Page 54 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    This expansion had a new class allready, the next one probably won't. And considering the next expac is most probably a Burning legion themed, i don't thing we will have playable demon hunters. Their era is gone by now.

I just hope blizz focuses on other great stuff instead new classes, or even new races. Focus on the old (and newer) races and their stories.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DonQShot View Post
    lol this makes no sense at all Teriz... Why create something you don't want to be implemeted??? I think you just ran out of options m8...
    I wrote that Demon Hunter class concept because I enjoy the challenge of constructing classes that people feel don't fit into the game. I made another thread asking how a DH could be implemented, and no one could figure out how it would be implemented without adding that god-awful Diablo 3 class. So I took it upon myself to create a DH class that was as close to the WC3 version as possible.

Given the response to my DH class thread, I feel that I was largely successful. I'm proud of that concept, and I glad I wrote it up.

However, I still feel that the DH doesn't belong in the game, even if it is possible for the class to be implemented.

Implementing it will overall be a terrible idea, and look at the current state of Monks... The Monks are still by far the most underplayed class, it didn't take off like it did with the DK's at all. We have enough classes as it is anyway!
    EDIT: DH's could possibly be the fourth spec for Hunters.
    *Waiting for Artifact Knowledge work orders*

Quote Originally Posted by Winkleslob View Post
    Implementing it will overall be a terrible idea, and look at the current state of Monks... The Monks are still by far the most underplayed class, it didn't take off like it did with the DK's at all. We have enough classes as it is anyway!
    EDIT: DH's could possibly be the fourth spec for Hunters.
    Don't compare Monks to DH's.
    First: nobody was ever hyped about Monk-class character.
    Second: nobody likes it, besides a few % of the community.
    Third: Compare existing classes. Compare a DK with a Monk. Which one had more success?

Monk classs is much much less fun and appealing than a DK class, as an exmaple. DH will be as much popular as a DK, maybe even more popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    Don't compare Monks to DH's.
    First: nobody was ever hyped about Monk-class character.
    Second: nobody likes it, besides a few % of the community.
    Third: Compare existing classes. Compare a DK with a Monk. Which one had more success?

Monk classs is much much less fun and appealing than a DK class, as an exmaple. DH will be as much popular as a DK, maybe even more popular.
    I was pretty damn hyped up about the Monk class, and i love playing it. I like it way more than DK's. The main reasons why DK's got so popular was because it took awhile to level 1-60 at the time, DK's started at 55, + they have badass starting gear wich makes it alot more appealing, aswell as being an extremely OP class to begin with. Imo there's absolutely nothing about the DK's that are special to me, i think that mostly just their looks is what dragged ppl along with playing them.

The Demon Hunter won't be a class in WoW, ever. Why should it? We already have a Hunter, makes more sense to have it as a special Quest line for them to become it instead or something along those lines..

Quote Originally Posted by Winkleslob View Post
    The Demon Hunter won't be a class in WoW, ever. Why should it? We already have a Hunter, makes more sense to have it as a special Quest line for them to become it instead or something along those lines..
    Hunters have literally no similarity to Demon Hunters in the Warcraft universe outside of the name. This argument hurts my head.

As much as we all hated Death Knights for being a hero class, we in fact love them more (overall). The "OP as fuck" aspect of the hero class is what was ridiculous. Outside of that everyone loved it.

Monks are not a hero class and are overall the shallowest class in the game by a pretty massive margin. They wanted a class that punched and then added a bunch of random other crap to attempt to make it viable. Hero classes (i.e. heroes from WC III) have defining features which in and of itself will attract a lot of playerbase to them.

I'd argue that if Blizzard were to add another hero class it would easily and quickly surpass Monks in class representation even if it wasn't made to be overpowered as heck.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-04-14 at 05:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Hunters have literally no similarity to Demon Hunters in the Warcraft universe outside of the name. This argument hurts my head.
    Well both has ''Hunter'' in their names. I'm no Lore guy, haha.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    here's the 5 reasons you'll more than likely never see a Demon Hunter as a playable class in WoW.
    They could easily make a Demon Hunter without metamorphosis. As long as the feel of the class is the same there is no problem. Just give characters who play a demon hunter special horns just like Death Knights have different skins than normal characters. Or they can rename the Warlock ability and change the appearances slightly.

