Page 35 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    you have the religions of the world to thank for racism and hypocrites and wars

do you believe in god? NO...bang dead
    do you believe in god? YES... do you believe in my god? NO ...bang dead

look through history and you will see the belief in a religion has caused more racism hatred death and persecution than any one thing.

Racism is a very bad thing. No one want to feel the hate of people.

OP, you answered your own question when you wrote, "I guess what it stems down to is being a realist that acknowledges some races are prone to violence, drugs, and general mayhem." THAT is racism. You are generalizing people based upon their race. What you wrote is not true. People are more prone to those things because of the environment they grew up in, not because they were born with a different skin color.

And to the person who said "everyone" is racist deep down, that is not true. It's been proven racism is a learned trait.

Image created by Brienna

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Nice generalization. Now, show us some proof to back up these claims?
    That's the second time you've intentionally misinterpreted my post. There won't be a third time.

Quote Originally Posted by Taiphon View Post
    Ah, care to support that claim?

The history of Africa is littered with enslavement, empires of conquest and black-black racism, spiced up with cannibalism - for thousands of years. Until about 1850, when the Europeans moved in and took over. At least by then Europeans tried to suppress the slave trade and cannibalism.
    Proof of this first sentence please. Something irrefutable that demonstrates that these things were carried out throughout most of the continent, as you are implying. I'll wait.
    Last edited by Booshman; 2013-01-29 at 12:51 PM.

For ppl that don't now, racist is some thing u hate! It can be a race, politic and religon and yes u can be racist to ur own skin. And i,m a racist, cuz a hate blue ppl, they fuck My brain all the time!

Ah, care to support that claim?

The history of Africa is littered with enslavement, empires of conquest and black-black racism, spiced up with cannibalism - for thousands of years. Until about 1850, when the Europeans moved in and took over. At least by then Europeans tried to suppress the slave trade and cannibalism.
    Yeah, I always like that. Seems many have forgotten that African slaves were not simply swept away, they were often sold by tribal leaders (ie other Africans).

Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    [white people, ed] acknowledging the bad things they've done.
    Psst! All those black slaves that were shipped by white people to the Americas, were actually captured and sold by other blacks.

You see, Africans don't consider themselves "black". They feel themselves Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo, Ijaw, Ibibio, Kanuri, Annang, Etsako, Tiv, or Efik - those are just the main ethnic groups from Nigeria.

And people from one of those groups had no scrupules about enslaving people from any of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Yeah, I always like that. Seems many have forgotten that African slaves were not simply swept away, they were often sold by tribal leaders (ie other Africans).
    Or they simply know that African Slavery (by and large) was nothing more than indentured servitude. And that their actions have nothing to do with what white people (who went there looking for them) did to slaves once they had them.

i love how people associate racism to just one thing AKA black people when in fact it covers a multitude of things

black people call us white and white people call blacks all sorts but yet you look a white person...first we are born and we are blue then white then spend time money to go brown and then we die and go blue and black, when you look at it this way a white man has no right to call anyone out on colour alone.

racism has no place but it will always be there while the human race AKA the biggest virus that exists is alive

Psst! All those black slaves that were shipped by white people to the Americas, were actually captured and sold by other blacks.

You see, Africans don't consider themselves "black". They feel themselves Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo, Ijaw, Ibibio, Kanuri, Annang, Etsako, Tiv, or Efik - those are just the main ethnic groups from Nigeria.

And people from one of those groups had no scrupules about enslaving people from any of the others.
    Actually, that's completely false. They refer to themselves by their ethnic affiliation first, then race immediately second. Having lived in Lagos, Lekki, and Abuja for a few years, I can tell you that you're another white poster who talks out of their rear, while confusing personal theories as "fact".

Or they simply know that African Slavery (by and large) was nothing more than indentured servitude. And that their actions have nothing to do with what white people (who went there looking for them) did to slaves once they had them.
    Yeah, they sold these people who they technically had no ownership of over to people of another race to be sailed thousands of miles away, they're definitely ok people.

Yeah, they sold these people who they technically had no ownership of over to people of another race to be sailed thousands of miles away, they're definitely ok people.
    That wasn't even a response to what I said. Try again. This time don't knee-jerk and confuse a Red-Herring for a legitimate rebuttal. And despite your attempt at snark, you didn't refute anything I said. You just whipped out the incredulity based logical fallacy and thought that you were on to something.
    Last edited by Booshman; 2013-01-29 at 01:00 PM.

well racists have just as much right to express their opinions as everyone else, the problem with racism is that it is about something that a person cant do anything about which is their skin color or a person being inferior bcoz of their skin color which is utterly stupid coz we cant choose the parents that births us nor can we choose the skin color that we have and if you're going to dislike a person, the least you can do is making it about the person's personality like normal ppl and not something as stupid as a person's skin color.

the problem i have is with the ppl(which tends to be primarily black ppl) that claim they cant be racists or the black ppl that are against interracial couple coz if the white ppl say that the white person in an interracial relationship are racists then the same must be true for the black ppl that think the black person should stick with his own "kind", its that kind of hypocracy that annoys the hell out of me.

That wasn't even a response to what I said. Try again. This time don't knee-jerk and confuse a Red-Herring for a legitimate rebuttal.
    Actually, it was a response to you but in your pseudo-intellectual defense mechanism you dismissed it because you didn't have an actual response. See? Two can play at that game ^.^

There's a difference between being wary of some black kid dressed like a gangster with a rag hanging out of his pocket and seeing a black guy dressed in a nice suit and thinking he must have bought it with drug money. The first is simply working from what you know statistically and from the appearance they present, everyone does that, the second is coming up with a completely unrelated conclusion to the information provided you and is more along the lines of racism.
    I tend not to look at at someone's race but more of how they dress. Still that isn't always an indication of the person underneath said dress. When you work retail, you discover the cute old grannies with walkers who are thieves and are shop lifting. So in the end, the story we are told as children is true. Don't trust strangers! It has more to do with where people are brought up then how they dress and what they look like, but we don't know where they lived as a kid, or anything about them so there is no way to tell about someone.

I honestly think racism is part instinct. In the past people would rarely leave the county they grew up in, their whole lives. Only a few people would leave go other places, but usually for the most part you grew up in the same general area you were born. Guess what, everyone would look like you. Everyone would have the same culture and same background. If someone looked different or had a different culture it may not be good thing. The farther you go back in history, the worse it would be. There was no outside government stopping people for ransacking your city. Strangers could very be your death. Does racism belong in our current culture? No, but there may be a reason as to why it is there and so hard to get rid of.

Considering the criteria of being racist these days, I'd say no.

Actually, it was a response to you but in your pseudo-intellectual defense mechanism you dismissed it because you didn't have an actual response. See? Two can play at that game ^.^
    Translation: I know you are but what am I?

In the most basic sense, you're right. It was "a response". Just one that didn't respond to the context of my post. Unless you can point where I said that they were "ok" people? It seems like you projected your use of your own defense mechanism on to me. Clever.
    Last edited by Booshman; 2013-01-29 at 01:07 PM.

Here's the thing, I admit i'm a bit racist. But only in large groups. I don't think I've ever met a black guy by himself that wasn't as nice to me as I was to him. It's something altogether different when I have had the unfortunate experience of coming up on them in large groups. I think it is mainly to do with the way groups of people operate in general, because you always have the one or two bad seeds in a group that change the dynamic of the group as a whole.

But If that makes me racist to the point of me being called an idiot simply because I've experienced it enough times to have that ingrained in me, then so be it.

no one is hitting the point of the human base instinct it to distrust anything what is not normal to you or you're tribe an no matter how evolved we think we are we are still tribal by nature and we are all products of the environment we are raised in.

in the deep south blacks have a hate for whites and for good reason
    in the broncs whites hate black and for good reason

again we are tribal and products of the environment we are raised in.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Look at the title. There is nothing to discuss. All it is is the OP trying to justify being an idiot and an asshole. Everyone is HUMAN. That is what race we are. Anyone who puts THE HUMAN RACE into any other group then THE HUMAN RACE just shows that they aren't very bright.
    It's human to stereotype.

The important thing is not to act on your stereotypes.
    To declare that a personal, inner experience gives certainty about the workings of the universe is to assign far too much value to one’s subjective sense of conviction.
    I’m not that arrogant.

The brain, marvelous instrument though it is, isn’t infallible. It can misfire, seize or hallucinate, and it can do so in a way that’s utterly indistinguishable from reality to the person experiencing it.