Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Åmbulance View Post
    I wasn't calling NJ sad, i was typing that sentence out, then saw NJ for your location. Not matter where you live, or where you hang out, to hear people talk like that to each other is sad. And obviously you don't live in the " most affluent" neighborhoods if you hear people talk like that. Or all the kids are just gang banging wannabes.

Where i live, i don't hear people calling each other racist names to greet each other, sorry we're a little more high class than that.
    Now I don't live in the most affulent neighborhood, like I said top 15% if you want 10 and 5% you have to go to Bergen county. I don't think it's "sad" I really don't care. I think it's kind of sad people care so much for hispanics calling each other spics, or blacks and whites and every other race saying nigga. Whites constantly bring up the argument "why can't I say nigga" yet I see whites say nigga... i see asians hispanics and so on and so forth say nigga so it's just not true here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    That's nice, but we were talking about racism, remember?
    So what does racism have to do with hangings? When all colors were hung, or extreme views and or religions. So it pertains, even if you try to act like it doesn't.

That's nice, but we were talking about racism, remember?
    I like how he says "white criminals"

Slept with a white woman back in the day and you may get lynched....

---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 12:45 PM ----------

So what does racism have to do with hangings? When all colors were hung, or extreme views and or religions. So it pertains, even if you try to act like it doesn't.
    Criminals being lynched for being... criminals is one thing blacks being lynched because of racial motivations, is a completely different issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post

Yes, because they go around hanging non criminals, also back during those times. It was illegal for blacks men to sleep with white women. Not saying i agree with the law, but it was a stupid law back then, and was enforced. but to say only black people were hung is being dumb.

"what does racism have to do with hangings?"

You might have read in a history book or another that lynching was often a preferred solution to people who had the audacity to wear the wrong color skin.

Yes, there are other people who have been hanged, and I have heard there MIGHT even have been other people who have been killed because reasons. So what? We're talking about racism.
    Still bitter.

Yes, because they go around hanging non criminals, also back during those times. It was illegal for blacks men to sleep with white women. Not saying i agree with the law, but it was a stupid law back then, and was enforced. but to say only black people were hung is being dumb.
    The reason why lynching is considered a black thing is because many blacks were lynched and it became a signal. Did you forget when the whole racist thing was happening and people kept hanging nooses around a few years ago? Like racist whites were doing this across the country a few years ago.

The reason why lynching is considered a black thing is because many blacks were lynched and it became a signal. Did you forget when the whole racist thing was happening and people kept hanging nooses around a few years ago? Like racist whites were doing this across the country a few years ago.
    Sorry, i don't see a noose and think " welp it's time to hang a N word". Yes the country accent is neccessary for that. Maybe that's why i'm having a hard time as it being a racist symbol, but i guess i can see where you two are coming from.

Sorry, i don't see a noose and think " welp it's time to hang a N word". Yes the country accent is neccessary for that. Maybe that's why i'm having a hard time as it being a racist symbol, but i guess i can see where you two are coming from.
    The noose is similar to the swastika in this regard. It's used for other things but insults certain people. When someone starts painting swastikas you know it's anti-semetic when someone starts hanging nooses around you know it's likely racist.

but to say only black people were hung is being dumb.
    Nobody said so.

Why do people associate being hung as a black only execution? The Witches of Salem say hello, so do most of the white criminals of the old west.
    White " criminals " of the old west... The blacks were hung because they were black not because they were criminals, and the black ones are the most recent in occurrence; up until the late 60s.

---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 01:01 PM ----------

* Implying that sleeping with a white woman invalidates due process of law *
    Synek - best rogue in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I don't think I know what the acronym "tsg" is. It's not RBG's or Arena, random battlegrounds, or any form of dungeon or raid that I can think of. What does it mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    White " criminals " of the old west... The blacks were hung because they were black not because they were criminals, and the black ones are the most recent in occurrence; up until the late 60s.

My Grandmother was raised during that time. She remembers the whole water fountain thing and having to not look at the white people because they may get angry and try to hurt her. It really confuses me when people act as though everything ended with slavery as though the civil rights movement never existed. Is it so surprising when some black people may not like certain thigns because of the past, especailly when there are living relatives who were alive during those times, who likely weren't to fond of whites for their own hardships and may have passed that off to their children. My grandmother however ended up with a white man from spain so this never happened with me; however, it's not like it's uncommon or as though it can't happen, give it 2 or more generations.
    Last edited by Themius; 2013-04-21 at 05:08 PM.

---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 12:45 PM ----------

Criminals being lynched for being... criminals is one thing blacks being lynched because of racial motivations, is a completely different issue.
    Being racist as they were back in the day, white women wouldn't have slept with a black man on consensus. If often implied rape, and that is punishable even today. But yeah, as I said, just jump to the "it's racism" conclusion cuz it's the easiest thing to do, never mind any other explanation.

White people being beaten to near death because of racial motivation is the same, so yeah....when will you finally get it that racism can go both ways?

Just stop, while i get what the other two were saying, now you are just pushing it. MOST people were void of due process, and if they were given a trial by jury, or judge. It was usually an already set outcome, regaurdless of race.

You poor guy. You got called racist? That's like the worst thing ever. That's got to be at least as bad as being lynched. You're such a victim.
    You're such a tool. In that case, no black man on this earth has the right to be offended by the N word, because that's not being lynched. Does that sound about right to you? Being called racist just because you're white is an act of racism in itself. Racism is not something only white people can be, get it in that thick skull of yours already.

" Well, what else could we do? He was hopeless. I'm no bully; I never hurt a nigger in my life. I like niggers—in their place—I know how to work 'em. But I just decided it was time a few people got put on notice. As long as I live and can do anything about it, niggers are gonna stay in their place. Niggers ain't gonna vote where I live. If they did, they'd control the government. They ain't gonna go to school with my kids. And when a nigger gets close to mentioning sex with a white woman, he's tired o' livin'. I'm likely to kill him. Me and my folks fought for this country, and we got some rights. I stood there in that shed and listened to that nigger throw that poison at me, and I just made up my mind. 'Chicago boy,' I said, 'I'm tired of 'em sending your kind down here to stir up trouble. Goddam you, I'm going to make an example of you—just so everybody can know how me and my folks stand.'
    J. W. Milam, Look magazine, 1956 "
    I don't think I know what the acronym "tsg" is. It's not RBG's or Arena, random battlegrounds, or any form of dungeon or raid that I can think of. What does it mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    You're such a tool. In that case, no black man on this earth has the right to be offended by the N word, because that's not being lynched. Does that sound about right to you? Being called racist just because you're white is an act of racism in itself. Racism is not something only white people can be, get it in that thick skull of yours already.
    Well except for the whole fact that racism against black people is actually a thing with big impacts still felt today, and using racial epithets enforces this. You know, if you ignore reality you're totally right! ^.^
    Still bitter.

This. I loved how i was called a racist by fellow black employees during the 2008 election because i stated i was voting for McCain, based on beliefs of both candidates.

But when they stated they were voting for Obama because " bout time to have a brotha in the White House" Is not racist, it's " pride".

Institutionalized Racism is something only white people have been capable of in this country for the longest amount of time.

---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 01:20 PM ----------

This. I loved how i was called a racist by fellow black employees during the 2008 election because i stated i was voting for McCain, based on beliefs of both candidates.

But when they stated they were voting for Obama because " bout time to have a brotha in the White House" Is not racist, it's " pride".
    If that is exactly how your whole encounter went, then it is called ignorance; get over it.

Institutionalized Racism is something only white people have been capable of in this country for the longest amount of time.

---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 01:20 PM ----------

If that is exactly how your whole encounter went, then it is called ignorance; get over it.
    " Get over it", so can i use that line when blacks talk about racism in their life? Just wanna make sure we are straight here.

Being racist as they were back in the day, white women wouldn't have slept with a black man on consensus. If often implied rape, and that is punishable even today. But yeah, as I said, just jump to the "it's racism" conclusion cuz it's the easiest thing to do, never mind any other explanation.

White people being beaten to near death because of racial motivation is the same, so yeah....when will you finally get it that racism can go both ways?
    Are you off your head? How the fuck do you think the push for interrational marriage came from?! It was because whites and blacks had relationships!