Poll: What do you think?

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    New models+specs would be HIGHLY preferably over another class or race.

10+ Year Old Account
    New models only, adding new classes or new specs will drive blizzard INSANE with all the balancing they must do... just look at monks, they're a disaster. Plus new models is a big change already, maybe even bigger than adding a new class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    New models only, adding new classes or new specs will drive blizzard INSANE with all the balancing they must do... just look at monks, they're a disaster. Plus new models is a big change already, maybe even bigger than adding a new class.
    I really don't think that new models would be a strong selling point for the next expansion, considering most people expected them in this expansion. New races and/or new classes is a huge deal in WoW. You need something equivalent or people aren't going to be impressed. 4th spec is pretty equivalent to a new class or race.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    I love the idea, and most of the spec concepts you and others have put forward seem to me like they would breathe new life into the game. Having more varieties of healers and tanks is a Good Thing™ in my humble opinion. Will Blizzard think so? Probably not. But it's a happy dream.

The one thing that makes me snrk though, is the Ranger spec. A Healing Hunter? What is this, The Old Republic, where Commandos shoot you with love and happiness? {Seriously, that spec cracks me the fuck up, and so would Ranger. I just can't take it seriously.} That said, I absolutely goddamn *love* the idea of Marksman being a petless Hunter spec. Now that Hunters have no minimum range they have to stand at, I see no reason they couldn't have a petless spec.

I think, given the opportunity, I would make an Earth Warden and a Crusader; and I've already *got* a Demon Hunter, so you know I'd pick that spec in a heartbeat.

Screw new races, give us more new ways to enjoy the classes we have!

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't get where from this 4th spec wishes comes from, i really don't think so we need more tank / dps / healer / hybrid.

I would love more if they give you 4/5 talent choices each tier, not 3, this feels so weak :\
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Deleted
    Personally I feel the class situation is huge enough as it is. I dont feel we need more. And I certainly dont feel that the races needs to be able to use more classes. There's almost no restrictions in classes anymore(some races being able to be everything except one class). So a 4th spec or a total overhaul of the specs would be something I would like. But I don't think this is likely to happen.
    And hopefully the new models will be done before next expansion.

Please for the love of god bring in new character models. Also the idea for new character models has been around since Wotlk and even to some degree BC, they need to get off their lazy arses and get it done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    I don't get where from this 4th spec wishes comes from, i really don't think so we need more tank / dps / healer / hybrid.

I would love more if they give you 4/5 talent choices each tier, not 3, this feels so weak :\
    This idea is coming from people wondering what Blizzard is going to do in the next expansion since they put out a race and a new class. Usually it's one or the other. 4th spec appears to be a very logical alternative.

the game is unbalanced as it is and you want 10 new specs? and them to spend 9 more years trying to balance all of them? new models make sense, 4th spec does not.

To the OP, you never explained why you think Blizzard won't introduce a new class or race, so I'm going to have to assume it's because it'd be a lot of work.

Based on that assumption, you're saying 10 (excluding monk) more talent trees is less work than 3 (one new class).

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've always thought that "Time" as a Mage spec was a dumb idea. All of the Time spells in the game have always been classified as Arcane magic. You're going to give the class TWO Arcane Specializations?

No, if Mage is going to get a new spec, there is only one thing they should get. Necromancers. It would not make sense to give them to either Warlocks or Death Knights; Death Knights have the undead aspect, but not the spellcasting aspect. Warlocks have the spellcasting aspect, but their power source has nothing to do with the undead. In the lore, Kel'thuzad, the first human Necromancer, was a mage first and foremost. Necromancy can be a dark art just as much as any other. and considering that MANY mage spells are either spec-specific or morph to match the spec in question (aka Mage Bomb), it could pan out to be a very interesting spec that is MUCH more grounded in lore than "Time." If they're going to add more Time spells, keep them Arcane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry I don't have time to read this whole thread so if I repeat someones thoughts I apologize in advance.

I think you should have had more options in the poll. IMO it's going to either be a new race for horde and alliance with updated models for the old ones. Or another neutral race that could choose horde or alliance like the Pandaren(also with updated character models for old races). The only reason I don't think they would add 4 specializations or a new class is because it would be so much MORE BALANCE. Players already QQ enough about how things aren't going in the direction they want their class to go in so doing something that drastic would lose alot of subs IMO. We'll have to wait untill after the next xpac for another class/4 specializations. TBC added a race for horde and alliance. WotLK added a new class. Cata brought a race for horde and alliance. MoP brought a neutral race with a new class. So with this pattern it's likely the next xpac will be a neutral race + updated character models, it will even out the existing pattern.

ALSO Blizzard made druid into a 4 specialization class because they have ALWAYS been able to play all 4 roles well. You could actually choose different talents in the Feral tree to make yourself a MDPS or a tank. No other class was made like that intentionally by Blizzard to be viable even though shockadin and other tweaked specs could be during vanilla-bc.

So yeah, a new race for horde and alliance + updated character models. OR another neutral race + updated character models.

Deleted
    I like your ideas, though I hope the Monk gets the Blademaster^^ (just a personal preferation)
    I also agree, that it is a good idea to give every class a 4th spec. Make everyone into a hybrid. Just makes it easier to help your raidgroup.

The thing with the warbanner, well I would like to see it as a item like the cloak, just with the Flag on the bag. Or bagpacks. Other games already did that, and with a little bit tuning, it could look good in wow too, since there are npcs with those banners.

Maybe they should use class specs or role quests to give special transmog sets. Like rogues, warriors, monks, maybe death knights, can do a quest as melee, and as a reward you get a transmog set. for example the blademaster set, with a flag as cloak, and instead of a helmet you get a necklace of orbs. But that should be a quest like the wration questline. long, there needs to be put effort into it.

Also there should be more transmo quests or sets; Warcraft 3 gives a lot of examples.

Druids dont get a 4th talent spec as we got feral and guardian split like it should of been a long time ago? Ofc off top of my head i cant think of anything a druid could need in "5th" spec but because we have 2 specs split dont mean we have 4 :P well.. it does xD but we should get a new spec to! maybe err.. melee magic dealer. Maybe give us the Shoot stars nelfs had :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    the game is unbalanced as it is and you want 10 new specs? and them to spend 9 more years trying to balance all of them? new models make sense, 4th spec does not.
    Yeah, because Blizzard resets the balance every expansion anyway. So it doesn't matter what they add to the game.

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 10:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by soulzek View Post
    To the OP, you never explained why you think Blizzard won't introduce a new class or race, so I'm going to have to assume it's because it'd be a lot of work.

Based on that assumption, you're saying 10 (excluding monk) more talent trees is less work than 3 (one new class).
    Mainly because they already introduced a race and a class in MoP at the same time. I figure that Blizzard would want some time to give Pandarens and Monks a chance to get settled into the game before adding something brand new.

Hence why I believe 4th specs would be the best option.

Crappy poll options like always.

I doesn't make sense at all, it would be actually quite weird an expension without a new class or race.

however, I would love every class to get a 4th spec and new models.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhozul View Post
    I've always thought that "Time" as a Mage spec was a dumb idea. All of the Time spells in the game have always been classified as Arcane magic. You're going to give the class TWO Arcane Specializations?

No, if Mage is going to get a new spec, there is only one thing they should get. Necromancers. It would not make sense to give them to either Warlocks or Death Knights; Death Knights have the undead aspect, but not the spellcasting aspect. Warlocks have the spellcasting aspect, but their power source has nothing to do with the undead. In the lore, Kel'thuzad, the first human Necromancer, was a mage first and foremost. Necromancy can be a dark art just as much as any other. and considering that MANY mage spells are either spec-specific or morph to match the spec in question (aka Mage Bomb), it could pan out to be a very interesting spec that is MUCH more grounded in lore than "Time." If they're going to add more Time spells, keep them Arcane.
    I couldn't disagree more. Time magic is much more grounded in lore for Mages than Necromancy. There's also the other issue that Necromancy is covered pretty well by DKs, and Warlocks. I don't really think that Time being related to Arcane magic is a huge deal.

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 05:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by evdawg6543 View Post

So yeah, a new race for horde and alliance + updated character models. OR another neutral race + updated character models.
    I don't think that a neutral race and new character models really cuts the mustard. Also what would the new races be? I mean there's possibly Ogres, but beyond that, I don't see a lot out there race-wise.

I would love to see this happen, but can already see the complaining.

"We rogues only have 3 dps builds, and 1 tank build but mages can heal and palladin can do everything and it's not fair...Q_Q"

Guild Leader of Imperium in GW 2

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Surea View Post
    I would love to see this happen, but can already see the complaining.

"We rogues only have 3 dps builds, and 1 tank build but mages can heal and palladin can do everything and it's not fair...Q_Q"
    Rogues wanna heal? Acupuncture rogues?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weirdbear View Post
    Rogues wanna heal? Acupuncture rogues?
    Yeah I agree. I think most players would understand if their class of choice doesn't get a healing or tanking spec.