Remember that both Warlock and Death Knight had Deathcoil? Yeah, they renamed the Warlock ability to Mortal Coil when they revamped talents. Problem solved.

Bottom line is, if there is a demand for the class Blizzard will find a way. Maybe they have to switch some things around but it's not impossible.

---------- Post added 2013-04-14 at 05:52 PM ----------

I stand by the original 5 reasons in the OP. I just don't see why Blizzard would muddy the waters by introducing another melee agility class into the game. We have far too many as is, and frankly as cool as the Demon Hunter would be to play as, the march towards too many classes feeling the same would become very apparent once the luster wears off.

I created my version of how a Demon Hunter class would be implemented. However, I would prefer them not be implemented. If a new class is to come on the scene, make it the Tinker class; A class that is not only unique, but also fills the holes that currently exist in class balance and structure.
    Well, Death Knights and Monks aren't totally unique either. They play very much like other classes.
    Death Knight being a cross between Warrior and Warlock, and a Monk is kinda like a Rogue and Shaman.

They look cool. They have awesome looking weapons and attitudes. They're among the most popular classes in WoW. However, you're probably never going to see them appear in the game as a playable class. That's not to say that it's impossible, just HIGHLY unlikely. If Blizzard announces the Demon Hunter class at the next Blizzcon, I'll happily eat crow, and prepare to roll one late next year when the next expansion releases. However, until that unlikely event occurs, here's the 5 reasons you'll more than likely never see a Demon Hunter as a playable class in WoW.

1.The Abilities

Probably the biggest thing hampering the introduction of a Demon Hunter class is that its primary abilities have been farmed out to other classes. Rogues have Evasion, Priests had Mana Burn, and Warlocks have Immolation Aura, and Metamorphosis. Now keep this in mind, when Blizzard introduced the Monk class, they took the entire Brewmaster ability set and applied it to the new class. The same thing occurred when Blizzard introduced Death Knights in WotLK. This wouldn't be a problem if the Warlock and Rogue abilities weren't exactly like Demon Hunter abilities, but they are. Metamorphosis is exactly how you would picture the WC3 spell in WoW. Demonology locks even transform into Demons the way DHs would if they were in WoW.

I really can't stress how important this point is. There's no way Blizzard is going to introduce the exact same mechanic for 2 classes. Also if they did, what would they give the DH that would be different from the Warlock? The Warlock has every conceivable ability that could exist from Metamorphosis. There's nothing more that can be created or taken from that ability to make it different for the DH. Now Blizzard could make DHs without Meta, but what would be the point? Meta was what made DHs amazing in the first place.

BTW, I personally feel that Blizzard made a colossal misstep by giving Warlocks Metamorphosis and DA. I would have preferred a DH class utilizing those abilities. Now thanks to that move, we're more than likely never going to see DHs in this game. Nice move fellas...

2.Gameplay

Another issue is how DH gameplay would work over three specs. DHs have a pretty uniform style of play. Its so uniform that going outside of that means that you're not really playing a DH anymore. Death Knights also had this issue. To compensate, Blizzard took abilities and concepts from every undead hero and fused them into the DK class. Blood came largely from the Dreadlord, Frost came from the Lich, and obviously UH came from the Death Knight. It all made sense because the Undead/Scourge all came from the same general source of power, so it was conceivable that the Death Knight could legitimately pull from all of those sources and make a varied style of gameplay.

But what about Demon Hunters? I mean yeah, you have the WC3 hero with its four abilities (which are already used by other classes), but what else can you do with it? The Night Elf heroes and units don't really go well with the Demon Hunter concept, and most of those abilities are taken by other classes. How are you going to take that narrow style of gameplay and split it into three distinct specs without significant overlap? Worse, how are you going to avoid making it feel like a do-over of Rogues?

3. Class Balance

Though not as major as the first two, this is another problem with bringing DHs into WoW. DKs and Monks fit relatively well with the game's structure. DKs took the third spot for plate, and Monks took up the third spot for leather. Monks even gave some competition with Druids for INT Leather. Both classes also came in as hybrids, giving the game new opportunities to tank or heal. Both also came in as melee classes. Thankfully both classes were hybrids so players could spec into either tanking or healing if a raid or group needed something besides DPS.

