Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Shadowcleave feels really good on the PTR, and Warlocks themselves do not feel all too bad.

Monks and Rogues are retard status now though

Quote Originally Posted by Schirm View Post
    Shadowcleave feels really good on the PTR, and Warlocks themselves do not feel all too bad.

Monks and Rogues are retard status now though
    This ^^ I personally cannot wait to run shadowcleave again! I have always loved running with Unholy Deathknights and just the way the comp plays!!

Seems locks are done getting any mentions in notes these days. Cheers to 5.2's PvP season. It will be long and ugly my brethren. It's ok though....I mean we get what.....green fire?..

PS: Mages get a talent with up to 30% DR scaling with spellpower now? WTB??? I mean I know they gotta lose ice barrier for it, but who the hell doesn't want up to 30% passive DR on top of Resilience?
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowygoodness View Post
    Seems locks are done getting any mentions in notes these days. Cheers to 5.2's PvP season. It will be long and ugly my brethren. It's ok though....I mean we get what.....green fire?..

PS: Mages get a talent with up to 30% DR scaling with spellpower now? WTB??? I mean I know they gotta lose ice barrier for it, but who the hell doesn't want up to 30% passive DR on top of Resilience?
    I dont think this will make it live unless they nerf anything else.Mage already have the most utility in their archieve to avoid dmg,ccs or simply kite.From a first look it seems plain op not to get against ice barrier, and a passive 30%DR scaling with spellpower without any real tradeoff (reducing your dmg,movement speed,loosing life or anything) is just stupid imo.It would be like giving us back the old soul link as base spell without removing or nerfing the new defensive cd's and healing for that matter.

Warlocks: Blizzard, we desperately need more passive defense. I mean look at all the other classes. Mages for example have a ton of defensive abilities as well as better passives.

Blizzard: Yes yes, let's take that 7% armor increase and give you 10% damage reduc. Btw, what's the situation on mages? How about we give them up to 30% damage reduction? Seems fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by frigoffrick View Post
    Does anyone think Warlocks are going to be hard to play and underpowered? Or, will they still stand up to other classes?

Any thoughts? I wanna buy WoW time in the next couple days and from what I read from other peoples opinions will basically make the choice for me if I should be leveling another character.

Cheers.
    What do you consider "serious pvp"? If you are talking to push rank 1? Maybe. Pushing 2200 (even though there are no more t2 weaps from 2.2k)? No.

I am more concerned with the buffs given to rogues, monks and dk's to be honest. Ugh, am I pigeonholed to Demo for battlegrounds again?

Destro seems to be fine for RBG's still. Blood Fear nerf will be annoying but our burst on target switches will still be great. Curious as to why FaB is being nerfed to 10 yards that seemed unnecessary. However on the bright side after the lackluster 5.2 season maybe we will get an adequate buff for 5.3 to put us on par with other casters.

I don't see myself completely re-rolling as i love playing Destro in RBG although i do see myself playing my Warrior more often in arenas.
    I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dmburton View Post
    Destro seems to be fine for RBG's still. Blood Fear nerf will be annoying but our burst on target switches will still be great. Curious as to why FaB is being nerfed to 10 yards that seemed unnecessary. However on the bright side after the lackluster 5.2 season maybe we will get an adequate buff for 5.3 to put us on par with other casters.

I don't see myself completely re-rolling as i love playing Destro in RBG although i do see myself playing my Warrior more often in arenas.
    Because you could just spam it to prevent flag captures in RBG.

Thats obvious, but who already wasn't putting RoF down. With the high amount of class abilities that could do it just seemed odd FaB took a hit.

Thats obvious, but who already wasn't putting RoF down. With the high amount of class abilities that could do it just seemed odd FaB took a hit.
    Tbh i don't think they nerfed it because of its ability to interupt flags.10 yards is still enough to prevent capturing a flag, and RoF is better for this job.I think they are trying to :
    1.)Reduce its effectiveness in aoe fights were atm we are most dominant
    2.)Make you consider taking Mannoroth's Fury insteed of KJC. KJC is far too strong atm for destro since we have to cast almost anything .Even if 5 yards seems a small ammount i think it will make the difference in matters of aoe dmg.

I am no experienced PvPer (2k rating), but with FaB nerf i will consider trading KJC with Mannorth's Fury in certain rbg's.I guess i would have to test this theory first,but imo FaB nerf is affecting KJC most of all (if not only).
    Last edited by pitakos; 2013-02-06 at 08:17 PM.

blood fear and rof nerfs would be justified if they nerfed similar abilities accross the board.
    Nerf blood fear, ok then nerf all the other retarded instant cc's like you said you would? no... hello? uh blizz? Deep freeze duration increased to compensate glyph...
    Nerf RoF, ok thats fine then nerf other aoe flag cap interrptions please!

Why are warlock always the ones to defend getting nerfed by saying it was retarded to begin with? Do you enjoy cutting yourself and crying into a bucket of doughnuts? Perhaps bf and rof are retarded but all classes have some retarded abilities why are we the only ones who aren't allowed to? Why do we have to take nerf after nerf in saying that it makes a higher skill cap? lol no, playing a gimped class doesn't = skill.

I have done competitive 3s on this lock every season of arena, yes all of them! but after the neglect of cata and now 2 patches into mop I'm starting to wonder if I'm just being a glutton for punishment to try and play lock next season in 3s. By no means do I want easy glad, but I do want at least a fighting chance in 5.2
    Last edited by Felshara; 2013-02-07 at 08:33 AM.

