Mastery, but it doesn't make a hunter a beastmaster. Same as how a warlock having a demon hunter spec wouldn't make him a demon hunter, really.
    There's a difference. Demon Hunters have a different backstory than Warlocks. Beastmaster Hunters are basically what you get when you try to make a spec out of the WC3 hero.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you qualify your description of hunter and make it clear that they operate differently, you'd get much more accurate and honest responses - hunters can capture and train virtually any enemy creature in the game and allow you to use them in battle. The ranger/battle druid/sharpshooter/animist nature of the class might be more appealing to grim brood-ery and chaos magic wielding warriors.
    I'm aware of the differences between the classes. The problem is that the similarities would be too apparent, and cause several problems. Mostly it would cause most to view Hunters as a weaker version of Demon Hunter, whether its true or not.

Granted this is a small problem, but it is a problem. Imagine if you could pick an Arch Druid or a Druid. Why would the average player ever choose the Druid? Also if the Druid was more powerful, Arch Druids would wonder why and be upset about it.

I'm frankly surprised that anyone would be a priest when they could be a paladin, but the world would be boring if we were all alike. A person's choice might surprise you.
    Well first off the words Priests and Paladin aren't similar, so people don't automatically compare the two classes, despite their similarities. If a Paladin was called a "Battle Priest", there would be a problem.

Deleted
    I'm aware of the differences between the classes. The problem is that the similarities would be too apparent, and cause several problems. Mostly it would cause most to view Hunters as a weaker version of Demon Hunter, whether its true or not.

Granted this is a small problem, but it is a problem. Imagine if you could pick an Arch Druid or a Druid. Why would the average player ever choose the Druid? Also if the Druid was more powerful, Arch Druids would wonder why and be upset about it.

Well first off the words Priests and Paladin aren't similar, so people don't automatically compare the two classes, despite their similarities. If a Paladin was called a "Battle Priest", there would be a problem.
    What similarites would be apparent? There are none.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    What similarites would be apparent? There are none.
    Both are "Hunters", both wear mail armor, both use long ranged weapons, both are agility based, etc.

Deleted
    Even if there was someone who'd look at the name and think "hmm, Hunter and Demon Hunter... Demon Hunter is probably a more powerful version of the Hunter", and even if the Demon Hunter starts at Level 1, which I don't think it will, and they can just play it right from the beginning, they will come into contact with other Hunters. And find out that the Demon Hunter is someone who uses demon powers, transforms into a demon, fights with glaives and demon magic and the Hunter is a class that fights with a bow, gun, or crossbow and tames wild animals. At some point, they will notice the difference. You are making it an issue, even though it is not. It is a stupid reason for not adding a class to the game.

---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 07:57 AM ----------

Both are "Hunters", both wear mail armor, both use long ranged weapons, both are agility based, etc.
    Demon Hunters don't use ranged weapons. Demon Hunters are only "hunters" in the sense that they kill demons. That will probably not play into how their class works. They will not go around and tame demons, like the Hunter tames wild animals. Whether they will wear mail armor is debatable. Right now they seem to wear cloth.
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2013-01-26 at 06:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Granted this is a small problem, but it is a problem.
    I am of the opinion that the weight of the name Demon Hunter and what it represents in the Warcraft franchise outweigh any potential problems that might arise from it having the word 'hunter' in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Demon Hunters don't use ranged weapons. Demon Hunters are only "hunters" in the sense that they kill demons.
    This particular exchange arose out of the idea that demon hunters could use bows and crossbows in some kind of class-critical (or semi-critical) manner, as opposed to just some stat boosting item (like how rogues used to use them).

Honestly, I'm not married to that particular element myself, though I think you could combine Dark Ranger and Warden abilities with them to some interesting effect.
    Last edited by Golden Yak; 2013-01-26 at 07:12 AM.

Deleted
    This particular exchange arose out of the idea that demon hunters could use bows and crossbows in some kind of class-critical (or semi-critical) manner, as opposed to just some stat boosting item (like how rogues used to use them).

Honestly, I'm not married to that particular element myself, though I think you could combine Dark Ranger and Warden abilities with them to some interesting effect.
    You could, but right now it's not part of their lore. And I think it's better to not tap into that, because it might make it look a bit like the DH from Diablo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, I really just want to have an excuse to give some class the Warden's Vengeance spell.

the only thing that demon hunters have in common with hunters in wow is just the name from the rts till now the demon hunter has been described and show as light/medium armored melee warrior that enhance it's ability with demonic power. You confuse it with the demon hunter class from D3 that it's really different from the wow one.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    the only thing that demon hunters have in common with hunters in wow is just the name from the rts till now the demon hunter has been described and show as light/medium armored melee warrior that enhance it's ability with demonic power. You confuse it with the demon hunter class from D3 that it's really different from the wow one.
    And I'm not quite sure if he does that deliberately or if he really doesn't know.

