Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Let them return and make it so we can faction change to them!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sxo View Post
    Let them return and make it so we can faction change to them!!!
    Won't ever happen but they could indeed make a pretty epic pre-expansion event ala Scourge invasion.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    I think it is very likely the next expansion will be the Legion. Maybe we get Azshara/Old Gods expansion, but I think a Burning Legion would fit well.

But I truly hope they stay away from Outland. Leave the whole thing alone.

Why? Well, because last time they had to revamp areas from previous expansions... They drained the team too much... And as a result we got Crapclysm. Very dull endgame content.

The leveling experience in Outland is not even so painfull anymore. It is possible to breeze through the thing. Just leave it be.
    That's why I had to preface my Outland idea, because the Cata revamp was 3 things.

1. They deleted the old world and rebuilt it from the ground up all over again to allow flying

2. They revamped all the old textures.

3. New questlines.

My outland revamp is exclusively number 3, not 1 or 2. The layout and appearance remains the same, but the story is brought up to par so it doesn't feel like we jump 6 years into the past.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Why won't blizzard give us the players to join the scourge or the legion why!!! Lol it would be cool though if we could.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I feel any time someone calls it an Outland Revamp I have to preface my belief.

Unlike Cata, where the old world was rebuilt from the ground up. Mountains changed, whole new zones, New tree layouts, New buildings. This revamp would not touch the land in Outland. It would exclusively touch mobs and quests so the experience makes sense.

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 12:03 PM ----------

It'll never happen. He dies, Warcraft dies. Not just WoW, the whole series.
    A new threat can always be conjured up. People have latched on to Sargeras being the end all, be all of wow bad guys, but he even needed . Besides, how the hell are we going to defeat something like Sargeras?? His body flames increase the temperature by 50 degrees for a thousand mile radius, and he is immune to something even as powerful as the Demon Soul. Also, the power of 100 dragons is just a fraction of his strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    A new threat can always be conjured up. People have latched on to Sargeras being the end all, be all of wow bad guys, but he even needed . Besides, how the hell are we going to defeat something like Sargeras?? His body flames increase the temperature by 50 degrees for a thousand mile radius, and he is immune to something even as powerful as the Demon Soul. Also, the power of 100 dragons is just a fraction of his strength.
    Nice made up facts. Demon Soul could probably injure him if Broxigar`s axe gave him a small wound.

We'll probably see the Legion returing in the next expansion, but I doubt we'd attack them just yet.
    They might be featured in a raid in the next expansion, but I doubt it will be strictly about the legion, since they're they last true bad guys in WoW atm I imagine Blizzard is saving them for the lv 100 expack.
    “The north still reeks of undeath. Our homelands lay in ruin. Pandaria oozes our hatred and doubt. What hope is there for this world when the Burning Legion again lands upon our shores?” - Eric Thibeau

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is, Blizz has said before they like to seed new villains. That's why you saw the Zandalari build up in Cata to being a threat in MoP. Why you saw Garrosh build from BC-Cata. There's no villain being seeded anywhere near as important/powerful as Sargeras.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I don't know, but however we do it, it will be epic.

Pretty much every expansion ending boss has required some extra push to enable players to beat them. In BC it was the fact that Kil'jaeden was only partially summoned and we were able to collapse the portal around him, in WotLK it was Ashbringer and the unleashed souls from Frostmourne, in Cataclysm it was the Dragon Soul and the combined strength of the other 4 Dragon Aspects. In MoP it doesn't take a genius to realize we'll get some NPC assistance in the Garrosh encounter considering how many characters have a beef with him.

If we were to face down Sargeras, we'd just need a bigger-then-normal push to beat him. Perhaps the Naaru and/or the Titans will be able to build a superweapon specifically designed to kill him. Maybe we'll even find something on Pandaria that gives us an edge. To say it simply can't be done just shows a lack of imagination.

And if Broxigar, an Orc with no magical powers to speak of, was able to so much as give Sargeras so much as a scratch, just think what we could do with the full might of the Naaru backing us.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd prefer an all out Alliance/Horde war for the next expansion. Basically the start of the 4th war, with some real deep, long lasting consequences for both factions.

We can have the sacking of Undercity, A seige at Ironforge, A massacre at Thunder Bluff, Blood Elves considering changing sides, Pandarens feeling caught in the middle of the conflict, and so forth. Basically atrocities being committed by both sides. Let's face it, War is dramatic, and makes for some great storytelling.

Then as the conflict drives to a dramatic conclusion, the Burning Legion comes back to screw everyone over.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I'd prefer an all out Alliance/Horde war for the next expansion. Basically the start of the 4th war, with some real deep, long lasting consequences for both factions.

We can have the sacking of Undercity, A seige at Ironforge, A massacre at Thunder Bluff, Blood Elves considering changing sides, Pandarens feeling caught in the middle of the conflict, and so forth. Basically atrocities being committed by both sides. Let's face it, War is dramatic, and makes for some great storytelling.

Then as the conflict drives to a dramatic conclusion, the Burning Legion comes back to screw everyone over.
    We are already getting that with Mists of Pandaria (and to some extent, we got it with Cataclysm). If the war were not only to continue, but escalate post Siege of Orgrimmar, it would render most of the MoP story arc utterly meaningless in the grand scheme of things.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    And if Broxigar, an Orc with no magical powers to speak of, was able to so much as give Sargeras so much as a scratch, just think what we could do with the full might of the Naaru backing us.
    No magical powers hold for an axe of legendary magical powers. And what might of the Naaru? Might to flee like cowardly draenei at the first hint of trouble? IF we're going to fight the Legion on their home turf we need real power, like Titans, not useless windchimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    We are already getting that with Mists of Pandaria (and to some extent, we got it with Cataclysm). If the war were not only to continue, but escalate post Siege of Orgrimmar, it would render most of the MoP story arc utterly meaningless in the grand scheme of things.
    MoP is more like initial clashes and minor battles. We need full scale war in the homelands of the Horde and Alliance. Also it would be pretty disappointing if after the removal of Garrosh that everyone just packed their bags and went home. I could imagine that there would be some Horde and Alliance people who would want some blood.