Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    This isn't about visual effect, this is about debuff on a mob. If you had 8 debuffs and put up another one it would push of another debuff.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yI57bjb2Yw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ghu7cBG_cQA

    Enjoy.

    *NOTE* This is a 20 man raid.
    Last edited by Kezotar; 2013-01-30 at 02:05 PM.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yI57bjb2Yw

    Enjoy.

    *NOTE* This is a 20 man raid.
    May 2006, that is after they put in the 16 debuff patch. And also 1 and a half year after release.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    May 2006, that is after they put in the 16 debuff patch. And also 1 and a half year after release.
    How didn't I read this earlier? 2005 - month 6. That's 6 months in the game. We barely had raids at then. We were discussing vanilla, not just 8 months of vanilla. 8 months in vanilla I believe all we had was Molten Core. The game didn't introduce Onyxia, Naxx and AQ at that time.

  4. #44

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    How didn't I read this earlier? 2005 - month 7. That's 7 months in the game. We barely had raids at then. We were discussing vanilla, not just 8 months of vanilla. 8 months in vanilla I believe all we had was Molten Core. The game didn't introduce Onyxia, Naxx and AQ at that time.
    We are getting really off-topic here but you need to check your info. Onyxia was in from release, BWL was released in Patch 1.6 which was the patch before they increased the debuffs from 8 to 16.
    16 is still a lot less than the 40 you claimed on Onyxia.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    We are getting really off-topic here but you need to check your info. Onyxia was in from release, BWL was released in Patch 1.6 which was the patch before they increased the debuffs from 8 to 16.
    16 is still a lot less than the 40 you claimed on Onyxia.
    Of course we're getting off topic. Either way, it's like saying, those 16 Debuffs is a long shot from 40 I was talking about. I can make a similiar example. 60 FPS with you 2500k. That's nothing but lie. Unless you run the game at lowest.

    And this was what? 7 Years ago?

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    This isn't about visual effect, this is about debuff on a mob. If you had 8 debuffs and put up another one it would push of another debuff.
    And if you got too many buffs on you, you lost some of them. Took Blizz a while to stop short-time buffs pushing your flask off the buff-bar.

    Thing is, there is a lot more going on nowadays. Everybody creates at least 5 different spell effects, particle effects are higher definition and density etc
    Last edited by Butler Log; 2013-01-30 at 02:19 PM.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

    Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Of course we're getting off topic. Either way, it's like saying, those 16 Debuffs is a long shot from 40 I was talking about. I can make a similiar example. 60 FPS with you 2500k. That's nothing but lie. Unless you run the game at lowest.

    And this was what? 7 Years ago?
    Yeah, I'm not gonna waste any more time on you.


    OP: If you want better performance and doesn't want to switch motherboard get a 6300, if you got more money to spend go Intel.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •