Page 43 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Udderpowered View Post
    If it was far earlier in development, why are they saying it in an interview 2 years after wrath came out and not mentioning DH at all? TBC was the demon expansion, releasing a DEMON hunter for an undead expansion would've been a massive lulwut, especially when there are at least 3 undead classes waiting to be used.
    because thats how interviews work? they also said in an interview not that long ago that outlands and the emerald dream were going to be in vanilla does that mean that it got scrapped at the last minute?

also yes thats the whole reason they didnt pick demon hunter. because even though they are adept at fighting undead death knight fit alot more and was almost as popular
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    because thats how interviews work? they also said in an interview not that long ago that outlands and the emerald dream were going to be in vanilla does that mean that it got scrapped at the last minute?
    They said that because it was presumably true, what they are not saying is that they ever considered DH at any point for wrath, which is my point, largely because it would make absolutely no sense at all. This was also the time at which warlocks were given their core ability, adding up to it being the point they stopped considering DH as a viable class to be added to the game anymore.

They said that because it was presumably true, what they are not saying is that they ever considered DH at any point for wrath, which is my point, largely because it would make absolutely no sense at all. This was also the time at which warlocks were given their core ability, adding up to it being the point they stopped considering DH as a viable class to be added to the game anymore.
    why would they re explain something they had already said at a blizzcon? by the time they were choosing between demon hunter and death knight they had already put traces of the runemaster and the necromancer into the death knight class.

and demon hunters never stopped being a viable class option. they are still the most wanted class to be added into the game, they still have a unique playstyle, they still have unique lore, and they still tie into an enemy that isnt over with yet, and the first demon hunter illidan is pretty much confirmed to be making a come back at some point in time.

meta doesnt need to be given to demon hunters.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

why would they re explain something they had already said at a blizzcon? by the time they were choosing between demon hunter and death knight they had already put traces of the runemaster and the necromancer into the death knight class.

and demon hunters never stopped being a viable class option. they are still the most wanted class to be added into the game, they still have a unique playstyle, they still have unique lore, and they still tie into an enemy that isnt over with yet, and the first demon hunter illidan is pretty much confirmed to be making a come back at some point in time.

meta doesnt need to be given to demon hunters.
    Find the source of them saying it at blizzcon, I can't find any, only Diablo 3 DH's.
    Most wanted =/= most likely. Nobody was begging for monk, yet here it is. Few were begging for worgen or goblin, yet here they are.
    Also, what unique playstyle do they have? Light armour with no stealth? Druid, Monk. Maybe can tank? Druid, monk. No pet? Druid, monk. Uses fel? Warlock.

They have NOTHING unique anymore, and that's why they aren't being mentioned. The only way they could be added is if they were completely redesigned to the point where they aren't WC3 demon hunters anymore.

Nobody was begging for monk, yet here it is. Few were begging for worgen or goblin, yet here they are.
    Also, what unique playstyle do they have? Light armour with no stealth?
    wrong brewmaster was the 3rd most requested class behind death knights since vanilla. the monk class is just an expanded brewmaster. worgen were a last minute choice originally they were just going to add goblin as a neutral race but wanted to give the alliance a "monstery" race also goblins have been one of the top five most requested races since vanilla.

demon hunters would feel like a cross between monks, rogues, and warlocks. they could be given a unique running animation and as someone else in another thread suggested they could fill in the niche for twitch based combat thats becoming more popular.

ill try to find a video or interview where they said demon hunter were the top two. if i find it ill post it here. one of the main drawbacks of diablo 3 is now you cant search for demon hunter without wadding through tons of stupid posts about d3

Deleted
    it seems i was wrong about that part. but still it would be impossible for them to become such a big part of the night elf society if they were only 30 years old. there wouldnt have been enough of them to be in warcraft 3. also their lore said that they helped in cleaning up the remains of the legion after the sundering which means demon hunters are atleast a couple thousand years old

---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 06:41 AM ----------

a bard isnt ranged and also wouldnt work as a class. it would work better as a profession since bards have always been support classes and blizzard got rid of those in vanilla.

also tinkers arent ranged either.
    Yes they are , and they would work perfectly as support / dps.

