Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Make equipped items soulbound.

That way items won't be devalued like today. Basicly you can't sell items anymore unless stats are perfect. It sux but can be fixed. Make items you equipped soulbound. That way items will effectly be removed from the system and lead to increased prices overall.

As it is right now it's complete and utterly broken.

It'll lead to more crap and less good items on the AH, lower supply etc... just no.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You want the game to be more broken yeah no never.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    You want the game to be more broken yeah no never.
    How can it possibly be more broken that is right now? Items are getting more worthless day by day due to AH being overloaded.
    Last edited by mmoca0c62387e3; 2013-01-26 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zuluslayer View Post
    How can it possibly be more broken that is right now? Items are getting more worthless day by day due to this AH being overloaded.
    Vendor/salvage anything which isn't worth it, sell items cheaper on the AH etc. You'll just have to farm until you get an item actually worth something.
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Vendor/salvage anything which isn't worth it, sell items cheaper on the AH etc. You'll just have to farm until you get an item actually worth something.
    what? you think there is something wrong with the fact that items that used to cost 50m now cost 5, and items that used to cost 200m now cost 50m?

The shit is already stupid expensive as it is. What they should do is make it so crafted items are worth crafting so we arent just farming gold to try to buy a nice item off the AH.

drops must not suck, AH needs to go.

in-game trading is (was) FUN - getting an item via trade was actually as satisfying (if not more) as seeing it dropped.

AH blows, I fucking hate it.

Too bad it's here to stay ;(

Quote Originally Posted by Corayo View Post
    what? you think there is something wrong with the fact that items that used to cost 50m now cost 5, and items that used to cost 200m now cost 50m?

The shit is already stupid expensive as it is. What they should do is make it so crafted items are worth crafting so we arent just farming gold to try to buy a nice item off the AH.
    I just sold a ring for 300m, obviously there's still profit to be done. You complain about prices falling and items being expensive at the same time, if the former happens then the latter shouldn't be as big of a problem for you... profit?
    Last edited by Baracuda; 2013-01-26 at 03:15 AM.

I requested this feature for years leading up to D3 release. When they said something to the effect that Diablo is a trading game and implemented the auction house, I figured there was gonna be trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    drops must not suck, AH needs to go.

in-game trading is (was) FUN - getting an item via trade was actually as satisfying (if not more) as seeing it dropped.

AH blows, I fucking hate it.

Too bad it's here to stay ;(
    Your opinion, mine is AH is awesome and couldnt imagine going back to an old system like we had in diablo 2. Sorry you stuck in the past

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    Your opinion, mine is AH is awesome and couldnt imagine going back to an old system like we had in diablo 2. Sorry you stuck in the past
    don't be, i'm not ;p

and i don't think you ever played d2 quite frankly so you wouldn't know anyway.

That way items won't be devalued like today. Basicly you can't sell items anymore unless stats are perfect. It sux but can be fixed. Make items you equipped soulbound. That way items will effectly be removed from the system and lead to increased prices overall.

How is that even a good idea ? just cause you can't make a profit since you don't seem to put in effort to do so and "assume" any item you get should sell for alot... You should look at this from the other sides perspective IF you found a better item then the current you have wouldn't you want to make a profit for it as well as having someone else looking for "X" item to have the ability to buy it ?

I think you are right and I was surprised they didn't have such a thing when I picked up the game recently. Cause I've seen a lot of people that are planning to quit the game simply sell the gear of their current classes.

I mean its quite stupid really that you buy something, use it then re list it on the AH. There are no risks involved one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    don't be, i'm not ;p

and i don't think you ever played d2 quite frankly so you wouldn't know anyway.
    I played D2 for years and I hated its trading system. Items had no set value, and the only things worth anything were HR's or good gear pieces, as opposed to a stable currency. And if you wanted a specific item? Sit around in the chat room for hours spamming "WTB (item)" and such. So much fun, right?

AH just makes it easier to find what you're looking for, and easier to sell items to other players. No having to sit around in chat and spam for hours to get what you need.

I think most peoples' reason for hating the AH isn't the AH itself, but how the item system is designed in D3. In D2, the only good items were set items and uniques, with a few rares here and there. Whereas in D3, legendaries/set items aren't always the best, so there's a lot more variance in gear, thus more items that are good enough to be sold on the AH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    Make AH bought items soulbound.

This is just a bad, bad idea.

No. This won't fix anything. It will actually make it worse.

It looks like you have problems farming gold, and you think that you'll be able to sell random crap you farm for more. But the truth is that the main resource of bad items is farming. Every 15 minutes an average farmer like you farms a new useless legendary and puts it on AH for 1m. Out of 100 crap legendaries on ah just one will actually sell. And when the player who bought it will get a better one and will try to resell it, there will be 100 more legendaries on AH because farmers like you will farm 100 more.
    The percentage of reselled low price items is negligible, because the amount of newly farmed low price items is insane. Making them soulbound won't solve anything at all.

But the amount of reselling of medium to high priced items is much higher. Because their drop rate is extremely low and they actually cost something. And making items soulbound means that you, an average casual farmer, would never be able to afford your shiny legendary with nice stats.

I pushed for making all items soulbound in d3 a couple years before release. I never trade in d2 and it makes for a better game.

They need a mechanic to remove gear from circulation. Soulbound is one idea. Another that ive seen and liked is to risk all the gear you are wearing to complete a special quest to get a special prize. The prize could be any number of things, like a special item, extra inventory or stash slots, special skills or spells, a boost to mf, or you get to pick.

You take the shot at completing the quest. If you succeed, you get the prize and all gear you wore to win it gets poofed.

I think the only time Blizzard really needs to make items account-bound is after they do an account restoration (it's an easy way to dupe high-value items). They're already done it on the Asia servers, they just need to also do it on the NA and Europe ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekira View Post
    Make AH bought items soulbound.
    Make it Account Bound, and I can somewhat agree with this. However I personally don't feel there's currently a problem that needs solving.