Deleted

Help with router PLEASE!

Hi! So recently iv been downloading a game with several mods on it. What i noticed was.... During this download, whenever i was doing it wireless it jumped between 30 kb/s - 200 kb/s. Whenever i turned off my router and back on it changed to 1.5 mb/s for a few seconds but went down to the average of 30-200 kb/s after a few seconds. Now this really frustrated me since i was going to play this new game with my friend this friday but seems like i cant which really makes me sad.
    Then i turned it onto my router with a wire (although the router is in my parents room due to the phonestick being there) and it went up to 1.5 mb/s...
    So i was wondering, are there anybody out there who can help me!? There must be some way to regain the same amount of mb/s via wireless?
    Also, I had the same downloading speed when my whole family was only as if I was the only online! PLEASE save my friday and help me out!

Thanks !

What is the signal strength between the router and your machine? Have you tried changing wireless channels? Have you checked to see if there is new firmware for your router? Have you checked for new drivers for your wireless NIC? All these things can help.

Also, should probably be in the Computer forum.