Please Help me build a computer

I'm looking to build a new computer and I know very little about building or picking components for computers and I was wondering if anyone could help me build a decent gaming computer for around $1k. I'm not super picky about what it needs to look like as long as it functions well.

It will mostly be used to play WoW (10 man raiding) and similar MMO type games.

I assume that you are not going to be needing a mouse, keyboard or monitor right?
    That being said here's a good build that will run WoW pretty good.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($124.99 @ Microcenter)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($41.26 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Crucial M4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($107.95 @ Mac Connection)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 660 2GB Video Card ($199.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($34.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Antec Basiq Plus 550W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($54.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224BB/RSBS DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Total: $962.11
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-25 16:20 EST-0500)

Is there any place that could walk me through putting the computer together, or a place that lets me have the computer prebuilt (because I don't know how to put it together)

15+ Year Old Account
    See my signature for a quick guide. There are tons of resources on building a computer. If you can build Lego sets, you can build a computer
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a lot easier than it looks. I over did and double asked about most parts of my build that I just built today. I was nervous as only thing I've done before on a system was change a graphics card and a PSU. Thanks to the guide that Demon linked, and general forum questions I asked, I now am writing to you from my new PC!

Good luck with it.

Actually the build linked above is pretty much my build, except the case and PSU!
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get to feel the warmth it brings.

10+ Year Old Account
    The way i learned how to build a pc was simple and efficient.

Does it fit in the hole? yes? then put it there. later ofc i sat down and studied what each thing did and why it fit there but hey i was 8 years old :P
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Lapetos View Post
    It's a lot easier than it looks. I over did and double asked about most parts of my build that I just built today. I was nervous as only thing I've done before on a system was change a graphics card and a PSU. Thanks to the guide that Demon linked, and general forum questions I asked, I now am writing to you from my new PC!

Good luck with it.

Actually the build linked above is pretty much my build, except the case and PSU!
    If you're new to it, changing the PSU is the hardest part of the whole build. Master that and you can build with no problems.