Thread: WoW DEVS

  1. #1

    WoW DEVS

    Not just GC, most of the devs and the community managers, i wonder if any of you guys have actually gotten an informative reply or something close to it. I mean every time i read those water coolers or answers on the forums is always with a "we know whats going, we are clearly not planing on doing anything about it, youre an idiot. deal with it" kind of attitude.

    i have nothing personal against them but theyre attitude towards players in general kind of piss me off considering is thanks to us that they get to put food in their table every day. Just saying.

  2. #2
    Epic! fengosa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada, Eh
    Posts
    1,533
    Quote Originally Posted by berdrek View Post
    Not just GC, most of the devs and the community managers, i wonder if any of you guys have actually gotten an informative reply or something close to it. I mean every time i read those water coolers or answers on the forums is always with a "we know whats going, we are clearly not planing on doing anything about it, youre an idiot. deal with it" kind of attitude.

    i have nothing personal against them but theyre attitude towards players in general kind of piss me off considering is thanks to us that they get to put food in their table every day. Just saying.
    I never get these posts. DEVs are far more polite and constructive than the average forum poster either here or on the official forums.

  3. #3
    Scarab Lord Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    4,795
    The Devs of WoW are pretty polite indeed, i don't see anything wrong with their attitude.
    They might not do everything the playerbase want to do, but thats normal since a few thousand likes on forum isn't the voice of the other 9,6Million, so they can't just do what YOU want.

    Be happy they communicate to their playerbase, they are pretty nice.

  4. #4
    Brewmaster DieFichte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Confederaziun svizra
    Posts
    1,293
    Quote Originally Posted by berdrek View Post
    i have nothing personal against them but theyre attitude towards players in general kind of piss me off considering is thanks to us that they get to put food in their table every day. Just saying.
    Actually it's thank to themselves, because they made an awesome game that you pay. You didn't buy WoW because you wanted to pay Greg Streets salary, did you?
    So be actually a bit respectful they talk to the community, because, if I read some of the texts they are gettting...I wouldn't answer personally.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by berdrek View Post
    Not just GC, most of the devs and the community managers, i wonder if any of you guys have actually gotten an informative reply or something close to it. I mean every time i read those water coolers or answers on the forums is always with a "we know whats going, we are clearly not planing on doing anything about it, youre an idiot. deal with it" kind of attitude.

    i have nothing personal against them but theyre attitude towards players in general kind of piss me off considering is thanks to us that they get to put food in their table every day. Just saying.
    That attitude pissed off a lot of people and broke people's hopes that broken parts of the game could possibly get fixed in the future. That attitude cost them millions of people leaving the game. Devs and GC have been so thick, they will get the message only when they get the pink slip.

  6. #6
    Brewmaster DieFichte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Confederaziun svizra
    Posts
    1,293
    Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    That attitude pissed off a lot of people and broke people's hopes that broken parts of the game could possibly get fixed in the future. That attitude cost them millions of people leaving the game. Devs and GC have been so thick, they will get the message only when they get the pink slip.
    You real think, the people that care about what GC writes on twitter are in the millions?

  7. #7
    hmm i see what you both are saying, and you are right, not all of them are like that. but just as an example check this out

    Q:Mages didnt need more defences so you give them new def talents. Eles beg for more def, you copy paste sham rage. So unfair...
    Ao you think it would be fair for mages to just have 2 talents in that one row with a blank space?

    i don't play the game anymore so apologies in advance if i am making a mistake but elemental having nearly no def has been a problem since BC, its been talked about A LOT as far as i know, why not acknowledge that is a problem and maybe say its being talked about, instead they give an answer that to me is a nice way of saying "what you are saying is preposterous you moronic retard we have no intent of changing mages at the moment so if we remove said spells their talents would be empty then because we have no intent of redesigning anything"

    Like i said i dont play their game anymore they ruined it for me a while back, i do play diablo 3 though and the community managers there seem a lot nicer, understanding, and all around well mannered when it comes to questions from the community

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 02:52 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by DieFichte View Post
    Actually it's thank to themselves, because they made an awesome game that you pay. You didn't buy WoW because you wanted to pay Greg Streets salary, did you?
    So be actually a bit respectful they talk to the community, because, if I read some of the texts they are gettting...I wouldn't answer personally.
    thats exactly why they need to do it in a nice way, people purchased their product and pay for it monthly, its their job to communicate with the millions of players they have and to communicate in a well mannered way. If they can't deal with "stupid questions" then they need a new job. imo.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by DieFichte View Post
    You real think, the people that care about what GC writes on twitter are in the millions?
    Not just what he writes, but also what he DOES. He writes about what he does, so yes. GC is not just giving an opinion, he is giving out what did/will HAPPEN in the game and people care about what happens in the game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •