Deleted

Company of Heroes 2

OPEN BETA IS LIVE

Had a quick search on the forums and saw there wasn't a thread about this game. Is anyone looking forward to it? Or has anyone been in the beta and have anything to say about it? I remember playing the original years ago and i enjoyed it a lot and recently found out a 2nd one was coming out soon and i've became very intrigued about it; also got my friend who had never heard of it before excited for it.

For those who don't know what Company of Heroes 2 is, it's an RTS set in WW2 and here's a quick video on what to expect.

Here's another video showing some gameplay expected to be seen online

For those that have not played the original Company of Heroes, it's an RTS like no other (that i have played anyway). Units can take cover behind certain structures such as walls, trenches and shell holes (to name a small few) all of which provide certain levels of cover helping to resolve how much survivability your troops may have compared to standing out in the open.

Heavy weapons etc such as Machine guns, mortars and bazookas can be picked up from fallen enemies to help bolster a certain squads weaponry on the field. Squads gain access to certain abilities as well such as grenades, satchel charges and sticky bombs all to help turn the tide of a battle.

The majority of units do have Pros and cons and can all be exposed. An mg can pin down troops on a road, but its field of vision may not prevent it from being flanked by a squad and taken out. Mortars can pin down troops from a distance, but once you get close to them they become extremely vulnerable. Snipers can pick off wave after wave of troops...but the second they get too close....they are almost no use.

Finally, this game does involve some good RNG. An anti-tank gun can shoot and miss......a tank can be hit in the rear and take a critical hit knocking out its engines or it could be hit from the front losing its main gun.....as long as the odds are fairly balanced, nothing is 100% certain in this game constantly keeping you on your toes (or fingers seeing as you're sat in your seat)

I've never wrote a review/description (or whatever you'd like to call it) but i hope this sheds some light on what to expect. This is a very fun game wether you are a fan of RTS games or not.

Thanks.

Recent news states that this game will be released 25th June.
    Last edited by mmocfcc53be431; 2013-06-04 at 05:16 PM.

Truesight sounds very interesting. If it's executed as they explained in the video it will make ambush a viable strategy. I didn't play much RTS games but I can't really remember a game which you can't see behind a wall or house. It was always static circular area ignoring obstacles.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, to say the least.

-CoH is easily one of my favorite games of all time.
    -Dan Carlin's 'Ghosts of the Ostfront' is one of the most amazing podcasts/historical lectures I've ever heard.

Deleted
    I loved C&C generals but for some reason i don't have much hope for Generals 2. I do enjoy RTS games but Sc2 seemed a little too competitive (steep learning curve imo to be half decent). The original Company of Heroes i didn't play a great deal of, but my fascination for WW2 and the way the original played out (from what i remember), i'm very much looking forward to this. Anyone who plays/played the original online a lot, know if Company of Heroes has a good competitive scene and is there a big learning curve in order to become fairly decent at this game online?

Deleted
    Updated with more information and a new video.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly can't wait to play this.. I've played the first one and expacks.. Was a great game, still is.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Deleted
    Well Beta is now out and if you like the Company of Heroes facebook page there is a chance of getting a Beta key. While there is still an NDA it has been announced that some close players/communities to sega/relic CoH have been allowed to show replays of Beta gameplay. Here is one of them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kby5p2RgeoI
    Last edited by mmocfcc53be431; 2013-04-16 at 02:56 PM.

Deleted
    With the release of the game only 3 weeks away and OPEN BETA coming up very soon, here are some more recent trailers, consisting of mainly (if not all!) game play.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just hope the second game doesn't have shitty levels like Mortain Counterattack.

I've never been able to pass that level even after trying every damn tactic I could find on the web that supposedly makes the level 'easy to do'. The tank spam on that level is pretty damn ridiculous. So you put up tank traps? Tanks just clip right through them.

Deleted
    Around 20minutes until OPEN BETA!

Check on Steam for client!