Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Most viable hybrid dps?

I want to know what is the most viable dps hybrid speccs for 5.2, I don't like shadow priests or elemental shamans, so what are the most viable dps hybrids for 5.2.

I mean in a class that can help off heal and dps, and which is viable in RBG set ups and arena teams (2v2, 3v3).

Thanks for any help
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by jackmbhoy View Post
    I want to know what is the most viable dps hybrid speccs for 5.2, I don't like shadow priests or elemental shamans, so what are the most viable dps hybrids for 5.2.

I mean in a class that can help off heal and dps, and which is viable in RBG set ups and arena teams (2v2, 3v3).

Thanks for any help
    to cover all brackets youve basically left boomkin only

you could feral in rbgs but ud need to tank

Shadow priests are probably going to be the best hands down. Boomkins should be alright, rets should be ok (just long cooldowns still).

Elemental has some of the best hybrid heals out there
    do what you feel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anderekel View Post
    Shadow priests are probably going to be the best hands down. Boomkins should be alright, rets should be ok (just long cooldowns still).
    "Flash Heal healing reduced by 30%."

I don't think shadowpriests will be good for it either, after the patch mate.

Basically it's hardly worth healing now because you only get 35k heals and you'd have to spam 10 times to fill up ur hp, and that means you're oom, so it's pretty crappy for everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wiep View Post
    "Flash Heal healing reduced by 30%."

I don't think shadowpriests will be good for it either, after the patch mate.

Basically it's hardly worth healing now because you only get 35k heals and you'd have to spam 10 times to fill up ur hp, and that means you're oom, so it's pretty crappy for everyone.
    Yea, I suppose we'll have to rely on our instant HoT, instant shield, instant PoM, and divine star/halo/cascade instead of spamming flash heal :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Yea, I suppose we'll have to rely on our instant HoT, instant shield, instant PoM, and divine star/halo/cascade instead of spamming flash heal :P
    If self it's rather VE and DP, if you would be serious. The Shield is good, PoM is weak, just a 15k tick, Renew is weak and halo, cuz thats what everyone uses, doesnt heal much at all considering you're at min range of it, and has 40 sec CD and isn't used to heal yourself mainly.

As for healing others, Yeah halo, VE and shielding works. Other than that, would you rather PoM/renew them or flash heal them?

There's no denying that spriest off-healing is mainly Flash Heal so i think it'll probably be garbage in the next patch because of the mana issues it already brings.

Quote Originally Posted by wiep View Post
    If self it's rather VE and DP, if you would be serious. The Shield is good, PoM is weak, just a 15k tick, Renew is weak and halo, cuz thats what everyone uses, doesnt heal much at all considering you're at min range of it, and has 40 sec CD and isn't used to heal yourself mainly.

As for healing others, Yeah halo, VE and shielding works. Other than that, would you rather PoM/renew them or flash heal them?

There's no denying that spriest off-healing is mainly Flash Heal so i think it'll probably be garbage in the next patch because of the mana issues it already brings.
    A lot of Spriests take divine star unless there a specific reason to take Halo (Playing 2s as spriest/healer and need burst, or 3s against a triple stealth team). Divine Star heals quite a lot on a reasonably short CD for an instant.

As for 'would you rather pom/renew or flash heal', you keep PoM ticking around nearly all the time, and you keep renew on whoever is their main target and shield them off CD too. It's not a case of either or. If Flash Heal spam is needed you do it, otherwise you pom/renew and divine star off CD. As long as you're not being trained and can keep VTs up you don't really have to worry about mana.

Deleted
    For PvE only i would say Priest Holy DPS.
    You can do amazing dps as a holy priest and at the same time do very good healing for a while if needed.
    Yes yes, i said Holy dps, it works.

I dont think its very good for PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    while i don't know anything about pvp, i could possibly recommend enhancement shamans, they've always been my fav, plus they actually do somewhat good off healing.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

You're asking what's the most viable dps, which is shadow priest. I'm sorry you don't like spriest, but there is no other answer for what's the most viable hybrid right now. spriest isn't just the most viable hybrid, it's the strongest wizard in PvP right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerflux View Post
    You're asking what's the most viable dps, which is shadow priest. I'm sorry you don't like spriest, but there is no other answer for what's the most viable hybrid right now. spriest isn't just the most viable hybrid, it's the strongest wizard in PvP right now.
    I will rephrase

What is the most viable hybrid dps 2nd to Shadowpriest.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

with the way rbg are or where the only hybrid dps who always had a spot was Shadowpriest so RBG viability shadow priest only. Shaman and paladins are brought as healers mostly and Druids as tank(flag carrier) or healer

my cousin is a 2200 + arena rated ret paladin and no rbg team around 2000 wants him unless he goes holy.

as for arena: shadow priest, feral druid, enhancement shaman, ret paladin are viable if you have the comp for it although it is much easier on a shadowpriest people love them. Boomkin and elemental on the other hand doesn't seem to shine much in arena's not saying they are not viable but the representation is quite low and it could be just a gameplay reason and not necessarly a viability issue.

but for off heals, shadow priest IS the clear winner no contest. (ele bit better than enh)shaman second, boomy third, feral and ret 4th

now once 5.2 hit WW monk will off heal as good as a shadowpriest. 20 energy 35k+ healing orb (need to target but on self its amazing) chi wave heals like a boss every 15 sec+ expel harm for 30k+ heals on self.

I expect 5.2 to bring rbg class setup changes among top teams to include some monk healer or ww, they will ditch warlock for sure.

so yeah second best off-heal would be shaman. 5.2 might bring monk around shaman off heals but that is speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by jackmbhoy View Post
    I will rephrase

What is the most viable hybrid dps 2nd to Shadowpriest.
    I would say feral druid, but they're getting displacer beast changed, which hurts them a good bit. feral druids have been flying under the radar imo.

I would say feral druid, but they're getting displacer beast changed, which hurts them a good bit. feral druids have been flying under the radar imo.
    They are also getting a 20 second cooldown on cyclone. + their off-heals aren't exactly very awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Damax View Post
    They are also getting a 20 second cooldown on cyclone. + their off-heals aren't exactly very awesome
    true, but cyclone is pretty balanced now since it doesn't dr on ptr. Well Moonkin is the only other dps that would be good in rbgs for offheals and dps.

ret paladins are god awful right now, only like 2 or so float at glad range (vanguards and some other ret i remember seeing at rank 1) why bring a ret when every other melee is better then ret other then for bops, but every other class has 1000 times better peels.

Feral Druids dont even run with displacer. It's disgusting burst during CDs which is (for the most part) unpeelable and Cyclone which upsets a lot of people. Burst is getting nerfed by 10% (NV nerf) and cyclone is moving to a 20s CD.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Elemental, Shadow, and Boomkin. But Boomkin is much better off in RBG's than Arena.
    The melee hybrids are going to struggle. Feral will probably still be okay, but there's not much room in RBG comps for it. Will probably still have teams like Kitty Cleave, though. Just weaker, much weaker with Warrior and Feral nerfs. (which is kind of needed, and I play a feral.)
    Ret and Enhance will still be pretty crappy though.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You want to play a hybrid but don't want to play a SP and you want to do RBG's and 3's and be useful.... you are pretty much SoL.