Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Abysal View Post
    4. Haters gonna hate. For every 1 person who whines on the forums and loudly, there's 100s of others enjoying their game.
    Also, the sheer volume of whining on the forum actively discourages non-whiners from posting there.

  2. #22
    The game is good, but it has a couple of problems.

    DRM in a game with hardcore setting: Making it DRM and having permanent death casused many players to lose their player on server lags. This is inadmisible.

    AH and RMAH: This feature cause loots to be balanced on the fact that you had easy access to buying loot won by other people, which throw the lot you in particular received to the floor.

    Bug: The game launched with too many bugs for a company like Blizzard

    Balance: The game launched completely unbalanced. DH and Wizzards could complete and farm ACt IV Inferno with almost no gear while the rest of the classes needed to farm a lot to reach that point.

    And it had a couple more.

    Some of this issues have been fixed, others are not present that much now that there are less people playing (less lag spikes) but those problems existed and launch and were a big problem.

    I still think its a decent game.

  3. #23
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    all over the world
    Posts
    2,417
    i thought the gameplay was good, i thought the graphics were cool as well and combat was quite fluid but i just didnt enjoy the story at all, i thought it was paper thin and so so predictable and thus this impacted the games replayability for me.

    im not going to say that i hated it and some people might think that because i found the story to be bad that thats a weak reason to not like it but to me personally the story makes the game. d2 story wasnt the best either but i felt like it was a lot better than d3's story.

    i dont have any opinions on the rmah other than i think it was kind of a cheap way for blizzard to make extra money but i cant really blame them for wanting to exploit all avenues. the only problem i had was that the auction house seemed like the best, fastest and sometimes easiest way to gear up. to me personally there just didnt seem to be any excitement or suspense when some gear dropped because i knew it was probably shit. in d2 when a good piece of gear dropped there was this instant rush of excitement that maybe i had just gotten an awesome piece of gear but in d3 i just didnt get this feeling at all.

    anyways to each their own, i dont hate the game but i was severely disappointed with it and stopped playing about 3 weeks after release, as did all of my friends =(

  4. #24
    The hate stems from the fact that it isn't a very good game. It isn't classic enough to be a true diablo successor but it also isn't innovative or fresh enough to keep people entertained. It's a product of design by user feedback and lack of vision on the part of the developers.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    The hate stems from the fact that it isn't a very good game. It isn't classic enough to be a true diablo successor but it also isn't innovative or fresh enough to keep people entertained. It's a product of design by user feedback and lack of vision on the part of the developers.
    Added: personal opinion...

    This guy did not make ONE positive comment on ANY Blizzard game in his 3300+ posts over 1 year time. That's 10 hate posts per day, not including the extensive bans.

    This represents a new form of hate: hating upon a company to look "cool" and give a meaning to your life.

    In fact this EXACTLY is the main reason why D3 is hated ... 3 months before it was even launched (and these guys put 1/10 on Metascore MINUTES after launch).

    Thousands of these so called user ratings were not even based on actual game play.

    The lack of a coherent reasoning was apparent the moment the game launched, which simply means ... It can all be summed up by using the word harasment.

    Agression against success has always been a factor with human species, but the faceless and anonymus internet is a perfect tool to spread it to give a meaning to someone's live. The problem with Blizzard, Apple, Microsoft is that they dominated their branche simply too much and so the backlash is enormous after some success waves. Unreasonable even.

    Millions play Diablo 3 because they like it.

    ----

    Accept it. If you don't like it, there is no need to post 3300 negative posts against Blizzard over 1 year time in what is supposed to be ... a player fan site...

    Just be sure that a mere 200 of these guys can post 660.000 negative posts over all the forums and that's not even counting their alts on various other outlets...because they are not limited to this site of course.

    12.000.000 copies sold minus a few thousand whiners posting each a 1000's negative posts on the internet = the usual contradiction why Apple, Microsoft, Blizzard dominate despite their so called sucky products..


    That's why people like the OP now ask: "Why the hate..." because frankly D3 is a great game compared to all that gaming garbage out there...
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-01-27 at 11:54 PM.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Abysal View Post
    1. People had unrealistic expectations of D3. D2 nostalgia led to people demanding the best game ever out of D3.
    It is not unrealistic to expect a game to be as good as it's predecessors, and nostalgia does not apply to something that is still being actively experienced.

