Poll: Would you Support this Bill?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    House Bill 206, introduced by state Rep. Cathrynn Brown (R), would charge a rape victim who ended her pregnancy with a third-degree felony for "tampering with evidence."
    How is a fetus brought to term more evidence than the pregnancy itself? The majority of sexual intercourse doesn't result in a pregnancy anyway... so why is there an added burden for rape victims who fall pregnant compared to those that don't?

Why am I bothering to analyse this retarded insane troll logic?

Infracted: Please post respectfully and do not insult other users
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-01-25 at 06:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    it is my understanding then when a rape is legitimate the body has a way of just shutting down the pregnancy... lol jk
    cant the abortion be evidence?
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    What if the woman is the rapist? Could she be forced to keep the baby under this law?
    Haha, yeah I guess so. And the male rape victim would be required to pay child support :P

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 10:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lefrog View Post
    Then you sir have no met the rapist that forced a miscarriage on the victim with no other evidence tying him to the rape.

Also, the female teacher (on law and order svu) that had sex with her student then had an abortion to erase all evidence.

This law attempts the close a loophole where rapist can currently destroy the only piece of evidence without consequences.
    I hope you realise that this makes absolutely no sense. Citing SVU as evidence doesn't help either -_-

I remember an episode of SVU where a woman was effectively date-raping men using a loophole, does such a law exist/still exist(in NY?)?

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    How is a fetus brought to term more evidence than the pregnancy itself? The majority of sexual intercourse doesn't result in a pregnancy anyway... so why is there an added burden for rape victims who fall pregnant compared to those that don't?

Why am I bothering to analyse this retarded insane troll logic?
    To be honest. I'm not even sure how that would work. That's their words from their Article. If it sounds very confusing. It is because it really yes. The act of rape alone along with cotton swaps with the DNA should be enough. I'm not sure why they need the fetus unless this is some misguided forced attempt to force the rape victim to keep the child..

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, I thought women had ways of shutting that all down?!

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    God damn, bills like this make me fume.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

So the only yes seems to be a misclick. Anyway this is insane lets leave it at that.

10+ Year Old Account
    To the poster above me. She made it pretty clear that the person of the rape would have to carry the fetus through the trail. Then she say's this is to stop people from forcing her to get rid of it through abortion.

The intent of the bill was to make it a crime for ANYONE even the victim to abort the pregnancy during the trail. How else could they use it as evidence. I mention Fox because they are already back tracking on their comments saying it was a misunderstanding.
    It will only be a crime when the intent is to destroy evidence of rape or incest.

The rape victim will not be charged with a crime for obtaining an abortion.

It says it right there in the update in your source.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    It will only be a crime when the intent is to destroy evidence of rape or incest.

just curious, what do you think the bill originally intended? another back door abortion limitation or genuine victim protection? considering the source of the bill i personally am dubious
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

To be honest. I'm not even sure how that would work. That's their words from their Article. If it sounds very confusing. It is because it really yes. The act of rape alone along with cotton swaps with the DNA should be enough. I'm not sure why they need the fetus unless this is some misguided forced attempt to force the rape victim to keep the child..
    Well I'm pretty sure it's just another load of nonsensical hot air to distract people from yet another attempt by pro-lifers to shove their views into the legal system. Any excuse will do, no matter how flimsy and absurd.

What I want to know is do rapists actually stick around and assist their victims after the crime? The author of this bill sure makes it seem that way? Maybe she should give herself one more uppercut when she wakes up every morning.

10+ Year Old Account
    The baby just proves they had sex...not that they were raped 0o

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    just curious, what do you think the bill originally intended? another back door abortion limitation or genuine victim protection? considering the source of the bill i personally am dubious
    I have no way of knowing that information, and neither do you.
    But I'm not going to sit here and speculate, or throw my hands in the air and complain about something that isn't happening.

As has been stated previously in this thread, The intent of the bill is to prevent women who have been sexually molested from being coerced to seek abortion. See: "With the intent to destroy evidence of a crime."

1. I find abortion to be a horrendous crime against a helpless child who did nothing wrong to deserve losing his life. Yes, I get in the case of rape, the woman didn't ask for it, but is the answer to being raped to kill a child? Not in my mind.

2. I still don't support this bill because it's twisting legal terms to fit a political/personal agenda. This makes some kind of assumption that rape always results in pregnancy, and it makes me wonder if this moron thinks that if you're not pregnant, you have no case against a rapist.

3. I'm voting no, but I still find abortion to be one of the most disgusting things a person can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post

Sounds like a hasty last minute retraction to me. Compare:

A Republican lawmaker in New Mexico introduced a bill on Wednesday that would legally require victims of rape to carry their pregnancies to term in order to use the fetus as evidence for a sexual assault trial.

House Bill 206, introduced by state Rep. Cathrynn Brown (R), would charge a rape victim who ended her pregnancy with a third-degree felony for "tampering with evidence."
    UPDATE: 12:25 p.m. -- Brown said in a statement Thursday that she introduced the bill with the goal of punishing the person who commits incest or rape and then procures or facilitates an abortion to destroy the evidence of the crime.

“New Mexico needs to strengthen its laws to deter sex offenders,” said Brown. “By adding this law in New Mexico, we can help to protect women across our state.”

15+ Year Old Account
    what...the...fuck....
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilfrier View Post
    I still find abortion to be one of the most disgusting things a person can do.
    That's probably because you don't actually understand what abortion is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Sounds like a hasty last minute retraction to me. Compare:
    You're comparing a news article with the words of the perosn who wrote the bill. Original bill vs new words would be actually useful.