Thread: No MMO-Champion

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Look at my post count and imagine how much time I spend here
    You dirty dirty...

The funny thing is, I feel that sure, some users of mmo-champion could be considered to be like that, but the majority of the people I interact with on a daily basis on here are more mature than a lot of my real life friends, who I would consider pretty mature, upper-level college-aged students. It also depends on what areas of mmo-champion you spend most of your time in, I can assure you the computer forums are some of the most calm and informative probably on this site.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Castiell View Post
    Dude you have 111 posts, how much time could you have spent here XD ?

i dont really believe post counts determine how long someone has been around. even though he only has 111 posts he's been a member for a few more months than you have. so its possible he lurks and reads more than you in fact.

the more you know

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AnotherInternetOpinion View Post
    Didnt log onto mmo champ forums for around 5 days. I tell you i was happier in real life and whilst playing wow...
    Amazing observation right. I come to these forums and my brain gets a picture of 1000's of people screaming and crying.
    Kind of like when Obi-Wan senses that Alderaan was just blown up...
    Have a nice day.
    iirc your posts are normally negative as hell and insulting torwards other players. It's an interesting thing to state, sure. But I doubt more endorphins were released because you didn't type in mmo-champion.com into your URL bar.

Deleted
    It sounds like you wish to leave mmo-champion.

Wouldn't it be easier for you to simply avoid mmo-champion, instead of complaining in a new thread?

Didnt log onto mmo champ forums for around 5 days. I tell you i was happier in real life and whilst playing wow...
    Amazing observation right. I come to these forums and my brain gets a picture of 1000's of people screaming and crying.
    Have a nice day.
    Staying away from negativity makes ones life better? I wouldnt never guess that from a million years :P SIlly thing.

Reason why i dont watch the news, read newspapers, read forums that arent offtopic, keep away from drama whores irl, move on from bad things that happen to me and solve them instead... im a very happy person in general

Oh the other hand, just stay away from the negative posts, stay on General offtopic or funstuff and have fun talking with people and dont take anything serious, its fun.

I can't count that high. I need more fingers and toes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    i dont really believe post counts determine how long someone has been around. even though he only has 111 posts he's been a member for a few more months than you have. so its possible he lurks and reads more than you in fact.

the more you know
    You miss the point,
    how much time do need to have spent here that it actually negatively impacts your mood to the point where you would feel so much better not being here that it warrants having to tell us about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Castiell View Post
    You miss the point,
    how much time do need to have spent here that it actually negatively impacts your mood to the point where you would feel so much better not being here that it warrants having to tell us about it.
    It really depends on the person, for some people one negative thing can screw their whole day. I don't have a high post count and I have lurked on the forum longer than I have been a member as well. So he could have just burned out from reading negative post rather than having an "active" forum presence.

Deleted
    Have a nice day.

Of course you were. People (not just here, unfortunately) obsess over negativity. Everywhere you go people are bashing and spewing crap over games/movies/brands/consoles/anime/companies/whatever. After a point, that begins to affect you. That applies in comment sections too.

These days, I only visit forums and skim through comments only because I've gained so much over the years through these sources. Hell, I even re-discovered anime through someone's post on mmo-champion, that post changed me forever. Countless brilliant games, the same thing. The occasional gem-discovery in online communities is just too good to pass up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is "too much" the right answer?

Don't let the door beat you repeatedly about the head on your way out.

He is right though, and some of the edgy comments in this thread prove his point. Communicating with other gamers sure isn't that much fun in this day and age, because seemingly 90% of all input is about some kind of whine, discomfort and sulking.

I sometimes do wish that people would remember that voicing your displeasure isn't the only form of discussing a topic. Forums would be more fun if more time was spent talking about stuff, discussing, exchanging experiences etc., and not just pissing in your pants over some stupid little thing that didn't went your way and blaming Ghostcrawler for it. You gotta be very selective with reading threads on gaming forums.

I turned off the chat channels in WoW some time in 2010 and I really did notice how I found the gaming experience more relaxing and fun, and never looked back. It's like the TV in the background: you don't really watch it conciously, but there's this constant stream of bullshit and stupidity in the back of your head. Then after a while, you notice how you're fucking annoyed for no reason, and realize it's the stupid TV. Turn off, feel good again.

Arguing on MMO-C is a great way to pass the time, but...even when you win, you're still just arguing on the internet for no reason or purpose.

Remember that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously you still need validation from MMO-C.
    I like sandwiches

15+ Year Old Account
    Your brain will thank you if you stay away from Off-Topic General.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Your brain will thank you if you stay away from Off-Topic General.
    I don't know, I've learned a lot in this area of mmo-champion.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea if there are better forums, surely there are, but this is the place that I know. At times it shows that you are on a video game forum, but most contributors on the off topic stuff really want to discuss things. I was horrible at interacting in the forums at first. I have learned a lot about people in general here. Learned a lot about myself as well.

I can honestly say that posting on MMO-C has made me a better person. It may frustrate the shit out of me too, but that is life.
    I like sandwiches

Completely agree about this section, all you do is get banned for responding to personal attacks that go uninfracted. Being called names for disagreeing on a topic got old when i turned 14. I personally dont think words like emo, kid and wacko should be bannable offenses, especially when its not aimed at an individual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Completely agree about this section, all you do is get banned for responding to personal attacks that go uninfracted. Being called names for disagreeing on a topic got old when i turned 14. I personally dont think words like emo, kid and wacko should be bannable offenses, especially when its not aimed at an individual.
    Yet you keep coming back for more. Anyone that has been on these forums long enough knows people like you and I. I just hope that I do not rub people the wrong way as much as you.
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get it... People are always screaming and crying everywhere including on the internet. Also, if you don't like coming on here WHY DID YOU MAKE A THREAD?
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3