Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
14
54
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Racism is not a big deal?

    Racism is a very serious subject and should never be taken lightly.

    Check out where racism lead us during WWII and then come back and tell us one more time how it's not a big deal!
    History is there to learn from it, so that we won't repeat the same mistakes again!

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    Ehh, attacking you as a person has nothing to do with racism since he isn't attacking your race.
    zzzzzzz

    It was his exact definition - I am very aware of what racism is.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by AcrobaticMegalodon View Post
    If a particular race is more prone to violence etc, is it a cultural problem or is it genetic?

    There is no scientific evidence to suggest the latter, so the first option is most likely correct. But if you still think the latter, then you're unjustifiably a racist.

    But if it's a cultural problem, what is fueling it? Perhaps a certain race has a harder time to get a job etc because of prejudice and racism?

    Do you see where I'm going here?
    not either of those,

    Whether you notice it or not, the planet we call home also supports incalculable life, ranging from the tiniest of microscopic bacteria to the largest of towering trees. Each living organism occupies a specific niche in its environment. Still, survival comes at a cost in our world where resources such as food and space are often limited.

    This is where adaptation -- when an organism becomes better matched with its current environment -- comes into play. In general, adaptations can be structural (meaning an organism undergoes bodily changes to survive) or behavioral (when a specific behavior increases an organism's chances of survival).

    Adaptations, such as birds migrating south for the winter or animals using tools to forage for food, occur at the individual and population levels, as we'll learn later on.

    So what causes organisms to adapt?

    Environmental factors -- including competition for resources, predation, infectious diseases, climate and seasonality -- play a large role. As we learn more about how life adapts to its environment, we'll discover that some adaptations occur in a few generations whereas others take many generations to fine-tune.

  4. #64
    Bloodsail Admiral nevermore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,022
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    Has nothing to do with. They grow up in culture where these things are cool. It's cool to ditch school, smoke buds, slang rocks, pimp ho's, etc. Being poor has nothing to do with it. Made up so liberal whites feel better about themselves. I've lived in the "hood" and trust me the youngsters aren't sitting around saying "damn this society is so hard to live, I'm gonna go break into a house". It's not how it works. They want the money from the video's not the money you earn when you go to college for 4 years rack up 30-60k of loans and only make 45k/yr.

    Europeans might have a different view cause honestly I don't think their black communities are half as bad as they are in US. Just google ghetto fights for about 5mins and you get a REAL view of what its like instead of fake unreal view you possess.
    You describe WHAT is happening, even though the post you replied to deals with the question WHY.
    Of course the little black kids in the ghetto won't have that thought process, they just do what they learned from the people around them. However, it's a result of a dozen different socio-economic factors.
    Poverty breeds crime. Crimes committed by non-white people lead to more racism towards them. Racism reduces the chances of non-white people breaking out / succeeding in life, which perpetuates their worse economic status. Repeat till infinity.
    It's a vicious circle. Saying that "black people commit 5x more crimes than whites, it's obviously because they have crime in their genes lolol" is the most retarded argument ever.
    Being poor has everything to do with it.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    People don't understand the definition of racism.

    Being scared of a group of black teenagers on a city block is not racism.

    Thinking you are superior to them because you are white is racism.
    Being scared because they are black is racism. Being scared because they are a group and acting like morons is not.
    to: preposition; used as a function word to indicate position, connection, extent, relation ~ too: adverb; also, very, excessively, so

  6. #66
    Mechagnome Raidboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Outlands
    Posts
    734
    I'm racist...all Orcs look the same and who in Azeroth would want green skin I mean come on what are they over grown leprechauns...

    GGG!!!

    Gangsta Gnome Guild!!!

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    I've done the forums things before on other sites and usually somewhere along the lines somebody will try to label me a racist. Over the years I've grown to accept it (dont really think I am though). I've never hurt somebody over race, hell I still hold a door open for somebody other than my race, I treat them absolutely the same irl but I am a lot more wary of some races compared to others. I guess what it stems down to is being a realist that acknowledges some races are prone to violence, drugs, and general mayhem. Don't really know what I'm trying to get out of this but I'm tired of others thinking racist people are bad. There is many degrees of racism, please don't lump all of us together and dismiss an individual so easily because he/she doesn't think like you.
    Can't help but think you're trying to get attention with your topic. However I'll answer your question: when you wrote " but I am a lot more wary of some races compared to others. I guess what it stems down to is being a realist that acknowledges some races are prone to violence, drugs, and general mayhem.". You're degrading the races instead of the culture itself. You say it's the person that is more violent, takes drug and create mayhem, while in fact it's the culture they're in and not the color of their skin/hair, or the country they were born in. You're not realist; you're close-minded and believe you're absolutely right. Your posts in this topic confirm what I am saying.

    In any case, yes it can be a big deal, simply because judging people based on things they cannot decide (like skin color) is idiotic. However I don't think it's wrong to judge someone on his way of thinking, as it is something you personally decide. Like to think races are more violent.

  8. #68
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    601
    racism is just another word for ignorance

  9. #69
    > Yes
    > Very yes

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    The point is that mostly, races within a society are mostly secluded into different social groups. So yes, you can often generalize people based on looks without being racist, because it has a basis in statistics.

    Example from Czech society:
    "I hate gypsies because everyone with darker skin is dumb." - Yes this is racist.
    "I always try to avoid gypsies because bands of them often go around beating up and robbing people." - This is the harsh truth, it's not racist, it's just a realist point of view. The PC people try to make this be racist, and that's bad, because it doesn't help solve the issue in any way.
    I agree, and I do not hate blacks/mexicans/asians but when I see a group of them that I know that are involved in the "gang culture" yeah that is where my racism comes out.

  11. #71
    Mechagnome Jaojin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Cabin
    Posts
    618
    If I see a kid who looks like a thug walkin' down the street; I will be wary of them. That's not racist, that's practical. If you dress like a thug that's the reaction you should expect, and it doesn't matter what color your skin is. If I put the blame for failures at work on a co-worker cause I just don't like them for some unspecified reason. That's racist; If you don't have a reason for not liking this person (and they aren't the sole cause of the failures), then it probably boils down to race. Otherwise you would know specifically what you don't like about them.

    So... If your a racist and didn't realize it, or have had a change of heart somewhere but are unsure how to stop, or if you just want to be sure that you are never the slightest bit racist; then you should identify that racism is based on stereotypes: Black people are violent, Hispanics are simple, White people are stupid, etc... Identify the stereotype and know that (even if it were true in some or even most cases) it's not true in all cases, and that this person your dealing with deserves to be judged based on their actions, thoughts, and beliefs and not the preconceived notion of other people who are similar. The world has mixed culture, heritage and religion so much that people who look like they would belong in one group could have backgrounds in any group, or a combination of groups.
    My girls: Karin, Haku, and Meimei

  12. #72
    The Lightbringer Deadvolcanoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    3,599
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    zzzzzzz

    It was his exact definition - I am very aware of what racism is.
    I actually think you have no idea what racism is, a lot of people in this thread don't.

    Saying "certain races are more likely to be violent," is either a factually correct, or factually incorrect, but its not racist.


    Racism: Racism is usually defined as views, practices and actions reflecting the belief that humanity is divided into distinct biological groups called races and that members of a certain race share certain attributes which make that group as a whole less desirable, more desirable, inferior or superior.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

  13. #73
    Titan Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    13,471
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    I agree, and I do not hate blacks/mexicans/asians but when I see a group of them that I know that are involved in the "gang culture" yeah that is where my racism comes out.
    So a group of whites don't bother you? I mean what the fuck do you call the bikers?

  14. #74
    The Insane Didactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Blorch - Home of the Slaughtering Rat People
    Posts
    15,953
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    I actually think you have no idea what racism is, a lot of people in this thread don't.

    Saying "certain races are more likely to be violent," is either a factually correct, or factually incorrect, but its not racist.


    Racism: Racism is usually defined as views, practices and actions reflecting the belief that humanity is divided into distinct biological groups called races and that members of a certain race share certain attributes which make that group as a whole less desirable, more desirable, inferior or superior.
    It's racist if you believe that the violence owes to some difference in race rather than the socioeconomic conditions typically surrounding persons of said raid.
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    - Thucydides

    There is a modern myth that people have always tended towards democracy, constitutions, electoral rights; but in truth, love of freedom has never been the predominant note of popular politics. At most times, popular demand has been for a strong government.
    - Eugen Weber

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    To me, if you find a Black Women (For example) not as a attractive as a White Women, that to me isn't racism... I think it is extremely stupid, closed minded and ignorant, but not racist.
    See this is the extreme. I prefer slim brunettes with long legs, that is what physically attracted me to my wife. Why would that make me close minded and ignorant. No offense but your statement is ignorant.

    Some people like blondes, brunettes, tall people, short people, big chests, small chests, athletic women, soft women etc etc.

    When people like you try to paint the extreme, you diminish the real problems by diluting them with silliness to make a point.
    Last edited by davesurfer; 2013-01-27 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Ipad fail
    "Peace is a lie"

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    If that is true aren't you being a racist with your own comment?
    not its not, he's saying he's a racist.
    if you say you stole something and i'll call you a thief... u see where i'm going with this?
    nice try on being a smartass mate, dont quit you day job.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    So a group of whites don't bother you? I mean what the fuck do you call the bikers?
    Nah for some reasons bikers have never worried me. I go to the Laughlin run almost every year for the last 25years and never once had a problem with a biker (and there is A LOT of mexican bikers too). I was there in Laughlin (not at Harrahs tho) when the big brawl between bandidos and hells angels broke out, so yes I do know they can be violent as well it just is not the same to me.

  18. #78
    The Unstoppable Force RICH816's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Portsmouth, UK
    Posts
    20,585
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Please. The worst gypsies will do is steal your sheets off the line.
    Where are you from?

  19. #79
    The Insane Didactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Blorch - Home of the Slaughtering Rat People
    Posts
    15,953
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Where are you from?
    I'm from Sol III.
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    - Thucydides

    There is a modern myth that people have always tended towards democracy, constitutions, electoral rights; but in truth, love of freedom has never been the predominant note of popular politics. At most times, popular demand has been for a strong government.
    - Eugen Weber

  20. #80
    Mechagnome Neetz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    558
    A criminal is a criminal, the colour of their skin shouldn't matter. There is only one race and that is the human race.
    "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." - William Shakespeare

    ~ Sig and Avatar by Shyama <3 ~

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •