15+ Year Old Account
    Good god you guys are brutal. Kishimoto writes his women like garbage. I'm no feminist, but good christ he can't write a good female character without someone having to save her or some crap. He makes them overly sentimental, indecisive and feeble. Any physical strength is utterly crippled by these god-awful traits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, isn't this a giant plothole? It was already established that juubito couldn't enter the kamui dimension while being the jinchuriki of the 10 tails so why can madara suddenly do it? And lol and flying grab put in eye socket use kamui, man madara can do pretty much anything at this point. Eye transplant while flying no problem.

Also calling it now, Obito gives Kakashi his other sharingan on his deathbed, gets sakura to transplant it because he doesn't have those mad eye switching skills of Madara.
    Last edited by Kaitenx; 2014-04-23 at 08:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Good god you guys are brutal. Kishimoto writes his women like garbage. I'm no feminist, but good christ he can't write a good female character without someone having to save her or some crap. He makes them overly sentimental, indecisive and feeble. Any physical strength is utterly crippled by these god-awful traits.
    To be fair, her physical strength isn't her specialty; healing is. And she's one of, if not THE best at doing that currently. It's just that outside of summoning Katsuyu, and healing the army until she ran out of chakra, she didn't really do anything notable during this war. That's not a fault of the character herself, but like you said, how badly she's writen into the plot. They made a big deal of Team 7's reunion, they started the assault on the Juubi together. Then halfway through it Sakura goes into "AoE healing mode lol" and we never hear about her again until she's needed to keep Naruto alive. Even Sai showed up to try and seal Madara when he was still an Edo Tensei body.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitenx View Post
    Wait, isn't this a giant plothole? It was already established that juubito couldn't enter the kamui dimension while being the jinchuriki of the 10 tails so why can madara suddenly do it? And lol and flying grab put in eye socket use kamui, man madara can do pretty much anything at this point. Eye transplant while flying no problem.

Also calling it now, Obito gives Kakashi his other sharingan on his deathbed, gets sakura to transplant it because he doesn't have those mad eye switching skills of Madara.
    Aparently the Viz translation (which is the actual official one) had Obito say he couldn't afford to be reckless, and never mentioned anything about being unable to travel through dimensions. To be fair though, it's a different eye, so who knows.

As for the transplant... I really can't justify that. Hashirama-roids enhancing the process of the eye being adapted to him, maybe.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2014-04-23 at 08:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    aaaand kakashi lost his power

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    aaaand kakashi lost his power
    He'll never be able to Chidori again. If he doesn't get the eye back and Obito SOMEHOW gives him his other eye, he's basically going to look like Danzo with half his face perma-covered due to a giant gaping hole.

As for the whole women in Naruto thing, generally Kishi admits that he doesn't know how to write women well, but Hinata and Kushina were both really well developed females in the series. Sakura just fucking sucks if she isn't pining for Sasuke.
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted
    He can Chidori lol. He'll just won't do it as good as he used to and will probably prove fatal if he tries, I guess.

15+ Year Old Account
    Didn't the fourth basically tell him that his chidori was useless since he couldn't track his opponents movements and it could end up suicidal? Haven't read Gaiden in a long time but I thought that was the biggest perk to him getting the sharingan.
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Swizzlington View Post
    Didn't the fourth basically tell him that his chidori was useless since he couldn't track his opponents movements and it could end up suicidal? Haven't read Gaiden in a long time but I thought that was the biggest perk to him getting the sharingan.
    Yes, the downside of the Chidori is that unless you have a sharingan but you can still do chidori with or without a sharigan, the problem without is that downside you mentioned.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fair enough, but back to the important discussion; fuck Sakura.
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted
    Sakura doesn't even know Obito and she can't even destroy his eye. That is why this whole chapter with her is grinding my gears.

- - - Updated - - -

All the development she has had thus far was for naught, it seems.

So can someone explain to me the whole Limbo technique? I'm still kinda fuzzy on it.

Chelly
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Well it is a manga aimed towards young boys around the age of ~11. Boys protecting weak women kinda appeals to his target demographic.
    Anko is probably Kishi's least useless female character though.

But yeah I agree.
    Last edited by Chelly; 2014-04-23 at 01:42 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    So can someone explain to me the whole Limbo technique? I'm still kinda fuzzy on it.
    It seems to be a stronger version of kamui. It hasn't been fully explained, but from what I gather, Madara can basically redirect damage/swap to a shadow version of himself in "limbo", since the shadow version is invincible (according to him), he can survive fatal blows (being cut in half, stabbed, etc). Sasuke can see it due to his rinnegan, but they haven't figured out all the details about beating it yet.

That's all I've been able to scrape about it though.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    It'd be funny as hell if Obito sacrificed the Rinnegan eye to use Izanagi against Madara.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Swizzlington View Post
    It seems to be a stronger version of kamui. It hasn't been fully explained, but from what I gather, Madara can basically redirect damage/swap to a shadow version of himself in "limbo", since the shadow version is invincible (according to him), he can survive fatal blows (being cut in half, stabbed, etc). Sasuke can see it due to his rinnegan, but they haven't figured out all the details about beating it yet.

That's all I've been able to scrape about it though.
    Why didn't Madara just use this technique vs. Gai...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Why didn't Madara just use this technique vs. Gai...
    It's not stated that he didn't. As you can see, some damage the shadow takes is transferred over to Madara when they re-fuse, bruised arm from blocking Naruto, stab wound from Sasuke, but none of it seems to be fatal. It would clearly explain how he survived all those attacks from Gai, but there it's also possible that Gai was simply faster than Limbo could activate.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esdese View Post
    Well it is a manga aimed towards young boys around the age of ~11. Boys protecting weak women kinda appeals to his target demographic.
    Anko is probably Kishi's least useless female character though.

But yeah I agree.
    Yeah anko was the only female I really liked. Never got to see kushina fight and the female kage's where alright. Sakura and hinata are both lame and annoying that I just want them to die already. Maybe Tenten will save the day! She has been waiting for this moment forever!

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty good chapter there and lol at Kakashi losing his eye. It must have caught him real off guard.
    Black Lives Matter

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't see that one coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Didn't see that one coming.
    Neither did Kakashi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.