Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I haven't actually seen any monk tanks other than myself in game, so my experience is that all monk tanks are awesome

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Most I see at 90 are still squishy compared to warriors and DK's
    To be fair, most Brewmasters and Mistweavers I've seen have no clue what they're doing and are only playing Monk for the "lol new class" factor.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...erbones/simple

I level too quickly to get the drops I need, bracers mostly.
    A glyph may help you out also.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Well on that lvl you can normally tank the instance as windwalker or whatever. maybe the random healer ist just that bad....
    13/13

Monk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Most I see at 90 are still squishy compared to warriors and DK's
    It's because it's a bit more skill-dependent.
    (I don't say war or DK require no skill, au contraire ! But they have a more steady mitigation, making them less spiky when you screw up a little bit.)

Quote Originally Posted by Alucin View Post
    Note that as a tank with brewmaster training, tiger palm costs no chi. It's free. You should use it when you have no other abilities up, and consider using it before guard if the buff isn't already up.

The buffs it gives are great, but you should be using it often enough that you don't have to worry about it too much.
    Keep in mind that if you don't have Shuffle, you don't have this effect. Brewmaster Training is what gives Shuffle, too.

My suggestion is that at this point you WOULD have vengeance. Don't put up guard right away, take a few hits first. At least you will benefit from the increased damage you take from not having Shuffle yet by turning it into a decent guard (since guard scales with your AP, including vengeance)

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Monks are beyond squishy at low levels.
    Pretty much this.
    Just kite everything TC, you can pull bigger than any other tank, so long as you're careful not to get hit. It's what I did, and didn't have any issues dealing with the squishiness unless I got rooted/stunned.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiqjaq View Post
    Pretty much this.
    Just kite everything TC, you can pull bigger than any other tank, so long as you're careful not to get hit. It's what I did, and didn't have any issues dealing with the squishiness unless I got rooted/stunned.
    pretty much this

As someone who just leveled a tank monk.

I had full leather heirlooms and a cloth chest because I lost my leather chest with dual wielding the 2 boa swords with fiery.

I always just AoE'd everything down. Popped the shieldwall if I was taking too much damage, and always used guard with Tiger Palm.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yörgle View Post
    It's because it's a bit more skill-dependent.
    (I don't say war or DK require no skill, au contraire ! But they have a more steady mitigation, making them less spiky when you screw up a little bit.)
    I think your going to find it is the fact that, at this point, the surviving Death Knight tanks know how to use their abilities. Monks are just starting out.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play a Windwalker Monk ( Panda ) for DPS she's Lvl 90 and iLvl 485, with all possible ench. and upgrades .. I DPS in Dungeons and Raids... but the Damage is so changing.. sometimes I do more than 80k and sometimes only 24k .. I do the same like always, I have no Idea why its changing so much ...

Now I've start to LvL up another Monk ( Bloodelf ) as an Mistweaver... I'll be an Healer... anybody has Tips and Tricks how to do it the best way.. and sorry for my English I'm a German...

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    To be fair, most Brewmasters and Mistweavers I've seen have no clue what they're doing and are only playing Monk for the "lol new class" factor.
    Because everyone who plays a new class should instantly know every thing about it and be extremely efficient at playing it, right?

I've seen just as many terrible Tanks from all classes as i've seen for Monks, BrMs have a much larger learning curve then the other tanks.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    Because everyone who plays a new class should instantly know every thing about it and be extremely efficient at playing it, right?

I've seen just as many terrible Tanks from all classes as i've seen for Monks, BrMs have a much larger learning curve then the other tanks.
    That's a fair point, I'd say that BrM and MW are respectively the most difficult/complicated tank and healer in the game now. You also don't have a single person that's been playing a Monk for longer than 4 months, so experience is nonexistent. That said, simply going to a non-blizzard fan website for news and delving into the forum already puts you leagues beyond most other players. I'm not really sure I'd fully understand BrM or Mistweaver without discussing parts of it with other people (we only JUST hashed out the final Chi Brew and Ascension differences) and I like to think that I pick things up rather quickly. I don't blame people for not really knowing what to do because it is a rather difficult class to play, which unfortunately means that if you don't look things up online, you're kind of screwed.

Deleted
    Charge-Keg Smash-Guard-Jab to 2 chi-Zen Sphere-Keg Smash-Blackout Kick-Jab to 2 chi-Blackout Kick-Elusive Brew-
    I would change that rotation to: Dizzying haze - charge - keg smash - blackout kick - jab - jab - blackout kick - jab - expel harm - Tiger palm(also a filler skill) - guard - elusive brew @ 9+ stacks (Cd is on 9 sec so if you always use it at over 9 stacks it will always be available to you when needed). Dizzying haze for the threat, charge the mob furthest back for the aoe stun (could also be used as a grip to save a mate if ur taunt is on cd), stacking up shuffle twice leaves you room to get 2 chi and then use tiger palm for 15% extra guard power followed by guard without having shuffle fall off (Because you NEVER wanna loose shuffle, a Brewmaster without shuffle is like a guardian druid outside of bearform or a warrior without his shield and armor). Alternatively if you expect incoming spike dmg then use guard after keg smash instead and you'll hopefully have shuffle up before you guard is completely absorbed. Its all circumstantial as a monk really but that is a pattern I've found myself to use most of the time.
    On a side note, haste is king, the more you have the more you can spend on 'luxury skills' such as chi wave/breath of fire.
    My personal experience when leveling my monk is me pulling room after room like a boss without barely even needing a healer so you getting complains surprises me.