DHs present an interesting dilemma in that regard; They would be melee, and they would more than likely have to wear leather. Granted, they could wear mail, but that clashes strongly with the class' lore. Currently, Mail is the last armor type that doesn't have three classes going for it. Mail is semi-heavy armor. Demon Hunters don't wear heavy armor. In fact, Demon Hunters barely wear any armor at all. At best they would wear leather or cloth. Anyone willing to believe that we're getting yet another leather wearing, agility-based, melee class? Didn't think so.

4.The Illidan problem

Let's be honest; People want to play Demon Hunters so that they can look like Illidan Stormrage. He's probably the coolest and most iconic character in Warcraft. People want to run around with those wings, blindfolds, and Warglaives. People want those runes over their body, and they want to wreck stuff the way he wrecks stuff. So how would this work in-game? Probably not too well. If you introduce Demon Hunters, you're going to see a surge of Night Elf male characters popping up all over the place. None of them are going to want to use regular swords or staffs, or whatever else DHs could potentially use. They would all want the Blades of Azzinoth on their backs, and anyone without those blades would be considered a noob. Would they want to wear helmets, shoulders, cloaks, and chest gear? Nope. They'd run around shirtless just like Illidan. They'll never want to raid because they couldn't look like Illidan while their raiding. You think Blizzard is going to create an entire item system just for DHs? I mean, they could, but I seriously doubt it.

It'll be an utter and complete disaster.

5.Better class options available

Despite their insane popularity, DHs aren't the best class options for the game. Several classes would be a better fit for modern WoW, and offer more to the playerbase, and overall class balance. Tinkers, Spellbreakers, and Rangers are just a few examples. Obviously though, none of those classes have the same appeal as Demon Hunters do.

Conclusion: Given the reasons above, I think its highly unlikely that we'll see a Demon Hunter class in WoW. Again, I'll happily eat crow if I'm wrong, since Demon Hunters are one of my favorite heroes from WC3. In the end, if you want to play a Demon Hunter in WoW, you probably should roll a Warlock.
    I can agre with 1 and 2
    but 3/4/5 are NO PROBLEM AT ALL!!!

during bc and WOTLK beta, I had idea of DH class
    when I heard about Hero Class
    Demon Hunters really could become a new Hero Class
    starting BT or something like that, like Scarlet Enclave

after that, lore has changed a lot

first of all
    do you remember Death Knights?
    when saying that demon hunters woudl run around naked, haven't you ever seen dual-wielding DKs or DK with axe?
    did all DKs use swords to be alike Arthas? off course no, so that opinion, #4 is extremaly weak

class balance

if remember WC3 well, shamans do not use any mail, mace, axe, etc
    only leather/cloth +feasts
    only shaman wielding PLATE (not mail, but plate) is Thrall, and he is using 2 hadn mace
    but Thrall was also a warrior, Gladiator

same for warlocks. It feels, warlocks might be using leather armor too
    and how the hell do Hunters use thier mail gear?
    they must bi in wilds, not using mail, but simple elather
    all their chains can scare all beasts around them
    or theier shoulders
    they use HUGEST shoudlers, bigger even ther warriro or pallys ets
    how can they use guns/bows like that?

so that too isnot a problem
    Demon Hunter can use Mail, and there will be no Illidan complex

and about other class ideas

when I made concept for Demon Hunter (I can't paint, I mean verbal concept )
    Spell breaker was a Demon Hunter spec, not a different Class
    imagine, both are anti-magic, anti-demon classes
    kinda similliar

Demon Hunter could have a Tanking spec, called Spell-breaker

nowadays, I think, that Demon Hunter can simply become addition to Warlock demonology spec
    like druids have feral dps feral tank specs
    so DH can become warlock tanking spec

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    They could easily make a Demon Hunter without metamorphosis. As long as the feel of the class is the same there is no problem. Just give characters who play a demon hunter special horns just like Death Knights have different skins than normal characters. Or they can rename the Warlock ability and change the appearances slightly.
    Actually they couldn't. Metamorphosis is an iconic Demon Hunter ability. If you're not going to give the DH Metamorphosis, they shouldn't even bother.

Yeah, its that important.

In my DH thread, I discussed how the DH version of Meta could be different. So there is a way to implement it without any skill collision.

Remember that both Warlock and Death Knight had Deathcoil? Yeah, they renamed the Warlock ability to Mortal Coil when they revamped talents. Problem solved.[/quote]

The warlock version of Death Coil was nothing like the DK version of Death Coil from WC3.

