Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    I seriously don't understand how people do that.
    7-8 million in 4-5 hours when augment kits were implemented...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    7-8 million in 4-5 hours when augment kits were implemented...
    ^This.

I made a stupid amount of credits crafting Epic Augments that sold for 100k-150k credits in the first few weeks. Add in some crafting crits and shizamn!

But yeah, you can make a lot of cash by just lightly playing the GTN. I've found I can churn out a healthy profit by using Treasure Hunting and listing Companion Gifts. I say Treasure Hunting because you can get Gift Currency that can be turned in to the Curator for specific Gifts, more specificaly the Rakata Grenade which is the highest selling gift. Its roughly a 15k-20k profit per sale when you consider the mission cost.

If making credit is so easy, why I only see one guy posts 70% in GTN?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    If making credit is so easy, why I only see one guy posts 70% in GTN?
    B/c he's using the money to corner the market? Back in initial WoW days, there was one guy that took over an entire server's economy and almost forced it to crash. I'm pretty sure Blizz stepped in and slapped that guy around and it has never really happened since.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    ^This.

I made a stupid amount of credits crafting Epic Augments that sold for 100k-150k credits in the first few weeks. Add in some crafting crits and shizamn!

But yeah, you can make a lot of cash by just lightly playing the GTN. I've found I can churn out a healthy profit by using Treasure Hunting and listing Companion Gifts. I say Treasure Hunting because you can get Gift Currency that can be turned in to the Curator for specific Gifts, more specificaly the Rakata Grenade which is the highest selling gift. Its roughly a 15k-20k profit per sale when you consider the mission cost.
    Cept the augment kits, MK-6 at least sell for a laughable 30K now on my server. So that means nothing now.

The treasure hunting is a good idea but... I'm not sure how many gifts you can get from one or 5 missions but it would still require constant log in to keep your companions constantly farming these gifts. Even still Rakata grenades go for only about 20-25K on my server and that is an extremely small drop in the pool where pretty much anything good/useful casts well over 300K or so bare minimum.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was referring to the actually Augments, not the Augment MK-6 Kits.

I was referring to the actually Augments, not the Augment MK-6 Kits.
    They are a little more profitable they sell for a little under 50K as I mentioned before. But also as I've mentioned the materials are harder to get. I have 5 companions working at max affection and I only get the 1 or 2 of the 4-6 rare mats needed every couple rounds of sending them out, its a lot of farming and dedication not for much profit.

People, don't be idiots and buy stuff off cartel market then sell them on the GTN. It's a HORRIBLE way to make credits. The amount of money you'd have to spend to get a decent amount of credits is like $40. What a terrible margin that is.

I'm not encouraging anyone to buy credits, but if you got that much money to waste so you don't have to take any risk, in my opinion, you have nothing to lose.

Also making credits in SWTOR is easier than any other MMO I've played. It doesn't take long at all to get millions of credits. You just have to put in a little time.

Really, it's none of my business what you do with your money. I shouldn't be telling people what to do, but it drives me insane when I witness this crap.
    Kittyvicious said what I would probably do if I was rich. "If I was rich, nothing would stop me from doing that either."
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2013-01-31 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    People, don't be idiots and buy stuff off cartel market then sell them on the GTN. It's a HORRIBLE way to make credits. The amount of money you'd have to spend to get a decent amount of credits is like $40. What a terrible margin that is.

I'm not encouraging anyone to buy credits, but if you got that much money to waste so you don't have to take any risk, in my opinion, you have nothing to lose.

Also making credits in SWTOR is easier than any other MMO I've played. It doesn't take long at all to get millions of credits. You just have to put in a little time.

Really, it's none of my business what you do with your money. I shouldn't be telling people what to do, but it drives me insane when I witness this crap.
    Kittyvicious said what I would probably do if I was rich. "If I was rich, nothing would stop me from doing that either."
    Yes. "Don't be idiots". Because attempting to make a better environment with more players having access to the game is idiotic.

/sarcasm

Cept the augment kits, MK-6 at least sell for a laughable 30K now on my server. So that means nothing now.

The treasure hunting is a good idea but... I'm not sure how many gifts you can get from one or 5 missions but it would still require constant log in to keep your companions constantly farming these gifts. Even still Rakata grenades go for only about 20-25K on my server and that is an extremely small drop in the pool where pretty much anything good/useful casts well over 300K or so bare minimum.
    They are a little more profitable they sell for a little under 50K as I mentioned before. But also as I've mentioned the materials are harder to get. I have 5 companions working at max affection and I only get the 1 or 2 of the 4-6 rare mats needed every couple rounds of sending them out, its a lot of farming and dedication not for much profit.
    I give you a hint..... skill Biochem to 400 and go for black hole/ warzone comms to reverse engineer implants for molecular stabalizer to sell (150k/pcs). By luck you'll learn the black hole schematics... offer them on your servers tradechannel to craft for free for materials = whenever you crit you get one implant for free = more stabalizer to reverse engineer. With enough cash you can try to get by raiding/ buying better versions of the implants and vice versa... do the same as before.

In SWTOR... whenever you have access to the currently best schematics you are getting rich because it's selling like candies.

That's just one way but probably the easiest to get some money together to fund your investions to make even more money.

Btw. I didn't put a single augmentation kit on the GTN after the initial day because I'm too lazy and 30k aren't going to make me going to send my companions, especially if there are tons of other people already offering the same.

I was in EQ2 in a guild with one guy who controlled the entire leather armor selection on both factions. Whenever someone attempted to get into the market, he either bought him off (when he was too cheap) or was undercutting him with the same product until the other dropt his item/ was bought by my guildmate. There was no chance/ no one with enough resources to compete with him.
    Last edited by Psychlon; 2013-01-31 at 05:04 AM.

He just raised weekly pass to 100k.
    I think he read this message board.

I post mine at 99k which I got at 70k.
    The scare part is that it does sell.

Maybe they are just selling really well and he's trying to find a maximal profit while it's still selling frequently. That's the interesting part on the system in the end...

I'll preface this by saying that in WoW, I was never rich. People often say it's easy to make gold in WoW.... Well, I was lucky to have 1000g a lot of the time. That said, making credits in SWToR is pretty easy, even while leveling. I'm leveling with cybertech so I don't waste coms on mods and such. I'll save up and by the end of the planet (while doing the daily dungeon) I'll have enough coms to buy 3 or so artifact boxes. You can usually sell that stuff for at least 40,000. Artifact mods and ear pieces sell around 30,000 as well.

I'm level 25 and without really trying I have 500,000 credits. That's with buying some of the increased storage space as well as sending companions out constantly and buying some AH stuff every now and then. It gets even better when you can find some stuff on the AH. Like I saw 8 artifact gifts at 10k a piece, then the next highest was 30k. Buy them up and list them at 25k or something. People will buy it because there's lots of people with just too much money. Hell, you can find some decent armor sets listed for low prices, like 40k and put them back up for 100k.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never really understood players pricing passes etc above 350k, F2P players can't have more than 350k credits right? So what's the point in that? We're the only ones that can use those passes etc.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    I never really understood players pricing passes etc above 350k, F2P players can't have more than 350k credits right? So what's the point in that? We're the only ones that can use those passes etc.
    pure greed and ignorance (a surprising amount of people still don't know the credit cap).

Strangely enough a lot of people defend their actions though as if it is some genius idea to sell things over the cap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    They could be selling to people who are dropping all their credits before they go F2P. I, for instance, plan to spend millions of credits to stock up on the unlocks I want/need when I decide to cancel my sub and just PvP with a few characters off and on. There's no sense in letting my characters' money sit in "escrow".

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They could be selling to people who are dropping all their credits before they go F2P. I, for instance, plan to spend millions of credits to stock up on the unlocks I want/need when I decide to cancel my sub and just PvP with a few characters off and on. There's no sense in letting my characters' money sit in "escrow".
    I did that, but refused to buy anything over the cap because it's still nonsensical. No reason to pay more just because you have more. I used the excess funds to buy duplicates of things to resell for quick credits or to just have handy. Instead of paying 3x as much for something as I should have.
    BAD WOLF

He is not that greedy.

I bought all his weekly at 70k. Then post only 1 at 200k. Guess what? It sold !!!!

Then he post 6 more at 80k.

These weekly sell like hotcake.

People who don't agree with this should blame whoever is buying it for the price. I understand that this is only a game but some people do it for fun, some people because they can. Back in the days, when I was selling orange crafted armor with augment slot (when it had to crit to get a slot) I was selling all pieces from the same slot for the same price (chest was around 150k). I didn't target people which just started the game as they don't have the funds nor need to upgrade every mod every few levels. My customers were usually lvl 50 player which wanted to have more customizable options and 150k for a chestpiece was a piece of cake (and that was when raiding was much more expensive).

For these upgrades, people which are F2P/ Prefered or are planning on going to F2P are your customers. F2P/ Prefered player have a limit given by Bioware, those which are planning on going to F2P don't. If parts are selling with a profit for higher than what F2P people could pay then this is how it is. Whoever would like to change it, spend your money on buying the more expensive unlocks and sell them for a F2P limits and let's see how long this will last.

Someone is playing dirty and try to corner the "experience boost" right now.
    This is one item everyone needs it.

F2P items are fairly cheap.
    That is a good thing.