Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    This thread should be locked, salted and burned.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love all this my friend is innocent QQ. How the hell do you know? do you look over his shoulder 24/7? doubtful. That's like saying you know your friend doesn't buy gold. How the hell would you know.. You don't and thats it.
    Glad Blizzard is banning all the damn cheaters. good riddence. Should be a 6 month ban.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    72 hours ouch that must hurt.
    Yeah, that is as painful as a billion fine to Goldman Sachs....
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

72 hour ban? Nothing removed from those who win-traded? And they call that a punishment...

Personally i'd go for account deletions or title/gear removal, at the very least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Did you report the teams in question? Although, I understand where you are coming from, but if you don't take action and report the cheaters, that pretty much makes you guilty as well. You willingly benefited from their wrongful actions by doing nothing against it.
    So, unless you opened a ticket, reporting the names and asked to adjust your rating accordingly, you need to accept that some may call you a cheater too.
    How are you going to report an empty team? I imagine any attempt would just come back with "Use the report player feature" template that they always send when you try to report someone via in game ticket.

I hope the actual exploiters get more than just a 3 day ban.
    Last edited by Freia; 2013-01-30 at 04:01 PM. Reason: They only did a rating reset and 3 day ban. No gear removal. What a joke.

I'm guessing there's more to the strory than blizzard just thought;"HEY! Let's just random ban a bunch of ppl!"
    maybe this is just the first step, giving 3 days ban to more or less every1 that has anything remotely close to do with the issue.
    next step might be a button you can click like "I think this team is exploiting" giving us an easy way to report them, and after these bans, more ppl will be likely to hit that button, cause they don't want to get banned again. next time they might have a better idea about if the ppl getting banned is really the issue or actually just benefiting from wintraders by luck/unluck (depending on how you see it) and therefore give the next wave a harder punishment. and after a few cycles, and probably some improvement of the rating system, wintrading is as good as gone. how about that guys? that would be cool. i couldn't care less if ppl feel they get banned for "no reason". if you just look at the difference in rating on RBG's and arena brackets on more or less every battlegrp, you will probably have RBG ratings at least 500 points above any arena team. noone finds that fishy? if you got 2700 RBG rating and 1800 in arena, you probably aren't that super awesome, you just got inflated rating by WINTRADERS. like it or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dar0 View Post
    I'm guessing there's more to the strory than blizzard just thought;"HEY! Let's just random ban a bunch of ppl!"
    maybe this is just the first step, giving 3 days ban to more or less every1 that has anything remotely close to do with the issue.
    next step might be a button you can click like "I think this team is exploiting" giving us an easy way to report them, and after these bans, more ppl will be likely to hit that button, cause they don't want to get banned again. next time they might have a better idea about if the ppl getting banned is really the issue or actually just benefiting from wintraders by luck/unluck (depending on how you see it) and therefore give the next wave a harder punishment. and after a few cycles, and probably some improvement of the rating system, wintrading is as good as gone. how about that guys? that would be cool. i couldn't care less if ppl feel they get banned for "no reason". if you just look at the difference in rating on RBG's and arena brackets on more or less every battlegrp, you will probably have RBG ratings at least 500 points above any arena team. noone finds that fishy? if you got 2700 RBG rating and 1800 in arena, you probably aren't that super awesome, you just got inflated rating by WINTRADERS. like it or not.

RBGs and arena are not the same game really. You can be good in RBGs and horrible in arena and vice versa. There is more to look at when telling who wintraders are. Saying "only 1800 in arena, 2400 rbgs. Wintrader" isn't really that viable. There are also people who only do rbgs. Look at when they got their achievements. Look at the win lose ratio, and the number of games actually played. Last moron I saw flash his 2400 rbg achievement in random bgs was a ret paladin who got all his rbg achievements in 1 day with few games played.

Just goes back to prove what a joke arena is.

Deleted
    Anything under a 14 day bann is nothing in my eyes as they will start again as soon ban is over.

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    then make sure there 100% correct. and not let a program/script ban them.
    Don't really see how that is supposed to work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    if blizzard looks in there logs they will see alot are not win trading. and we can't prove anyting to blizzard that we are not guilty. blizzard on the otherhand can easly show there not guilty. and atleast in the netherland its not guilty untill proven otherwise. and i think it counts to whole europe. so if they all sue blizzard they might win because then blizzard most prove there guilty. and then they will fail hard.
    But they have checked their loggs, that is how they got banned.
    As I view it, you cannot prove your innocence because you are guilty.
    In Italy this is actually how the legal system works; if you cannot prove your innocence you are by default guilty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphie View Post
    Just goes back to prove what a joke arena is.
    I don't get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    I don't get it?
    he's basically saying that high end arena and rbg's just high end pvp in general is laughable because of the win trading and the very light punishment for wintrading

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    he's basically saying that high end arena and rbg's just high end pvp in general is laughable because of the win trading and the very light punishment for wintrading
    Very light? They suspend them, reset their mmr and take all the mal gear away. How is that very light?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is nice to see people get to keep all their elite gear and weapons while getting a 72h suspension. This really motivates me to buy rbg boost aswell like everyone else, too bad I dont spend that kind of money on a video game.

Lfm 4.3k RBGs need fdk must be at least 3.8k rated

lmao that dk has archerus trinkets and full greens

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Very light? They suspend them, reset their mmr and take all the mal gear away. How is that very light?
    was referring to the 3day part as lightly, should have been a week minimum

10+ Year Old Account
    report cheating, it is an option.

---------- Post added 2013-01-30 at 10:49 AM ----------

It's light because they should be banned for months.

10+ Year Old Account
    They aren't taking the gear away.

they are not having their gear taken away.
    thats like telling a guy who robbed a store "you are going to jail for a few days, and you will get a mark on your record but you can keep all the money you stole."

remember when paragon abused a bug in the DS lfr to get everyone in their raid full tier? how their gear was stripped and they got 8 day bans? the fact that the win traders who cheated to get their gear are not being stripped is absolutely evidence of the double standard between pve and pvp. if anything pvp should have more stringent policing them pve.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"