    As shocking as this seems to be to the white knights who make these threads, some people are disappointed with the game, and voice their opinions accordingly. Obviously at least some of their opinions are valid, seeing the multiple blue posts stating the game did not release in a good state and is still not the game Blizzard wanted it to be.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    It is not unrealistic to expect a game to be as good as it's predecessors, and nostalgia does not apply to something that is still being actively experienced.

    As shocking as this seems to be to the white knights who make these threads, some people are disappointed with the game, and voice their opinions accordingly. Obviously at least some of their opinions are valid, seeing the multiple blue posts stating the game did not release in a good state and is still not the game Blizzard wanted it to be.
    And then they go, log another 200 hours in and carry on complaining. I still can't even begin to get my mind around this train of thought.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    And then they go, log another 200 hours in and carry on complaining. I still can't even begin to get my mind around this train of thought.
    I agree, but to dismiss opinions because we do not understand them is pretty poor policy. I'm personally pretty happy with where the game is now, although I admittedly only play when I'm in the mood for some co-op dungeon crawling (seldom).

  9. #29
    Benbos and TonnyIommi still hashing it after a year or so on these forums? Funny shit indeed when you can avoid a forum for so long, view it again and see the same two people having the same argument they were having the last time you looked.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Benbos and TonnyIommi still hashing it after a year or so on these forums? Funny shit indeed when you can avoid a forum for so long, view it again and see the same two people having the same argument they were having the last time you looked.
    ...And in every topic thread no matter the subject. Pretty soon this forum will be empty because no matter what people want to post about a handful come into the thread to derail it. Look at the PVP thread. It was supposed to be about the pros/cons about PVP then it turned into a 34+ page beast of "this is why the game is incomplete or sucks vs this is why you are wrong and the game is great"

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Benbos and TonnyIommi still hashing it after a year or so on these forums? Funny shit indeed when you can avoid a forum for so long, view it again and see the same two people having the same argument they were having the last time you looked.
    Hey don't look at me. I put him on ignore. Useless drivel.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    ...And in every topic thread no matter the subject. Pretty soon this forum will be empty because no matter what people want to post about a handful come into the thread to derail it. Look at the PVP thread. It was supposed to be about the pros/cons about PVP then it turned into a 34+ page beast of "this is why the game is incomplete or sucks vs this is why you are wrong and the game is great"
    Action calls for reaction. Logical. Only this: this IS a forum about Diablo 3.

    Some think it is a forum to trash talk about Blizzard.

    And THIS thread is called "WHY the HATE"

    The fact you even cite me with a 3375+ poster who couldn't post ONE good post about a Blizzard game in 10 months is quite amusing.

    My posts are constructive and have a build up logic. Even in this thread I explained why "the hate" the OP talked about.

    If you would read it, you would see the arguments behind it.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-01-28 at 08:47 AM.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    ...And in every topic thread no matter the subject. Pretty soon this forum will be empty because no matter what people want to post about a handful come into the thread to derail it. Look at the PVP thread. It was supposed to be about the pros/cons about PVP then it turned into a 34+ page beast of "this is why the game is incomplete or sucks vs this is why you are wrong and the game is great"
    IIRC correctly that particular thread was about the blog where they discussed the pvp that wasn't going to show up for awhile. The broader conversation was that the game was unfinished and this was evidence of that. If the thread was really that offtopic the mods should feel free to delete it. They didn't or at least not the thread was fuller. Granted mods aren't infallible but we had a couple participate iirc.

  14. #34
    High Overlord titcch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Silvermoon EU
    Posts
    184
    I played it from release and actually enjoyed it (Hardcore Inferno Diablo killed pre-nerf, can't remember what patch, but a few weeks after Krip did world first), I totally wished I had played it from the current patch though as every problem I had with the game has nearly been fixed, but I don't really play games when there is no more progression to be had (Paragon levels don't really do it for me).

    I just think some people have a really big problem in the fact that they expected Diablo 3 to be a direct upgrade from Diablo 2 when actually it's a brand new game entirely and they need to realize that, whining on the MMO Champion forums will not get any fixes either.
    WoW Retired (December '13) - Titchy@PS4

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by titcch View Post
    I played it from release and actually enjoyed it (Hardcore Inferno Diablo killed pre-nerf, can't remember what patch, but a few weeks after Krip did world first), I totally wished I had played it from the current patch though as every problem I had with the game has nearly been fixed, but I don't really play games when there is no more progression to be had (Paragon levels don't really do it for me).

    I just think some people have a really big problem in the fact that they expected Diablo 3 to be a direct upgrade from Diablo 2 when actually it's a brand new game entirely and they need to realize that, whining on the MMO Champion forums will not get any fixes either.
    Actually quite the opposite is true. Whining on forums is at least in part responsible for the move of Jay Wilson from leading this game.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Actually quite the opposite is true. Whining on forums is at least in part responsible for the move of Jay Wilson from leading this game.
    There was a reply on d3 forums from some Blizz higher up that highlighted some good stuff about JW. The combat and boss fights in D3 seems to be what JW influenced for example and that is job well done. If that was the only area where he applied himself it wouldn't be bad. Question is who was responsible for the other features in the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by titcch View Post
    I just think some people have a really big problem in the fact that they expected Diablo 3 to be a direct upgrade from Diablo 2 when actually it's a brand new game entirely and they need to realize that, whining on the MMO Champion forums will not get any fixes either.
    It's same as DA2 vs DA:O ... It's not a sequel. If it wasn't named a sequel ppl would have less issues with it. When developers take advantage of a glorified IP to release halfassed experimental game players get mad.

    My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    There was a reply on d3 forums from some Blizz higher up that highlighted some good stuff about JW. The combat and boss fights in D3 seems to be what JW influenced for example and that is job well done. If that was the only area where he applied himself it wouldn't be bad. Question is who was responsible for the other features in the game.



    It's same as DA2 vs DA:O ... It's not a sequel. If it wasn't named a sequel ppl would have less issues with it. When developers take advantage of a glorified IP to release halfassed experimental game players get mad.
    Well Jay did some good stuff but it wasn't all jay. By the same token Jay did some bad stuff and that wasn't all Jay. That's what happens when you wear the big hat though. Ultimately your responsible. Rob pardo made that little speech in the forum and ultimately Rob is also responsible although I guess his involvement wasn't as direct? The buck has to stop somewhere at some point.

    Look theirs lots of upset people on forums everywhere for every game. Sc2, wow, the BSN, you fucking name it. I do think d3 took the cake though in terms of forum angst and I think it was that feedback ( in addition to a wealth of other factors) that had some influence on his move. I'm not saying forum guys took him down, I'm saying it was a factor. Even a small one.

  18. #38
    Diablo3 is a good game, its just not a good sequel.

    We exspected and deserved more.

    There is a reason why I still bother to log inn and keep my non-ladder account's alive to this date inn Diablo2. Sure it sucks to loss out on a full account, with character that are epicly good, but it's also cause you feel attached to the game still, even this many years after. Diablo2 was and still is one of the best games ever made, and Diablo3 aint even close to be comparable many months and patches later - Witch is astnoshing consdering it already gotten more patches than Diablo2 ever did.
    One reason for WoW decline I often hear is that its an old game and naturally people get bored with it. But TV is much older and people still watch that. Surely if a thing you once enjoyed keept staying fun, you would still use it?

  19. #39
    Deserved? please.

    It's a good enough game, with improvements and fixes being thrown in constantly.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    There was a reply on d3 forums from some Blizz higher up that highlighted some good stuff about JW. The combat and boss fights in D3 seems to be what JW influenced for example and that is job well done. If that was the only area where he applied himself it wouldn't be bad. Question is who was responsible for the other features in the game.

    It's same as DA2 vs DA:O ... It's not a sequel. If it wasn't named a sequel ppl would have less issues with it. When developers take advantage of a glorified IP to release halfassed experimental game players get mad.
    On what you said about Jay Wilson: Pretty much spot on. Even from early builds of Diablo 3, you can see what Jay's actual influences were. Anyone else remember in the 20 minute demo they played years back, where he said quite specifically that they wanted gear to be important and they wanted the player to get meaningful gear from enemies? "What happened to that?" Is the question people hating on him should ask.

    As to Dragon Age 2 vs DA:O, I'm one of those people that really hated the sequel. It didn't feel like the same game, it was limited, repetitive, dull and uninteresting to me. However, I noticed the vast majority of people that bought Dragon Age 2 and hated it just stopped playing it after a while, branded it as money wasted, or got a refund and carried on with their day. The Diablo 3 community is stacked high of people that refuse to stop playing or complaining about the game, despite there being numerous alternatives available.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •