Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    I am not looking for easy shortcuts or crying, I just foresaw couple issues that were related with valor points and was thinking that i dont think that is way to play this out. And like i said, all i want is guild starting raiding progress but still has people who sign up for raids and do the raids instead of cancelling them always.

But yeah, i probably need to just hit 470 and hope i see some starting guild recruiting.
    the amount of valor you need per item is quite fair i think, otherwise you will see people running around with ilevel 489+ all the time! lol.

Try and spend some gold on the two piece 476 and just hope for a lucky drop in LFR. My guild raids with ilevel 465 and the only reason we cancel is not cos not enough people are no good people, but just people having RL things going on.

i am currently on ilevel 487 and i only have 2 bought valors the rest are just LFR pieces.

Just have your mind set on what item you want and which faction you need to be revered with, that should make it easier to get through dailies, you dont have to do them all everyday.

I dont understand this, is this really how this works? But how did people started to raid pretty fast when mop came?
    I started raiding the first week MSV was out. For perspective, my guild killed Stone Guard, the first week, then Feng the second, and then Garajal and Spirit Kings each in a subsequent week.

I started with an item level in the 440s, as did my raidmates, and geared up with raid gear (and valor, but valor acquisition is indeed as slow as you describe). Of course, my guild didn't take me (and each other player) at that item level because we were famously awesome players; we just had no choice because that's as far as we got gearwise in the first week. Now, when we evaluate raid applicants, we have higher standards. It's too late in the expansion, for us, to take someone in there in half quest greens. You might just be SOL now that guilds can reasonably have higher standards than they could in the first couple weeks.

I am not looking for easy shortcuts or crying, I just foresaw couple issues that were related with valor points and was thinking that i dont think that is way to play this out. And like i said, all i want is guild starting raiding progress but still has people who sign up for raids and do the raids instead of cancelling them always.

But yeah, i probably need to just hit 470 and hope i see some starting guild recruiting.
    I personally feel they made a mistake linking VP-items and dailies the way they did, but there are several ways of gearing up, and multiple ways of impressing a guild during the application process.

Guilds will look at more than your itemlevel, if you present yourself in a way that lets them.
    Read this before submitting any applications.
    http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...Into-Any-Guild

That being said, just because you CAN get into a serious raiding guild with a well written application doesn't mean you should, find one that fits the amount of time your willing to spend improving your character, getting into a guild that's too serious will only waste your time and theirs.

For gearing, don't discount PvP items, capping your Conquest points every week will speed up your gearing process significantly, and 483 pieces are very good for a raider just starting out and obtaining them is not subject to any RNG drop chances etc.

Deleted
    Thanks for that link. But about pvp items, yeah conquest gear would boost my ilvl well, but its not feasible option to cap conquest points because i would have to run normal battlegrounds with pugs.

Right now its extremly easy to get gear enough to start raiding MSV normal. You can get full heroic gear + upgrade every piece and you will already have 471, then you can kill sha and get the quest for 476 boots + maybe loot if really lucky. But already with a ilvl of 471 you can start doing all 16 bosses in LFR which will probably give you some loot. In 5.2 they will even increase the loot drop in old LFR's to let you gear even faster. Ofc you can still do dailies for extra gear but there is no need to.

When first MoP came out everyone pretty much started doing MSV normal in 463 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    What raiding guild would want a person that doesn't do dailies?
    The kind who judge players based on group performance instead of solo performance?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you should apply to guilds, who are starting MSV normal instead of thinking better raiding guilds would want you. And you can EASILY get 470 within the first reset. Its just gonna cost alot of hours doing dungeons, dailies, proffessions, farming etc.
    Pure PvE items? Not unless you get extremely lucky in LFR.

463 from HCs and typically there are 2 476 Items available via crafting.

Deleted
    Vendor epics are there to fill slots you can't manage to get dropped in a raid, not to get fully geared. I got Ilvl472 2 days after I dinged 90 with 2LFR items and buying 1 item from AH (DMF trinket).

Please do tell how hard it is to get geared.

If you are a serious player there is no excuse for not having 471 ilvl from fully upgraded heroic gear in a few days maximum. Thats without any luck from Lfr, coins or crafting epic gear. You are just being lazy saying it will take weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprinky View Post
    If you are a serious player there is no excuse for not having 471 ilvl from fully upgraded heroic gear in a few days maximum. Thats without any luck from Lfr, coins or crafting epic gear. You are just being lazy saying it will take weeks.
    Do tell.. where do you get these items hmm?

Assume LFR & coins drops nothing.

W/O the access to 100K Gold there is no way you can boost your item level that fast, b/c you can't even buy a 489. (Since you can only have 1K valor)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    What raiding guild would want a person that doesn't do dailies?
    We have 3 groups in my guild.

I am currently in group 1, I only do dailies for the 90 lesser charms, but never really bothered with VP items, hence I have a high contrast on gear on me, from HC Empress mace to LFR boots and such. They have no problem with that.

We have a Pally in group 2, doesn't even do dailies for charms, he never had a bonus roll even, never done any dailies, one of the better pally I have seen. Group 2 only raid 1 night a week and is 9/16 HC.

You can EASILY get into a raid guild without any dailies or even gear at all as long as you are not completely retarded or you are trying to apply for world top 100. Any guild that is less than 12-14 HC down, you can apply without doing dailies and have the best gear, as long as you don't fail mechanics in raid.

It took me probably 3 weeks to get to 470 after hitting 90 with my most recent alt. Focus on DO rep, that gets you 496 gear. The boots from sha are 476. I got two upgrades from MSV LFR, which seemed about average. I didn't farm heroics endlessly to get a full set of 471, so that could get you there too. It won't be instant, but it's not meant to be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Do tell.. where do you get these items hmm?

Assume LFR & coins drops nothing.

W/O the access to 100K Gold there is no way you can boost your item level that fast, b/c you can't even buy a 489. (Since you can only have 1K valor)
    Upgrade your entire heroic set? I sometimes wonder if you guys ever bother looking shit up...as I said (granted I bought the DMF trinket) I got Ilvl472 1 day after I dinged 90 and that's with winning 2 LFR items which I'm pretty sure the Avg person get's over 16 bosses in LFR. I had 1 friend with me who I spammed heroics with for let's say 5-10 hours...I wasn't lucky with drops even. Even if you take 24 hours in total gametime to get 470...I think that's a fair amount of time to get "raidready".

Quote Originally Posted by Anetulan View Post
    It took me probably 3 weeks to get to 470 after hitting 90 with my most recent alt. Focus on DO rep, that gets you 496 gear. The boots from sha are 476. I got two upgrades from MSV LFR, which seemed about average. I didn't farm heroics endlessly to get a full set of 471, so that could get you there too. It won't be instant, but it's not meant to be.
    Don't give bad advice to people who want to get fast Ilvl...

SPAM HEROICS FOR 1 DAY NONSTOP AND YOU ARE 90% SURE ILVL470 THE DAY AFTER. That's all there is to, if people can't do that (even if they spread it over a week) than they are just moaning about getting free epics in mailbox as soon they ding 90.
    Last edited by mmoc6f961e454e; 2013-01-26 at 04:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Upgrade your entire heroic set?
    DERP.. you got me there. Totally forgot you could upgrade Blue stuff too.

Deleted
    On the current state of the game and on most guilds, you can get into a raiding guild just by having solo content gear with enchants and gems (to show you are a the minimum dedicated person) and saying you can raid 3 times a week minimum.

The problem is on some servers the people that actualy wants to raid its decreasing a lot and most guilds are desperate to have people raiding on a regular basis, gear is definately not an issue, its just a question of proving you are serious about raiding.

JUst do LFR, dungeons and get 463 gear, get the darkmoon trinket, get some enchants, read about your class and know what is reforging and you are good to go on the majority of raiding guilds out there with the exception of min/max top of the line hard-core guilds that go for heroic content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by knightpt View Post
    On the current state of the game and on most guilds, you can get into a raiding guild just by having solo content gear with enchants and gems (to show you are a the minimum dedicated person) and saying you can raid 3 times a week minimum.

The problem is on some servers the people that actualy wants to raid its decreasing a lot and most guilds are desperate to have people raiding on a regular basis, gear is definately not an issue, its just a question of proving you are serious about raiding.

JUst do LFR, dungeons and get 463 gear, get the darkmoon trinket, get some enchants, read about your class and know what is reforging and you are good to go on the majority of raiding guilds out there with the exception of min/max top of the line hard-core guilds that go for heroic content.
    This a lot. Recruiting for 3-4 months now and take for example a mage...we had so many mages on trial but all fail because they lack the input. An Ilvl490 mage that shows 1-2 out of 3 raid nights with 70k dps...it makes me fall in tears.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galad View Post
    Guilds will look at more than your itemlevel, if you present yourself in a way that lets them.
    Read this before submitting any applications.
    http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...Into-Any-Guild

That being said, just because you CAN get into a serious raiding guild with a well written application doesn't mean you should, find one that fits the amount of time your willing to spend improving your character, getting into a guild that's too serious will only waste your time and theirs.

For gearing, don't discount PvP items, capping your Conquest points every week will speed up your gearing process significantly, and 483 pieces are very good for a raider just starting out and obtaining them is not subject to any RNG drop chances etc.
    Yes Yes Yes, as a 25 man guild we always look at the player and application in the process, as you want someone who will stick with the guild, continue to try to improve, have the right attitude, asks question and give feedback.

Deleted
    Actually i kinda expect to raid very soon, because after my justise point upgrades there is no further reason to stick with 5mans anymore.

I will just do weekly lfr and wait till i see recruiment from starting guild. But someone here mentioned 30 minutes way to ilvl483 items, but thats probably trolling, unless he meant somekind of paid boost from hc guilds or something like that.
    He probably means the Sha of Fear in Kun-Lai, he can drop 483s, very small chance though as the 28.5g bag has a 95% drop chance. But he drops a guaranteed 476 boots item on your first kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    He probably means the Sha of Anger in Kun-Lai, he can drop 496s, very small chance though as the 28.5g bag has a 85% drop chance. But he drops a guaranteed 476 boots item on your first kill.
    Fixed it for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Fixed it for you.
    Oops that's right, except about the drop rate, I'm sure it's 95%.