And yes they are , give em a gun/cannon plus turrets + enginer offensive skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post

And yes they are , give em a gun/cannon plus turrets + enginer offensive skills.
    no they arent... and again. support doesnt work in wow.

and no tinkers fight in mechs. as in giant fighting robots

http://www.wowblues.com/us/demon-hunter-2366733990.html

This is the only official mention I have found so far. It's from 2008.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    So which sounds more interesting to you? A hunter that hunts a wolf or a bear, or a hunter that hunts demons and monsters? Which class do you think the average WoW player is more likely to choose?
    The latest new one just because its new and awesome and a hero class. Where do you think the name Death Knoob came from?

The hunter class is generally quite popular because of the nature roots as well as the pet combo. DH wouldn't have pets... and would be much more sinister (like warlocks).

I never said that current Hunter players would switch. I'm talking about new players just entering the game. Not only will they see the name, they'll also notice that this type of hunter can also Tank or Heal while the standard Hunter just does DPS.
    You're assuming new players care about this. You're assuming new players even assume what DPS means. If this were so important, new players would never pick say a DK or a warrior over paladin. Since a paladin can perform all 3 tasks. Its a stupid argument because players are able to read the descriptions. The notion "demon" will drive people away, just like not everyone likes to play a "shady" class like a rogue, or the downright evil warlocks. Furthermore, as I said already, hunter is about traps and pets. A demon hunter or ranger type of class wouldn't be. And last, a demon hunter completely fits the burning legion theme whereas a tinker (???) doesn't.

Let's also not forget how much that would piss off current Hunter players who would feel shafted or threatened by this new class that appears more powerful, can do more roles
    Yeah, warriors and paladin also felt really threatened by death knights. If a cloth class would be introduced, all clothies would complain. If a leather class would be introduced, leather would complain. But the reality is that there's only 2 classes using mail, with all over classes 3. So you guess what armor the last spec will use? It won't become 4-3-2-3. It will become 3-3-3-3.

wears their armor
    Yeah, so we finally get fair 3-3-3-3. Ofc they don't like it (who would like to get nerfed) but there's also many who will be able to see the point of it. Its really a bad argument you're making, you're grasping at straws here.

AND use their weapons.
    Boohoo competition. Hunters have had it ridiculously easy in past with only warriors as competition (rogues use thrown) and even then warriors used str on their weapons, hunters agi. Now hunters have no competition. They may not LIKE that competition but that's too bad; the competition makes sense!

Also didn't you say earlier, that hunter was the most popular class? I mean if they'd lose a lil bit of their popularity would that be a bad thing?

Deleted
    no they arent... and again. support doesnt work in wow.

and no tinkers fight in mechs. as in giant fighting robots

Touche'.

Touche'.
    did you not even read what i said? blizzard removed support class roles in vanilla/bc when they started trying to make all specs viable. also theres no lore about bards theres only two bards in the entire game... one is in a band... and the other one sings at a wedding... neither of them fight at all or show any hints of being able to use "music" to fight.

also tinkers are mech fighters. AS IN GIANT IRON MAN LIKE ROBOT SUITS.

seriously are you an idiot or just ignorant?

Keep it civil please.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2013-01-26 at 02:32 PM.

Deleted
    seriously are you an idiot or just ignorant?
    And this, sirs and ladies, is what happens when someone cant counter with arguments.

IT : dh wont be a class in wow for said reasons and .. we dont need another leather / mail melee dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    You're arguing game mechanics, not basic concepts. The point is that you've been saying they're too similar to Rogues and Warlocks. They aren't anything like Rogues because Blizzard hasn't designed playable Demon Hunters yet. They could play similarly to a Fury Warrior using 'Hatred' as a resource. You can't dispute speculation.

Paladins part of the Horde, Druids being any other race than Night Elves and Death Knights being part of any faction other than the Scourge are all deviations from Warcraft 3. I'm not talking factional only either, but being faction-exclusive explains a lot of their history.