IN LORE some demon hunters ALREADY use mail. so making them mail DOES NOT break lore.

IN LORE almost no demon hunters can use meta except the strongest, illidan couldnt even do it until he drank the skull of gul'dan so if illidan the first asnd most powerful demon hunter couldnt use meta until 30 years ago do you really think demon hunters were running around doing that for 10k years? so either not giving them meta or making it work completely different from the warlock one WOULD NOT BREAK LORE.

i personally dont support a ranged demon hunter spec however if it did happen it would be great for balance issues with ranged weapons. the op is currently twisting the words of all the people in his other thread in order to troll you guys. the people in that thread didnt say a new RANGED class would disrupt the hunter in anyways they said AN ARCHER CLASS WHICH HE SUGGESTED WOULD JUST BE A HUNTER WITHOUT A PET. so a demon hunter ranged spec wouldnt be that so therefore it would be fine it would mosty likely play completely different and use totally different spells.

ALSO not everyone is 8 years old and thinks in terms of TEH RED ONES GO FASTA so the fact that they share the word hunter is fine. the vast majority of people that would get the two mixed up because of one word arent even smart enough to play wow and therefore wouldnt matter, also the average wow player doesnt go around switching mains because "that one sounds COOLA" yes a few do but most people try it out and unless they genuinely like the gameplay or their a hardcore and it does more dps they dont stick with it.

AlSO demon hunters DO NOT have to step on ANYONES toes in terms of abilities. this is the op trolling again. there have been tons of ideas for specs, spells, everything. most easily thought of in a couple minutes and all work fine and would fit in with the demon hunter toolkit wihout taking a spell from anyone. also blizzard has made two classes at this point they can turn the brewmaster into a whole class now BEFORE the op starts trolling again saying "theres monks in other medias and rpgs blah blah blah" well guess what theres samurai in other media to since demon hunters are based off samurai they also have many non wow sources to draw inspiration from. not to mention since demon hunters draw energy from demons theres the entire lineup of burning legion species they could draw inspiration from for abilities and mechanics. theres nathrezim, annihilan, succubi, imps, fel beasts, mo'arg and gon'arg, eredar, ect ect there are PLENTY of places to draw inspiration from

ALSO the gear thing. demon hunters do have a bit of a exclusive look but only in the terms that they generally use blades thats it. not all demon hunters are barechested as seen here

also demon hunter tier could be very interesting as seen in this concept art BY BLIZZARD

ALSO this? is not a problem

why? because all classes look like shit leveling up and theres a little thing called transmog. and unless you imply that the gear they'll leave their special starting zone would look like that or that their tier gear would look like that than you my friend are all kinds of stupid. which means unless a player intentionally transmogs themselves to look like that no demon hunter will. you also cant say that noobs wouldnt know about transmog because its on the loading screen tips so theyd likely find out.

ALSO the race problem THERE IS NO RACE PROBLEM. why? because LORE WISE, ANY race ca be a demon hunter in fact the ONLY thing required is that another demon hunter teach you. i repeat ANY RACE CAN BE A DEMON HUNTER IF THEY WISH.

ALSO the social outcast thing. just like death knights alls that is needed for them to be accepted is for someone to say "HAY WE NEEDS THEMS GUISE!" what would be the easiest way for a society to accept those who specialize in demon slaying? OH THATS RIGHT A DEMON INVASION!.

BOOM i win this thread again. bow down to the pandamonium! @_@

---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 06:12 AM ----------

ALSO AGAIN! demon hunters have been considered not ONCE but TWICE for an expansion. once for vanilla/bc but at the time blizzard said they didnt know how to implement it and TWICE AGAIN for wrath. during wrath development DEMON HUNTER AND DEATH KNIGHTS were there top two choices. however obviously death knights fit more in a scourge expansion.

ALSO they are THE MOST POPULAR CLASS OF ALL TIME. therefore people still want them its obvious blizzard does.

ALSO THEIR ARE STRONG HINTS THAT DEMON HUNTERS AND THE BURNING LEGION WILL PLAY A BIG ROLE EITHER IN THE NEXT EXPANSION OR THE ONE FOLLOWING IT.

ALSO. blizzard has pretty much CONFIRMED that illidan is coming back at somepoint in someway.

so again the most likely class to be added in next is demon hunter. i win this thread BOOYAKASHA @_@
    Last edited by Immitis; 2013-01-26 at 11:12 AM.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    IN LORE some demon hunters ALREADY use mail. so making them mail DOES NOT break lore.

