Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Why are the bads the ones always complaining in BGs?

    Why is it when you are losing theres always one or two guys that thinks hes some BG god and belittles the rest of the team. Maybe if he was a 7x gladiator with a RBG rating of 2500+ he might have the right to talk shit. But its always the person last place in damage or healing, who hasnt done a single BG objective at all. Just had a nice winning streak going in Temple but we just lost a game by like 20 points so it wasnt like we got curb stomped or anything. This one hunter kept saying "OMG you guys suck L2play" the entire time. At the end of the match he had 10 victory points. Really 10 points I mean you have to try and suck that much. A bot could have contributed more. So why do the people who suck so bad they cant even play better than a bot think they have the right to bitch,complain, and blame everyone else if we are losing?

  2. #2
    There is two groups of people complaining in battlegrounds:

    1. People who actually need the honor. They are there for the honor, there is no other reason for them to play at that point. Their gear sucks, they can't really contribute and each loss especially of it had been avoidable is going to prolong the time they have to gimp through bg's. Also these people are usually bad.

    2. People who're completly overequipped for the battleground and are solely in a battleground to win. For these people there is no other reason to attend a battleground aside from winning it because they don't gain anything else out of it.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    There is two groups of people complaining in battlegrounds:

    1. People who actually need the honor. They are there for the honor, there is no other reason for them to play at that point. Their gear sucks, they can't really contribute and each loss especially of it had been avoidable is going to prolong the time they have to gimp through bg's. Also these people are usually bad.

    2. People who're completly overequipped for the battleground and are solely in a battleground to win. For these people there is no other reason to attend a battleground aside from winning it because they don't gain anything else out of it.
    I just got a new 90 up and got full 8 piece contender. Its a warrior so I got the 463 2 hand 1 hand and shield. I spent about 25k gold leveling BS and Engineering so that I could walk in as ready to go as possible. I'm not terrible, but not a gladiator either. I want to WIN battlegrounds to gear up. Was in a Twin Peaks where we had the flag for 5 minutes before the stupid FC went into the damn room. In that time we killed EFC 6 or 7 times before we got a cap. During that time the other team suddenly got organized and came back to win 2-1 (it was 1-0 them then we capped then they got the last cap) Had that moron gotten into the freaking flag room we could have won the BG. These types of things drive me insane, so, while ressing, I bitched about it.

    I mean, when people are fighting off the flags in AB or EoTS, or going for the flag in EoTS without capping bases first, or moving away from capped bases and not leaving anyone there to defend, yes I bitch. It drives me insane to see people zerg something, lose, then go straight back to the same point to lose again, ignoring the undefended areas. I can't single handedly change a BGs course. What do you do when people are running around with the flags outside the mid in Kotmogu (sp?).

    What does anyone have to gain from a BG except a win? My problem is always people who just go in to fight instead of win. I'd rather come out with 0 HKs and a victory than 50hks and a loss.

  4. #4
    They do have the right to complain, same as everyone. They shouldn't be, but they're allowed to.

  5. #5
    On the other hand I see people doing nothing but fighting in the middle/off the flags complaining about the fact that the team is losing, so yeah, those people have no right to bitch. Go for the objectives or STFU.

  6. #6
    maybe its the new kind of bot. or just some young kid feeling sorry for them selves

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by MickoLis View Post
    maybe its the new kind of bot. or just some young kid feeling sorry for them selves
    And at times some people genuinely being bothered by their fellow players behaving like brain dead morons. Like the last two players mounting up and leaving mines in Gilneas to go zerg somewhere, like the flagcarrier zerging or the healer running around somewhere doing nothing productive while their own flag carrier is completly alone and nobody is bothering to get the flag back but if the flag carrier dies to 3-4 people it's suddenly all his fault?

  8. #8
    You pretty much answered your own question there. They complain because they are bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    If rogues become shit, all they can become is a different type of shit.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    On the other hand I see people doing nothing but fighting in the middle/off the flags complaining about the fact that the team is losing, so yeah, those people have no right to bitch. Go for the objectives or STFU.
    Sometimes fighting in the middle or camping a graveyard is a viable tactic. Jus' sayin'.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    And at times some people genuinely being bothered by their fellow players behaving like brain dead morons. Like the last two players mounting up and leaving mines in Gilneas to go zerg somewhere, like the flagcarrier zerging or the healer running around somewhere doing nothing productive while their own flag carrier is completly alone and nobody is bothering to get the flag back but if the flag carrier dies to 3-4 people it's suddenly all his fault?
    Yeah, I agree completely.

