Page 38 of 80 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    People only think things are racist because they make them racist, if people would just let go of the past and move on, we would probably make the world a better place. African salves were sold by their own people to the Europeans for guns, gold, and other similar things, but not many people know that because they don't take time to get the facts, they just jump the gun and play the victim role. No one race is immune to racism, it is something that will happen because some people are ignorant and think their race is superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Wylo View Post
    People only think things are racist because they make them racist, if people would just let go of the past and move on, we would probably make the world a better place.
    So, if people pretend racism doesn't exist, it just won't? No.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Asian students who perform on the same level as whites are looked over as whites are picked over them. Whites also tend to have a lower SAT bracket than Asians have for acceptance. If anyone should be complaining shouldn't it be the Asians?
    Which is exactly the system you are advocating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    So, if people pretend racism doesn't exist, it just won't? No.
    I doubt groups like the NAACP are helping us reach and maintain equality.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Why? It's not like they've succeeded in making everybody equal yet, so why assume that if that situation were to occur, they'd go above and beyond into enslaving whites?
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Because you have too many people on your side of the isle who are against any sort of actual progression, because they blindly parrot fear mongering memes like "the NAACP are like Nazis." Being objective is alien to far too many on your side of the isle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Yeah, so instead you decides it's a great idea to deprive applicants of an education simply because someone of a different skin color is needed to fulfill a quota. Such great logic you have there.
    Yeh rukentus but you don't understand. The people that get refused for jobs thanks to this policy are nothing but dirty guilty whites arenty they.
    I mean screw them, 150 years ago they had slaves and till 50 years ago some of the were racist.
    Lets get vengeance on this 20 years old graduated white guy... He deserves it...

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 06:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    Actually I'm not a fan of it and I haven't given my opinion on the subject thus far. So there goes your stupid assumption. Having said that, while I'm not a fan of AA, I understand that it's necessary evil to fix a continued wrong. Also, as an example of how there is a staggering amount of "pathetic white double speak" with those on your side in this thread, I always find it odd that there is no outrage EVER for white legacy applicants and children of rich white donors. Who did nothing to earn their spot, but screw over regular white applicants. Just as a tiny amount of ethnic applicants do through AA.

But I guess it's because it's better to be screwed over by whites than others, since there are no complaints about "that".
    Both are disgusting and damaging to society. You seem to point out one is justified, or better though.
    Guess who's racist in between the two of us

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wylo View Post
    People only think things are racist because they make them racist, if people would just let go of the past and move on, we would probably make the world a better place. African salves were sold by their own people to the Europeans for guns, gold, and other similar things, but not many people know that because they don't take time to get the facts, they just jump the gun and play the victim role. No one race is immune to racism, it is something that will happen because some people are ignorant and think their race is superior.
    Know whats funny about when people bring up this story, they don't finish the second half when the Europeans then started to take even the slavers without payment. And the fact that people were used as slaves isn't the biggest issue with slavery. The biggest with American slavery comes down to the cruelty used and how racism to lower the slaves to less than human status as to excuse the cruelty. There has been slavery all throughout human history, but only a handful of those incidents were as cruel and demeaning as American slavery. An institution so damaging that the sub-human attitude towards black people lasted 100+ years after the last American slave was set free.

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 02:02 AM ----------

You can say this now because of how effective the NAACP has been. Thats like saying need to lock your doors because so far no one has broken in.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it's possible... Racism is the same regardless of the race. If someone says "I hate White People" it's exactly the same as saying "I hate Black People".

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Yeh rukentus but you don't understand. The people that get refused for jobs thanks to this policy are nothing but dirty guilty whites arenty they.
    I mean screw them, 150 years ago they had slaves and till 50 years ago some of the were racist.
    Lets get vengeance on this 20 years old graduated white guy... He deserves it...

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 06:58 AM ----------

Both are disgusting and damaging to society. You seem to point out one is justified, or better though.
    Guess who's racist in between the two of us
    According to you, racism ended 50 years ago. You are the last person to be commenting on what racism is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    Why? It's not like they've succeeded in making everybody equal yet, so why assume that if that situation were to occur, they'd go above and beyond into enslaving whites?
    Because at this point, I think the NAACP is getting in the way, not helping things move along - they were very important in the beginning, but I think at this point constantly calling everything racist is causing more problems than it's solving.

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 01:18 AM ----------

Because you have too many people on your side of the isle who are against any sort of actual progression, because they blindly parrot fear mongering memes like "the NAACP are like Nazis." Being objective is alien to far too many on your side of the isle.
    And which side of the aisle am I on, again? Since you seem to know me so well.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

I heard a black commentator on NPR say something the other day that made sense. He stated that racism is the belief that a group of people is superior to another. Being that minorities are not in a position to control the way things are run in a given area (and the truth being that any group of people can put together schools/hospitals/technology just as good as anyone else given similar circumstances), minorities can not be racist. What he meant was it is impossible to believe yourself superior to another group unless you are able to do things that the other group can not. Those things are situational.

What you are considering is prejudice and most likely prejudice based on the thought that the other group is either racist or prejudiced towards the former group. Honestly, both are similarly bad. It's fairly obvious that if both groups got along and were equally treated in all situations regardless of how they look these issues would not exist.

Because you don't see the racism doesn't mean it's not there. And, unfortunately just because it's random and rare doesn't mean it doesn't have consequences for the people involved or get in the way of other people's lives.
    Last edited by Nish77; 2013-01-31 at 07:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because at this point, I think the NAACP is getting in the way, not helping things move along - they were very important in the beginning, but I think at this point constantly calling everything racist is causing more problems than it's solving.
    Eh, I see how racist America can be and I think without it, we'd be far worse off.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.

Deleted
    According to you, racism ended 50 years ago. You are the last person to be commenting on what racism is.
    Yes I am commenting on it.
    I'm saying its disgusting and damaging, you say it's justified.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I see how racist America can be and I think without it, we'd be far worse off.
    I think so, too. I apply that to concepts like affirmative action as well.

I think they cause problems just by existing, but ultimately I think they still do more good than harm... for now, anyway. That said, I also would like to see all that shit go away if we can all just grow the hell up and stop throwing sand at each other

10+ Year Old Account
    I think so, too. I apply that to concepts like affirmative action as well.

I think they cause problems just by existing, but ultimately I think they still do more good than harm... for now, anyway. That said, I also would like to see all that shit go away if we can all just grow the hell up and stop throwing sand at each other
    That's the ideal and I completely agree with you, but it will still take some time to get there. I just don't know what the point is when we can say "alright, everything's pretty much sorted" because of various psychological problems, like victim/superiority disorders.

Yes its possible. No question about it. Everybody thinks I'm white because my skin is white but I'm Mexican. I make racist comments about mexicans and whites all the time. Every race to be exact. Why? I just do. I mean no harm most of the time. Mostly for joking or to talk shit about someone. I have all kinds of colored friends and they do the same thing I do. It all depends on where you live. Los Angeles is one big greasy salad. You meet all kinds of people here.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the ideal and I completely agree with you, but it will still take some time to get there. I just don't know what the point is when we can say "alright, everything's pretty much sorted" because of various psychological problems, like victim/superiority disorders.
    I don't think we can ever be rid of racism - it's essentially just fear of the unknown, which is pretty much part of being human (or maybe even being an animal.) But ideally we can prevent it from being part of our laws.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think we can ever be rid of racism - it's essentially just fear of the unknown, which is pretty much part of being human (or maybe even being an animal.) But ideally we can prevent it from being part of our laws.
    That's why more exposure to the other races in all positions and places of life will make a difference over time.

That's just for 12 months a year, given what I have to teach.
    The fact people like you teach children makes me scared about the future. Your views that "It is okay to discriminate against the correct people" just boggles my mind.
    Last edited by Cybran; 2013-01-31 at 09:42 AM.