Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by loganroth51 View Post
    Broxigar hands down. But I may be a bit biased since he is my favorite character from the all the lore, such a badass!

He wounded a Titan for fucks sake!
    Wounded is an exaggeration! A paper cut is more appropriate!

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn people you can hate Garrosh all you want but denying he's a good warrior is just bullshit. Not the best, but pretty damn up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dybia View Post
    Anduin's plot armor aside, what great accomplishments and feats of strength and prowess should put Garrosh in the ranks of Azeroth's strongest Warriors? His moping in Garadar for nearly 30 years? His stupid strategies in Northrend that just consisted of 'just kill the alliance to win' to secure ports after his fortress was built in an isolated area their ships couldn't break the ice to get to? Ooh, how he picked up that orc that wasn't resisting and dropped him off a cliff? How he kicked that one orc Saurnok into a bonfire? Calling Sylvanas a bitch?
    Stupid strategies in Northrend? One of the main bullet points of Garroshes biography is the fact that he returned from Northrend as a HERO. He was praised as an amazing general, and most likely this lead to Thralls terrible decision to appoint him as a Warchief. This is Garrosh is a nutshell - he is a great strategist and warrior, but not a great leader.

And the fact that you don't see him doing anything in Northrend? Well, of course, just like Thrall, sitting for 3 expansions on the throne without even changing positions and leavin it 2 times clearly shows what exactly what he was doing this whole time.

Tirion foodring pew pew

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sony View Post
    He survived the onslaught of thousands of demons. Either it was his courage and skills, or just the Axe?

Please, going by your logic, everyone out there is nothing without their weapon. But the fact that they are legends even without the weapons.
    Maybe so, but I can't imagine Broxigar getting the reputation he has without the axe he was given. I'm not syaing he wasn't good, far from it, but if you put that axe in a few other elite warriors hands I wouldn't mind betting they could do the same thing. Varian especially if he never runs out of stamina.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Thing is though, a human wouldnt go 1v1 against an orc. Orcs = about 2 humans in strength.
    That isn't true tbh. According to Pandaria Cinematic Human Marine fight with orc as equal. Also Doomhammer was able to defeat Lothar because he was quite old already, and still got alot of trouble.

The crappy comics and novels are not part of my headcanon so I do not accept Varian as anything other than the current King of Stormwind who may or may not be any good in a fight.

Greatest warrior is just the one who gets lucky and wins the fight really.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    1 - thrall is no longer a warrior. he gave up on his warrior half to become a full shaman. that's why he doesn't wear plate armor anymore;
    Thrall was never a warrior, he's a Far Seer (ie a Shaman). He can wear plate because we're talking lore here so individual characters can wear whatever they want. In this case it was the armor of Orgrim Doomhammer I believe.

---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 11:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by loganroth51 View Post
    Broxigar hands down. But I may be a bit biased since he is my favorite character from the all the lore, such a badass!

He wounded a Titan for fucks sake!
    Yeah exactly... I refuse to accept that this garbage is canon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Thrall was a slave (duh) and was a pit fighter/gladiator for a time
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

One of the things that always kinda bothered me about warriors in WoW - What good is any warrior against a magician? Azerothian warriors must have some kind of magic that's not in the lore. A fireball to the face, being electrocuted multiple times, or a half dozen magical wasting diseases would take out any warrior. At least paladins have the protection of the light

Saurfang--- he's also the most experienced in war, hes basically the only character in all the lore to experience EVERY war in Warcraft. Also, the only person to lead a joint alliance/horde army, during the Aq war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    The crappy comics and novels are not part of my headcanon so I do not accept Varian as anything other than the current King of Stormwind who may or may not be any good in a fight.
    Just because the comics aren't part of the canon in YOUR head doesn't mean they are not canon, which they are, all of them, even the ones about med'an.

---------- Post added 2013-01-30 at 12:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    Thrall was a slave (duh) and was a pit fighter/gladiator for a time
    half his life infact.

If Thrall can suddenly magically transform into "The most powerful Shaman on all Azeroth" with just a single pen-swipe from Metzen when introducing Cataclysm... why not Varian being the best Warrior? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    If Thrall can suddenly magically transform into "The most powerful Shaman on all Azeroth" with just a single pen-swipe from Metzen when introducing Cataclysm... why not Varian being the best Warrior? :P
    He's been the most powerful shaman for pretty much the entirety of WoW , they just emphasized it more in cata.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    1 - thrall is no longer a warrior. he gave up on his warrior half to become a full shaman. that's why he doesn't wear plate armor anymore;

2 - apparently, from wolfheart, lo'gosh's spirit gives varian infinite stamina, which means he never grows tired. he can sprint crossing kalimdor from west to east with easy. it doesn't appear to give him any other type of super power.
    I'd say that's a super power.

Quote Originally Posted by JDarkslayerx View Post
    turaylon says hi too and the alliance wins the second war
    didn't kill Orgrim. and what does that have to do with the discussion?

---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 05:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    That isn't true tbh. According to Pandaria Cinematic Human Marine fight with orc as equal. Also Doomhammer was able to defeat Lothar because he was quite old already, and still got alot of trouble.
    in the panda cinematic it shows the human out smarting and out maneuvering the orc, which is if they can match up that way that's all fine by me. but if that orc got his hands on him, then....
    Last edited by Sky High; 2013-01-30 at 01:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say infinite stamina is a pretty damn good super power lol. Basically means he can wear plate armor with zero of the downsides.

Quote Originally Posted by Dybia View Post
    He beat Cairne because of poison
    I'm going to have to stop you right there.

Garrosh defeated Cairne fairly. Garrosh intended to let Cairne live because he had too much respect for Cairne to intentionally kill him, despite agreeing to a mortal dual. Leaving Garrosh wounded and defeated, it was the poison he was unaware of that actually killed him. He won the duel, the death was purely accidental.

ITT, peoples arguing about lore that they don't know about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    I'm going to have to stop you right there.

Garrosh defeated Cairne fairly. Garrosh intended to let Cairne live because he had too much respect for Cairne to intentionally kill him, despite agreeing to a mortal dual. Leaving Garrosh wounded and defeated, it was the poison he was unaware of that actually killed him. He won the duel, the death was purely accidental.

ITT, peoples arguing about lore that they don't know about.
    I'll correct you there. In the fight, it was showing Cairne was the experienced warrior. Infact Golden make it very clear Cairne was winning, and all Garrosh got was one small cut on cairnes chest, which is what instantly poisoned him and allowed Garrosh an opening to bury gorehowl in cairnes chest.... OH GOD, I want siege NOW to bloody kill that walking turd!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrenos View Post
    One of the things that always kinda bothered me about warriors in WoW - What good is any warrior against a magician? Azerothian warriors must have some kind of magic that's not in the lore. A fireball to the face, being electrocuted multiple times, or a half dozen magical wasting diseases would take out any warrior. At least paladins have the protection of the light
    Warriors are like Shocktroopers. Imagine a massive, screaming, rage-fueled, warrior in heavy and magically reinforced armor charging straight at you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Thrall NEVER did anything significant to Archimonde. You could hardly call that Thrall injured Archimonde. Arch didn't even think Thrall and his orcs worth his time. Only things he thought as a threat to the legion are Malfurion and NEs. "You orcs are weak and hardly worth the effort! I wonder why Mannoroth even bothered with you!" Archimonde
    Are you serious, if your going to use a line from warcraft 3 make sure its not the same one where Archimonde admits Thrall hurt him.

---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 07:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I'll correct you there. In the fight, it was showing Cairne was the experienced warrior. Infact Golden make it very clear Cairne was winning, and all Garrosh got was one small cut on cairnes chest, which is what instantly poisoned him and allowed Garrosh an opening to bury gorehowl in cairnes chest.... OH GOD, I want siege NOW to bloody kill that walking turd!
    I'll also make sure you also have everything correct, Everything was right up to the point where you say what Garrosh did to Cairne he shattered his weapon into pieces so my bet was the battle was anyone game at that point. Cairne had less injuries but a very reduced reach now that his weapon was shattered, but Garrosh had injuries but his weapon would give him a good reach.
    Last edited by Susanoo; 2013-01-30 at 03:33 AM.