Paladins use the Holy Light. Blood Knights and Sunwalkers are Paladins, despite the fact they don't use the Holy Light. Demon Hunters ritually blind themselves. You can also have Demon Hunters that don't blind themselves.
    Why can't I shackle people playing the undead race

Either way, there's of talk about lore. Lore was butchered before during introduction of death knight. And it will be butchered again.

Even the old testament got butchered at one point, just to make the new testament more compatible with the rest of the world ie. Council of Nicea.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    They look cool. They have awesome looking weapons and attitudes. They're among the most popular classes in WoW. However, you're probably never going to see them appear in the game as a playable class. That's not to say that it's impossible, just HIGHLY unlikely. If Blizzard announces the Demon Hunter class at the next Blizzcon, I'll happily eat crow, and prepare to roll one late next year when the next expansion releases. However, until that unlikely event occurs, here's the 5 reasons you'll more than likely never see a Demon Hunter as a playable class in WoW.

1.The Abilities

Probably the biggest thing hampering the introduction of a Demon Hunter class is that its primary abilities have been farmed out to other classes. Rogues have Evasion, Priests had Mana Burn, and Warlocks have Immolation Aura, and Metamorphosis. Now keep this in mind, when Blizzard introduced the Monk class, they took the entire Brewmaster ability set and applied it to the new class. The same thing occurred when Blizzard introduced Death Knights in WotLK. This wouldn't be a problem if the Warlock and Rogue abilities weren't exactly like Demon Hunter abilities, but they are. Metamorphosis is exactly how you would picture the WC3 spell in WoW. Demonology locks even transform into Demons the way DHs would if they were in WoW.

I really can't stress how important this point is. There's no way Blizzard is going to introduce the exact same mechanic for 2 classes. Also if they did, what would they give the DH that would be different from the Warlock? The Warlock has every conceivable ability that could exist from Metamorphosis. There's nothing more that can be created or taken from that ability to make it different for the DH. Now Blizzard could make DHs without Meta, but what would be the point? Meta was what made DHs amazing in the first place.

BTW, I personally feel that Blizzard made a colossal misstep by giving Warlocks Metamorphosis and DA. I would have preferred a DH class utilizing those abilities. Now thanks to that move, we're more than likely never going to see DHs in this game. Nice move fellas...

2.Gameplay

Another issue is how DH gameplay would work over three specs. DHs have a pretty uniform style of play. Its so uniform that going outside of that means that you're not really playing a DH anymore. Death Knights also had this issue. To compensate, Blizzard took abilities and concepts from every undead hero and fused them into the DK class. Blood came largely from the Dreadlord, Frost came from the Lich, and obviously UH came from the Death Knight. It all made sense because the Undead/Scourge all came from the same general source of power, so it was conceivable that the Death Knight could legitimately pull from all of those sources and make a varied style of gameplay.

But what about Demon Hunters? I mean yeah, you have the WC3 hero with its four abilities (which are already used by other classes), but what else can you do with it? The Night Elf heroes and units don't really go well with the Demon Hunter concept, and most of those abilities are taken by other classes. How are you going to take that narrow style of gameplay and split it into three distinct specs without significant overlap? Worse, how are you going to avoid making it feel like a do-over of Rogues?

3. Class Balance

Though not as major as the first two, this is another problem with bringing DHs into WoW. DKs and Monks fit relatively well with the game's structure. DKs took the third spot for plate, and Monks took up the third spot for leather. Monks even gave some competition with Druids for INT Leather. Both classes also came in as hybrids, giving the game new opportunities to tank or heal. Both also came in as melee classes. Thankfully both classes were hybrids so players could spec into either tanking or healing if a raid or group needed something besides DPS.

DHs present an interesting dilemma in that regard; They would be melee, and they would more than likely have to wear leather. Granted, they could wear mail, but that clashes strongly with the class' lore. Currently, Mail is the last armor type that doesn't have three classes going for it. Mail is semi-heavy armor. Demon Hunters don't wear heavy armor. In fact, Demon Hunters barely wear any armor at all. At best they would wear leather or cloth. Anyone willing to believe that we're getting yet another leather wearing, agility-based, melee class? Didn't think so.

4.The Illidan problem

Let's be honest; People want to play Demon Hunters so that they can look like Illidan Stormrage. He's probably the coolest and most iconic character in Warcraft. People want to run around with those wings, blindfolds, and Warglaives. People want those runes over their body, and they want to wreck stuff the way he wrecks stuff. So how would this work in-game? Probably not too well. If you introduce Demon Hunters, you're going to see a surge of Night Elf male characters popping up all over the place. None of them are going to want to use regular swords or staffs, or whatever else DHs could potentially use. They would all want the Blades of Azzinoth on their backs, and anyone without those blades would be considered a noob. Would they want to wear helmets, shoulders, cloaks, and chest gear? Nope. They'd run around shirtless just like Illidan. They'll never want to raid because they couldn't look like Illidan while their raiding. You think Blizzard is going to create an entire item system just for DHs? I mean, they could, but I seriously doubt it.

It'll be an utter and complete disaster.

5.Better class options available

Despite their insane popularity, DHs aren't the best class options for the game. Several classes would be a better fit for modern WoW, and offer more to the playerbase, and overall class balance. Tinkers, Spellbreakers, and Rangers are just a few examples. Obviously though, none of those classes have the same appeal as Demon Hunters do.

Conclusion: Given the reasons above, I think its highly unlikely that we'll see a Demon Hunter class in WoW. Again, I'll happily eat crow if I'm wrong, since Demon Hunters are one of my favorite heroes from WC3. In the end, if you want to play a Demon Hunter in WoW, you probably should roll a Warlock.
    You should spend some quality time on the things that matter

And this, sirs and ladies, is what happens when someone cant counter with arguments.

IT : dh wont be a class in wow for said reasons and .. we dont need another leather / mail melee dps.
    yeah except i did counter your argument not once but twice and each time you just said "LOLS YES CANS" without saying yet i explained that both support roles had been removed and that the only bards in the game dont fight at all. i also explained that tinkers are mech fighters which means melee. they get inside their giant robot suits and punch people with super robot power and close up rockets

Deleted
    I don't agree with your points but I do hope that they never make it to the game. I cringe whenever I see a fantasy creature that is purposely blind, wearing nothing over their chest that is of course covered in ridiculous, inexplicable runes and wielding two curved, impractical blades. They exist everywhere and are endorsed by those that have explored a depth of fantasy that can only be described as shallow.

And yes, I recognise that Elves/Paladins/Mages/Magi/Arcanists/Wizards/Warlocks exist in almost every branch of fantasy and I must be a hypocrite for slating one popular occurrence but not others. But there's just something sickly about Demon-hunters.

Still, I wouldn't put it past Blizzard. As you've all rightly pointed out, the majority have wanted the DH class for a long, long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Demon hunters will never be a class. But I bet when they get around to 4th speccing out the non-druids out there.. demon hunter is gonna warlock tree number 4 - and it will be a tanking spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by the9tail View Post
    Demon hunters will never be a class. But I bet when they get around to 4th speccing out the non-druids out there.. demon hunter is gonna warlock tree number 4 - and it will be a tanking spec.
    Demon Hunter as a Warlock spec wouldn't work. A Warlock is not a Demon Hunter, and they would either make it a caster spec, introduce agility cloth or allow Warlocks to wear leather.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Demon Hunter as a Warlock spec wouldn't work. A Warlock is not a Demon Hunter, and they would either make it a caster spec, introduce agility cloth or allow Warlocks to wear leather.
    or convert int->AP instead of SP for that spec
    Or have their melee abilities scale off SP

Wow, that was an easy issue to solve
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    or convert int->AP instead of SP for that spec
    Or have their melee abilities scale off SP

Wow, that was an easy issue to solve
    Blizzard doesn't want to do this, or they would do it with the Paladin and other classes to get rid of int leather, mail and plate.