Bottom line is, if there is a demand for the class Blizzard will find a way. Maybe they have to switch some things around but it's not impossible.
    I never said it was impossible. Just highly unlikely.

Well, Death Knights and Monks aren't totally unique either. They play very much like other classes.
    Death Knight being a cross between Warrior and Warlock, and a Monk is kinda like a Rogue and Shaman.
    I disagree. Both classes are pretty unique in their own right, and distinguish themselves from other classes fairly well.

The problem with DHs in this stage of WoW is that they would be an agility-based melee class, and an extremely popular one at that. Their implementation would crowd out similar classes to the extent that Rogues, Monks, Enh Shaman, DKs, and Warriors would be adversely effected by their presence. I mean, why would you play a Combat Rogue or an Enhancement Shaman when you could play a bada$$ DH? If Blizzard gave this class the ability to tank it would be even worse.

In short, its popularity could be a detriment to the game.

Blizzard will do everything if one concept will prove itself worthy. Methamorphosis? They can freely take it away from Warlock and give it to DH. They can take stuff from other classes and give them something in instead. Most of the warlock players are DH/Daemon lovers so they will easily migrate or at least try a DH. Nothing is impossible :P

Deleted
    Actually they couldn't. Metamorphosis is an iconic Demon Hunter ability. If you're not going to give the DH Metamorphosis, they shouldn't even bother.

In my DH thread, I discussed how the DH version of Meta could be different. So there is a way to implement it without any skill collision.
    only you didn't change nothing at all. Your version of metamorph is the exact same as that of the lock =P. Just saying.

I disagree. Both classes are pretty unique in their own right, and distinguish themselves from other classes fairly well.
    I would argue that the only real difference that can be made between classes in wow is their roles. everything else that makes a class is just flavour.

The problem with DHs in this stage of WoW is that they would be an agility-based melee class, and an extremely popular one at that. Their implementation would crowd out similar classes to the extent that Rogues, Monks, Enh Shaman, DKs, and Warriors would be adversely effected by their presence. I mean, why would you play a Combat Rogue or an Enhancement Shaman when you could play a bada$$ DH? If Blizzard gave this class the ability to tank it would be even worse.
    sorry teriz but I'm gonna have to consider this the worst argument ever presented in the case against demon hunters... you are setting out from an assumption that only you are making and theorizing based on that with no real information to back that up. Why and how would demon hunters be superior than other classes in any way or form? that's just you saying that because demon hunters look badass, people will be attracted to them as if the other classes were dumb dumbs. people have their own personal tastes u know?
    Last edited by mmoc4874008d12; 2013-04-14 at 06:58 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    yh I may have made a mistake about the CD but still this has no meaning because I do play a demo lock since vailla all the way to mop. So, my point still remains, metamorph is not as iconic as it is to demon hunters and certainly can be swapped with another more suitable ability. The same process to achieve demon form but with a different result. Get rid of the melee demon form and use it where it can be less of a hassle, like a warlock tank spec.
    It is iconic for warlocks because Blizzard has made it that way. It was the top tier talent when it was first introduced in Wotlk. Blizzard then redesigned the entire Demonology specialization around the ability. It can't be switched for another ability because that would require them to redesign the class to account for not having metamorphosis as a core ability for Warlocks. At this point removing Metamorphosis and giving it to a new class would the same thing as removing druid bear or cat form and giving it to another class.

There is no longer a melee demon form, which again points to your lack of knowledge of the current state of Metamorphosis and Demonology warlocks. All the history of playing the class means zero if you don't confirm that history with working knowledge of the abilities and mechanics of that class.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

1.The Abilities

Give them another dodge ability, mana burning isn't really a thing anymore, a new fiery aura ability. Sure Meta might be a little bit of a bother, but surely they can come up with something to make it different from Demonology's Meta. And rest of the abilities they'd figure out if they wanted it to happen.

2.Gameplay

And just cuz we've only seen the glaive wielding demon hunter all of them have to be like that? Let the demon hunters branch out! Let some be sneaky and slice up the enemy, others can sit in the shadow and shoot dark magic with their arrows and heck, maybe some demon hunters like to fight demons with demon magic (Warlock, WAH! Shut it, they can make it happen if they wanted to!)