IN LORE almost no demon hunters can use meta except the strongest, illidan couldnt even do it until he drank the skull of gul'dan so if illidan the first asnd most powerful demon hunter couldnt use meta until 30 years ago do you really think demon hunters were running around doing that for 10k years? so either not giving them meta or making it work completely different from the warlock one WOULD NOT BREAK LORE.

i personally dont support a ranged demon hunter spec however if it did happen it would be great for balance issues with ranged weapons. the op is currently twisting the words of all the people in his other thread in order to troll you guys. the people in that thread didnt say a new RANGED class would disrupt the hunter in anyways they said AN ARCHER CLASS WHICH HE SUGGESTED WOULD JUST BE A HUNTER WITHOUT A PET. so a demon hunter ranged spec wouldnt be that so therefore it would be fine it would mosty likely play completely different and use totally different spells.

ALSO not everyone is 8 years old and thinks in terms of TEH RED ONES GO FASTA so the fact that they share the word hunter is fine. the vast majority of people that would get the two mixed up because of one word arent even smart enough to play wow and therefore wouldnt matter, also the average wow player doesnt go around switching mains because "that one sounds COOLA" yes a few do but most people try it out and unless they genuinely like the gameplay or their a hardcore and it does more dps they dont stick with it.

AlSO demon hunters DO NOT have to step on ANYONES toes in terms of abilities. this is the op trolling again. there have been tons of ideas for specs, spells, everything. most easily thought of in a couple minutes and all work fine and would fit in with the demon hunter toolkit wihout taking a spell from anyone. also blizzard has made two classes at this point they can turn the brewmaster into a whole class now BEFORE the op starts trolling again saying "theres monks in other medias and rpgs blah blah blah" well guess what theres samurai in other media to since demon hunters are based off samurai they also have many non wow sources to draw inspiration from. not to mention since demon hunters draw energy from demons theres the entire lineup of burning legion species they could draw inspiration from for abilities and mechanics. theres nathrezim, annihilan, succubi, imps, fel beasts, mo'arg and gon'arg, eredar, ect ect there are PLENTY of places to draw inspiration from

ALSO the gear thing. demon hunters do have a bit of a exclusive look but only in the terms that they generally use blades thats it. not all demon hunters are barechested as seen here

also demon hunter tier could be very interesting as seen in this concept art BY BLIZZARD

ALSO this? is not a problem

why? because all classes look like shit leveling up and theres a little thing called transmog. and unless you imply that the gear they'll leave their special starting zone would look like that or that their tier gear would look like that than you my friend are all kinds of stupid. which means unless a player intentionally transmogs themselves to look like that no demon hunter will. you also cant say that noobs wouldnt know about transmog because its on the loading screen tips so theyd likely find out.

ALSO the race problem THERE IS NO RACE PROBLEM. why? because LORE WISE, ANY race ca be a demon hunter in fact the ONLY thing required is that another demon hunter teach you. i repeat ANY RACE CAN BE A DEMON HUNTER IF THEY WISH.

ALSO the social outcast thing. just like death knights alls that is needed for them to be accepted is for someone to say "HAY WE NEEDS THEMS GUISE!" what would be the easiest way for a society to accept those who specialize in demon slaying? OH THATS RIGHT A DEMON INVASION!.

BOOM i win this thread again. bow down to the pandamonium! @_@

You are right on maill issue but you are wrong on metamorphosis issue. There were no record of any DH in WotA. That means it's possible that there were no DH other than Illidan thus making the first and only DH at that time. "All' DHs are/were Illidan's disciple at some point in time. Illidan was the one who paved the way of DH so it's only natural that he wouldn't be able to use Meta until he learned it. After that he taught his followers the way of DH. That's why all DH we have seen in fight in WoW so far COULD turn into demon. I think if you play WoW you should have known already how many times we have seen metamorphosis already.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    You are right on maill issue but you are wrong on metamorphosis issue. There were no record of any DH in WotA. That means it's possible that there were no DH other than Illidan thus making the first and only DH at that time. "All' DHs are/were Illidan's disciple at some point in time. Illidan was the one who paved the way of DH so it's only natural that he wouldn't be able to use Meta until he learned it. After that he taught his followers the way of DH. That's why all DH we have seen in fight in WoW so far COULD turn into demon. I think if you play WoW you should have known already how many times we have seen metamorphosis already.
    go to darkshore and in the cave is the ghost of a demon hunter from the dark embrace that is thousands of years old. illidan was only freed about 30 years ago. which means there has been an order of demon hunters for atleast a couple thousand years.

now he does use meta however again hes thousands of years old and undead. he also had the teachings on how to become a demon hunter so its likely he was a higher up and a teacher. which means hes more powerful than your average demon hunter
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    I'm well aware of the differences. Some people were arguing that to fix the problem of the Demon Hunter's limited spec possibilities, you could incorporate the Demon Hunter from Diablo 3.

Seriously, there's only so much you can do with a melee, agi-based class that has Evasion, Mana Burn, Immolation (self), and Metamorphosis. And that's if 75% of those abilities weren't in other classes forcing severe overlap. One of the MANY problems with implementing this class into the game.