I can understand your frustration, but in general warlock community is not like in other classes.Spoiled brats who cry all over the forums because they cant beat someone in 1v1 without any actual effort, or not knowing why they lost (mechanics,strategy etc), or simply demanding stuff because "other class has x,y".
    Unfortunately MoP's overhaul brought many wanna be warlocks to reroll into our class.If 5.2 will make all this kids reroll back to other fotm classes, i think i will pay that price gladly.I think warlock is quite enjoyable to play atm, and if you survived as a lock during cata next patch wont be enough to kill true locks

To put it bluntly, this is a game noone is forced to play it and noone should demand things to go as they please.An important matter that many have forgotten (even blizzard tends to do it nowadays sadly)
    Last edited by pitakos; 2013-02-07 at 02:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pitakos View Post
    Tbh i don't think they nerfed it because of its ability to interupt flags.10 yards is still enough to prevent capturing a flag, and RoF is better for this job.I think they are trying to :
    1.)Reduce its effectiveness in aoe fights were atm we are most dominant
    2.)Make you consider taking Mannoroth's Fury insteed of KJC. KJC is far too strong atm for destro since we have to cast almost anything .Even if 5 yards seems a small ammount i think it will make the difference in matters of aoe dmg.

I am no experienced PvPer (2k rating), but with FaB nerf i will consider trading KJC with Mannorth's Fury in certain rbg's.I guess i would have to test this theory first,but imo FaB nerf is affecting KJC most of all (if not only).
    MF is already the most popular talent for destruction right now for RBG... Mainly for the higher radius of RoF for more embers, and for bigger range on FaB for interrupting.

well since i'm a lazy sucker i won't change, just keep playing like i allways did

if i would do serious pvp i would have rerolled a loooong time ago, probably to someting stupid like roflwarriXroq cleave combo or healmonk+ddmonk combo with rollroll waa i got hit roll back xD

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    MF is already the most popular talent for destruction right now for RBG... Mainly for the higher radius of RoF for more embers, and for bigger range on FaB for interrupting.

Personally i find KJC far better

Really depends on the BG, if we get BFG (Or another flag based game) i might take MF because i know i will most likely be fighting at 1 node for an extended period of time where i would benefit for a larger FaB range.

Really depends on the BG, if we get BFG (Or another flag based game) i might take MF because i know i will most likely be fighting at 1 node for an extended period of time where i would benefit for a larger FaB range.
    Yes i pick MF sometimes too,but the utility KJC will bring in situations (hunting enemy fc or anything involving movement) will make me keep KJC most of the times. MF is definetly a legit option in all BGs, but the situational dmg on the move during objectives will make you (me at least) pick KJC over MF. As in 5.2 with FaB range nerf if our dmg will hurt that much while using KJC, MF will be even more legit option imo.

Quote Originally Posted by pitakos View Post
    I can understand your frustration, but in general warlock community is not like in other classes.Spoiled brats who cry all over the forums because they cant beat someone in 1v1 without any actual effort, or not knowing why they lost (mechanics,strategy etc), or simply demanding stuff because "other class has x,y".
    Unfortunately MoP's overhaul brought many wanna be warlocks to reroll into our class.If 5.2 will make all this kids reroll back to other fotm classes, i think i will pay that price gladly.I think warlock is quite enjoyable to play atm, and if you survived as a lock during cata next patch wont be enough to kill true locks

To put it bluntly, this is a game noone is forced to play it and noone should demand things to go as they please.An important matter that many have forgotten (even blizzard tends to do it nowadays sadly)
    I'll start with stating that you're retarded douchebag, simply becouse you're.

1. It was obvious from beta that locks won't be a FOTM pvp class and all FOTM rerollers actually rolled SPs, Mages and Warriors.
    2. All classes communities are the same, stop thinking that you belong to something special becouse you play warlock.
    3. If you're ready to play a gimped class just so more peoples (becouse they aren't all kids and it isn't bad to be a kid and average kid probably have more brains and play better then you anyway) reroll from it then you're beyond help and i dunno what for i'm posting it anyway.
    4. Saying that locks survived Cata!!! just shows how much of a scrub you're becouse we were top dog class during wholle Cata expansion.

This post was simply too agravating...
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________

Tbh right now i've no clue how Blizz can fix warlocks in arena setting and whether they're going to aknowledge that we've some glaring issues. I completly agree that rogues, monks and dk aprising will bring more hurt to us then it'll do us a favour - ofc we'll have a choice to play with rogues or dks once again, but overall both this classes counter warlocks and increasing melee participation will flood ladder with all possible cleave variants that will be hard to live long against.

Imo pushing locks from passive to active defences was the worst decision made by blizzard. That concept works for mages becouse of their dmg avoiding ability so they avoid dmg for a period of time and when they're at death door they have cds to use, also all cc they've provides them with burst opportunities. Things are entirely different for locks - we take dmg, tp and couple sec later enemy is already on us (becouse of through the roof mobility melees have) and milk us and healer out of cds in no time. Shortly after we die.

This season bloodfear was the only thing (exept prenerf demo burst) that was carrying locks, allowing them to snipe healer with instant cc and put counterpreassure. As it looks for next season training locks will lead to easiest victory ever becouse it'll fully negate locks CC potential on healer and dmg dealing capabilities (dot whatever with SB:SS, it's not enough dmg to preassure enemy healer).

Infracted for flaming
    Last edited by xskarma; 2013-02-08 at 03:38 PM.

I'm rerolling Warrior for 5.2. Good in BGs and hell, nothing can be worse than Ret Paladins at the moment; all the potency of a wet fish.