3. Class Balance

Just cuz Mail is missing a class clearly we must have a mail user. And so what if we get another AGI-user... Heck! What if somehow they made a demon magic wielding hunter... Use INT as their primary stat! Could work if they made it so.

4.The Illidan problem

And the DK's wanted to be Arthas and the monks wanted to be Chen, big deal. Happens all the time and a bunch will be reasonable and just enjoy it and make their own character, not a copy of a famous character.

5.Better class options available

And I'd love to see them all! Would be awesome with all these different classes! Can only hope some will happen in the future and I wouldn't mind Demon Hunter to be among them.

Conclusion: Their game, their lore, they can make it work if they want to bring us a Demon Hunter, or Tinker, or Spellbreaker, or whatever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It is iconic for warlocks because Blizzard has made it that way. It was the top tier talent when it was first introduced in Wotlk. Blizzard then redesigned the entire Demonology specialization around the ability. It can't be switched for another ability because that would require them to redesign the class to account for not having metamorphosis as a core ability for Warlocks. At this point removing Metamorphosis and giving it to a new class would the same thing as removing druid bear or cat form and giving it to another class.
    If metamorph was removed from locks what's the worth that could happen?
    demo locks arent designed around metamorph as much as u want it to seem. you still depend more on your pets and spells than u depend on metamorph. meta is just a bad dps burster.

There is no longer a melee demon form, which again points to your lack of knowledge of the current state of Metamorphosis and Demonology warlocks. All the history of playing the class means zero if you don't confirm that history with working knowledge of the abilities and mechanics of that class.
    oh really? than ur telling me that when u go demon form u stay on the back of battle? I know very well that it has a ranged auto attack but just answer this simple question plz.

Deleted
    oh really? than ur telling me that when u go demon form u stay on the back of battle? I know very well that it has a ranged auto attack but just answer this simple question plz.
    Yes. The demon hunter in warcraft 3 turned into a ranged spell casting unit when in metamorphosis.

---------- Post added 2013-04-14 at 09:18 PM ----------

May have already said it in this thread but the best way to implement this class would be to add 4th specs and give metamorphosis to a 4th warlock spec, let demonology become a spec with the improved demons and give the new spec "demon hunter" glaives for meleeing. Could be a tank spec.

Why warlocks? Warlocks are mages which turned to darker magics to gain power. Illidan was a mage that took on demonic power. It fits.

Oh and also give Night Elves the chance to play them. I think this is the only realistic way to incorporate demon hunters into the game. Yes it will piss off players that like the current demonology spec and yes Blizz did just revamp it too but sacrifices need to be made in order to have this awesome class. Would also make warlocks more popular.

I don't think you can have them as a stand alone class. Two classes with demonic corruption? Two classes with metamorphosis? No thanks they would be too similar.
    Last edited by mmoc79cd15b503; 2013-04-14 at 08:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by masterjc View Post
    when I made concept for Demon Hunter (I can't paint, I mean verbal concept )
    Spell breaker was a Demon Hunter spec, not a different Class
    imagine, both are anti-magic, anti-demon classes
    kinda similliar
    Very good point. See? It's possible to make a Demon Hunter class without it being exactly like Illidan.

---------- Post added 2013-04-14 at 08:45 PM ----------

Maybe to you, but not to me.

Deleted
    We cant have demon hunters because WE ARE NOT PREPARED!!

Eve in ten years time we ARE NOT PREPARED!!!

/thread.

Seriously though all I can imagine for another class is some kind of Bard or perhaps a multiclass hybrid. Like the old D&D warrior mages, do forgive for not reading the other 50 odd pages, i need sleepies.

Well, demon hunters, as presented in WC3, won't work because all their iconic abilities already exist among other classes. As a new concept - it just doesn't sound fun. Tying an entire class to one very specific villain type is ... meh. Same goes for spellbreakers. Maybe you should start thinking outside of WC3 units box?
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Very good point. See? It's possible to make a Demon Hunter class without it being exactly like Illidan.[COLOR="red"]
    Lets just be honest Blizzard would never implement a demon hunter that was different from the WC3 version and hero class and if they did they would receive QQ to high heaven. It's fine in another ip like Diablo but they would be retarded to do it without glaives, metamorphosis and nightelves as a playable option.