    For me there's two sides, I'll say "good job, keep it up" and call outs and all that when people are playing the BG the way its supposed to be played, and then congratulate everyone at the end if we win. If it's terrible I'll bitch while I'm ressing, or if I'm the only one defending a base, watching people zerg the roads and not take over new bases.

  11. #11
    You are complaining right now. Does it make you bad?

    Food for thought.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomGamer View Post
    You are complaining right now. Does it make you bad?

    Food for thought.
    No, it does not. OP, and the rest of us, are venting :-)

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    No, it does not. OP, and the rest of us, are venting :-)
    As opposed to the people venting in bgs :P

    OT: It's not always the bad ones who complain.

  14. #14
    If someones a multi-gladiator they really don't care about winning or losing a BG because it doesn't mean anything. But if someone complains in chat it means they do random BG's for the majority of their PvP, therefore complain because they care enough to do so.

  15. #15
    Mechagnome kleinlax21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Austin & Houston, Texas
    Posts
    612
    Some people are so incredibly unable to take criticism, they will lash out at others around them in a juvenile attempt to convince themselves that a loss was in no way their own fault.

    I was in a losing Temple BG last night and this Rogue with 750k damage was complaining we were losing because everyone else sucked and nobody healed him. He had zero KB's, zero orbs picked up, and zero orb carriers killed.

    I had 15 million damage done, 12 KB's, and 5 carriers killed. When I mentioned this disparity to him, he chalked it up to Frost DK's(my toon at the timw) being overpowered.

    Some people absolutely refuse to take responsibility for their own part in a loss. I've seen it at all levels of PvP, even in some RBG leaders. It's a toxic attitude that should be avoided at all costs. Seriously guys, put all these people on ignore and do yourselves a favor.
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    There is two groups of people complaining in battlegrounds:

    1. People who actually need the honor. They are there for the honor, there is no other reason for them to play at that point. Their gear sucks, they can't really contribute and each loss especially of it had been avoidable is going to prolong the time they have to gimp through bg's. Also these people are usually bad.

    2. People who're completly overequipped for the battleground and are solely in a battleground to win. For these people there is no other reason to attend a battleground aside from winning it because they don't gain anything else out of it.
    There is a third option as well. I used to farm bgs solely for HKs after being geared as I worked for the bloodthirsty title on my mage. Of course after the account wide achievements it put me right around 430k HKs so I don't have to worry about it anymore.

  17. #17
    Titan Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    13,455
    They complain because they see the BG is going to hell, they keep dying and they don't want to blame themselves, so they try to blame everyone else.

    Besides, when typing in BG chat, you aren't grabbing flags or killing Alliance scum, so you're not being productive.

    If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

  18. #18
    Brewmaster MaxJr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,451
    I dont know about that, i complain and bitch a lot in random bgs but im always top dmg or top healing. Sometimes i just go afk and troll ppl a bit and they complain because i have 0 dmg or 0 healing done, but i dont only do that when i know my team doesnt have a chance like everyone is around 310k hp and the other team is mostly in full malev gear...

  19. #19
    I generally tend to complain in lower brackets if something retarded kills me (4k Blood boil in the 64 bracket, oh lord) or I'll make a jibe that no one's playing for the objectives at 90. It's very rare that I lose my cool and start blasting at people, but sometimes you just need to vent.

    And yeah, it is generally the worst players that regularly do this. Did a few BGs earlier and this Hunter kept complaining that no one was going for the flag in WSG. Our team had no healers, they had 4. We couldn't have even dented the FC's health because of the lack of balance in low level BGs so most of us just went farming in mid. He proceeded to non-stop whinge and whine that he was the only one trying to win before finally leaving, by this point he was 0-10, 11? And had done the least damage and provided their team with all but 2 of their HKs.

    Best thing was, next time I saw him we were in AV and he kept ranting that we were going to lose because we were defending (As Horde). We went on to win and instead of being happy, or god forbid humble for being wrong, he proceeded to just print profanity in /bg.
    "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Why is it when you are losing theres always one or two guys that thinks hes some BG god and belittles the rest of the team. Maybe if he was a 7x gladiator with a RBG rating of 2500+ he might have the right to talk shit. But its always the person last place in damage or healing, who hasnt done a single BG objective at all. Just had a nice winning streak going in Temple but we just lost a game by like 20 points so it wasnt like we got curb stomped or anything. This one hunter kept saying "OMG you guys suck L2play" the entire time. At the end of the match he had 10 victory points. Really 10 points I mean you have to try and suck that much. A bot could have contributed more. So why do the people who suck so bad they cant even play better than a bot think they have the right to bitch,complain, and blame everyone else if we are losing?
    Why are the bads the ones always making topics complaining on forums about the people complaining in random BGs?

    Seriously though, not always true.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •