Voters
251. This poll is closed
  • Fit

62 24.70%
  • A little extra (5-10lbs)

115 45.82%
  • Baby got gut! (11-20lbs)

33 13.15%
  • Just leave that keg over here (20lbs+)

41 16.33%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    Are you trying to get this thread locked?
    A fat person can usually do something about their situation to change it. I'm overweight. If I got off my arse and excercised more and reduced my calorie intake enough, chances are I'd no longer be overweight.
    (That being said, I don't find fat people disgusting, but comparing a fat person to a gay person is pretty silly).
    That may be the case for you but it's not the case for everyone and to simply say "all fatties are disgusting" is extremely short sighted. It's because the argument being given is "well it's their opinion so it doesn't matter if they're being extremely rude" we could attribute that to homophobia and racism then. It's just how they think, doesn't matter if it's ignorant or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    That may be the case for you but it's not the case for everyone and to simply say "all fatties are disgusting" is extremely short sighted. It's because the argument being given is "well it's their opinion so it doesn't matter if they're being extremely rude" we could attribute that to homophobia and racism then. It's just how they think, doesn't matter if it's ignorant or not.
    So what? If people want to be ignorant, let them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocko9 View Post
    It isn't ignorant, it's their own opinion on what they find sexually attractive. There's absolutely no reason for anyone to be playing the victim in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocko9 View Post
    And I will point out their ignorance and their obtuse ideas. I don't find women sexually attractive.. I am not going to say "all women are disgusting"

And I will point out their ignorance and their obtuse ideas. I don't find women sexually attractive.. I am not going to say "all women are disgusting"
    It's about as "ignorant" as people disagreeing on their favorite colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    It's about as "ignorant" as people disagreeing on their favorite colors.
    Not quite, one takes a group of people and paints them all with one brush and calls them a derogatory term, disgusting.

Not quite, one takes a group of people and paints them all with one brush and calls them a derogatory term, disgusting.
    What part of personal sexual preference don't you get?

It isn't ignorant, it's their own opinion on what they find sexually attractive. There's absolutely no reason for anyone to be playing the victim in this thread.
    That's my point, I should have said if Themius thinks it's ignorant, then just let them be.

But you're going to say someone is ignorant and waste your time arguing what ignorance is with an possibly ignorant person... like an ignorant person?

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Pfft, the only question is "can you handle this much woman?"
    Well, we know you couldn't. You're too busy tanking Majad (where is he anyway? And quit encouraging me to go off-topic!)

As Rukentuts said earlier in the thread, there is a vast difference between finding someone unattractive and finding them repulsive. There's also a huge difference between sexual attraction and the image someone conveys in ordinary day-to-day interactions. Finally, there's a gigantic difference between quietly mentioning to your friend where no one else can hear that fat people disgust you, and yelling "Hey Fatty, go eat another Big Mac!" to someone as they walk down the street. You're taking everything to the extreme in your arguments.
    [22:14] <+Lia> And why is Ruken molesting trees?
    [22:14] <@Rukentuts> Because they give me wood.
    [22:14] <+Lia> ...
    [22:14] <+Lia> worst pun ever
    [22:15] * Rukentuts boughs.

What part of personal sexual preference don't you get?
    What part of respect do you not understand? If I didn't really like hispanic guys sexually saying all hispanic guys are disgusting is insulting. Then saying "oh no it's okay because it's my opinion that they're disgusting"

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm overweight, my wife is overweight. We're both married for almost 12 years and have 2 kids. And for me she is still the most attractive woman I know. And guess what, I'd rather be with a blob that has an awesome personality and whose sociopolitical ideas mesh with mine, than a supercute bitch that I would want to strangle after talking to her for 10 minutes.
    "Reality: The refuge of those who fail in RPGs"
    ~Though this be madness, yet there is method in't~

What part of respect do you not understand? If I didn't really like hispanic guys sexually saying all hispanic guys are disgusting is insulting. Then saying "oh no it's okay because it's my opinion that they're disgusting"
    So, if I find someone sexually unattractive that means I don't respect them? What kind of logic is this?

So, if I find someone sexually unattractive that means I don't respect them? What kind of logic is this?
    When you begin calling them disgusting. It's not that difficult... don't refer to whole groups of people as disgusting because it's ridiculously rude? I mean honestly.

None, to be honest...

But I am someone with very high expectations and extremely picky.
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!

When you begin calling them disgusting.
    And if Rukentuts thinks they are disgusting but don't say it, then what

When you begin calling them disgusting.
    As I have already pointed out, people can still be repulsed by certain sexual acts / preferences and still have respect for those that practice them. These opinions are in no way dependent.

The poll options also show quite the short sight. 11-20 = baby got gut and 20+ is the highest option?

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 12:30 PM ----------

As I have already pointed out, people can still be repulsed by certain sexual acts / preferences and still have respect for those that practice them. These opinions are in no way dependent.
    This is when we get into being tactful. If you go into a room with a bunch of different people and notice there are 4 fat people scattered throughout the room do you go and say "look at those disgusting fatties eating so much, god I would never want to be with a man like that."

This is when we get into being tactful. If you go into a room with a bunch of different people and notice there are 4 fat people scattered throughout the room do you go and say "look at those disgusting fatties eating so much, god I would never want to be with a man like that."
    If I say it to them, that's being hateful. But if it's just my own opinion in my mind, it's not.

For example, I will not date a woman that is not independent and capable of self-support. Does that mean I hate every woman that doesn't have a job?

Deleted

And you think I'd say that out loud to just about anyone in the room? Possibly to friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    This thread has spiraled out of control with all this "do I have the right to call fat people disgusting" talk.

Let's make something clear. In a public institution, you might. However, here, on this forum, you don't have the right to call anyone disgusting regardless of how universally that opinion might be held, and that's because the term itself is derogatory and insulting and we don't allow such terms. You're at full liberty to express your disgust in non-offensive ways.

Closing this since there's no more fruitful discussion to be had.