Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    That IS the definition of homosexuality in the West. The point is that sexuality is also a social construct and having sex with someone of your own gender is not necessarily "homosexual" in the way we think of it, as an opposite or alternate to heterosexuality. In many cultures it's part of the norm or just a developmental stage or a sign of friendship rather than lust, for example.
    Or perhaps those other cultures are simply "more homosexual". In Ancient Greece, literally every male was bisexual. I don't see any reason why we shouldn't call people who engage in homosexual activity because of culture homosexuals or bisexuals just because they were culturally influenced into doing it, and not on their own. It just means that the culture made them accept homosexual acts as something normal and then that premise made them capable of having romantic feelings for the same sex. Which Ancient Greeks certainly did have.

In Ancient Rome, as far as I'm aware, it was more of a case of them realizing gay sex is something pleasurable and then using that fact to just indulge in gay sex regardless of feelings. And we all know how much Ancient Romans were obsessed with sex and pleasure. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    really? can you give some links, I just want to see a source to this.
    I heard of rape being used as punishment, but never of sex being used as friendship - even straight people don't normally have sex with friends right?
    Go to wikipedia

Deleted
    If this was in the US it would've been blamed on old men in the white house.

But no, certain stupid fucks in this thread that were never in Russia OR don't know a fuck about my home country suddenly think that it's a authoritarian opressive corrupt country with no proper laws.

I'm rather suprised that mods don't take actions against country bashing against Russia. No, i'm fucking dissapointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    haha, there is plenty of reason to hate to, one of the main ones being the fact that we probably have the greatest output of hilariously bad music per capita in the world, be thankful people outside of scandinavia don't have to live with it, with a few exceptions, Basshunter(260 million youtube views rofl) and Günther(best troll in the world? lol) for example! ;P

Here is a good example

Also, more gay guys=more single girls for Bakis to ravage!
    I liked the first 10 seconds of it. The rest of it just reminded me of the song friday.

No, being sexually attracted to your own gender is the definition. Romantic feelings are not part of it.
    Someone else thinks this way besides me...?

I'm actually shocked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiz View Post
    I'm rather suprised that mods don't take actions against country bashing against Russia. No, i'm fucking dissapointed.
    You can report any posts that you have an issue with and they will be reviewed and infracted if that's deemed to be justified.

But no, certain stupid fucks in this thread that were never in Russia OR don't know a fuck about my home country suddenly think that it's a authoritarian opressive corrupt country with no proper laws.

Obama already came out in support of gay rights

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Someone else thinks this way besides me...?

I'm actually shocked.
    Personally, I think romantic feelings are the deciding factor when it comes to one's sexuality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Or perhaps those other cultures are simply "more homosexual". In Ancient Greece, literally every male was bisexual. I don't see any reason why we shouldn't call people who engage in homosexual activity because of culture homosexuals or bisexuals just because they were culturally influenced into doing it, and not on their own. It just means that the culture made them accept homosexual acts as something normal and then that premise made them capable of having romantic feelings for the same sex. Which Ancient Greeks certainly did have.

In Ancient Rome, as far as I'm aware, it was more of a case of them realizing gay sex is something pleasurable and then using that fact to just indulge in gay sex regardless of feelings. And we all know how much Ancient Romans were obsessed with sex and pleasure. xD
    Yeah true tho the opposite can also be true; for example, strict heterosexuality can be the outcome of cultural influences. Most primate studies show that there is no strict hetero/homosexuality so to assume that heterosexuality is the 'natural state' of humans might be shortsighted

15+ Year Old Account
    I wish i could be suprised, but when Russia makes the news for having problems with rainbow flags on milk possibly "turning kids gay", theyre pretty far behind still.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Personally, I think romantic feelings are the deciding factor when it comes to one's sexuality.
    I tend to leave romance out of my sexual preference. I mean it's a plus when its together however I won't exclude the female gender if there is a chance for love.

However it is very very unlikely for me to fall in love with a girl but I keep an open mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why dont they just give up already. Why fight a war you cant win. Im sick of hearing about this crap every time I turn on the TV or radio.

Deleted
    i'm against any form of homophobia and i think that only one right should be granted to homosexuals or etherosexuals, the right to reach happyness.
    Tho i'm personally against to what has been approved in France, i consider it a mistake.

10+ Year Old Account

Are you a gay man living in your own country? Are you able to even able to put yourself in there shoes about having there basic human rights oppressed.

Don't spout about nationalism when you know full well what this debate it about. If my own country had the same kind of oppressive view on a minority, I would accuse my government of the same kind of neglect and hold those accountable it the same.

Deleted
    Well if gay people have the right to protest, anti-gay people also have the right to protest. That's the entire point of democracy...right?

Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    Well if gay people have the right to protest, anti-gay people also have the right to protest. That's the entire point of democracy...right?
    Which equates protesting for basic human rights as protesting to deny them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Because people have a screwed up interpretation of where the moral line is drawn, they can't figure it out for themselves.. infact thats often where people who follow religious beliefs so emphatically can't tell right from wrong, so they need someone else to tell them.

Following what a religion tells you about acting like a good person, thats one thing, but if you are so lost without any morality or empathy for your fellow man, no amount of belief will make you better at it.

You're really brainwashed. Fuc*...
    S.H.

Deleted
    So? What's wrong with that?
    That law is banning homosexual propaganda, not your "gay rights".
    At least we don't have to listen about your shit every single day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Don't agree.
    Basic human rights shouldnt be denied to anyone.
    Anti-Gay is an inacceptable word, no one should be against another person (referring to the previous post)
    Protest against some resolutions changing homosexuals possibilities is anothe right, for or against them, whatever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Are you a gay man living in your own country? Are you able to even able to put yourself in there shoes about having there basic human rights oppressed.

Don't spout about nationalism when you know full well what this debate it about. If my own country had the same kind of oppressive view on a minority, I would accuse my government of the same kind of neglect and hold those accountable it the same.
    Where the fuck did i say that i support this bullshit law?

I'm simply saying that you people should stop bashing my home country, you would've done the same if i was dumb enough to say FUCK THE USA CORRUPT SHITHOLE NO JUSTICE RABLE RABle RABLE full knowing i am wrong.