Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    Who is they? Pro Gun people? If so, then posting another gun related murder in Chicago is not going to make a difference.
    I believe that he is referring to politicians, likely Democrats. Which I do agree on. They are all about assault rifles and ignore all of the handgun killings and gang violence.
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    Could not find stabbing specifically, but violent crime is the highest in the UK per capita compared to other developed countries.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...of-Europe.html

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Next time work sends me to the USA I am asking for combat pay.
    I hear ya, I felt like I was crossing into a war zone when I have headed across the boarder. From gas station attendants behind bulletproof glass to cops keeping their hands on their guns when they pull you over for a simple speeding violation. Its a scary place, it really is.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Rahm emanuel, the mayor of chicago who is going after ak47's instead of handguns. I stated it in the op
    Ah yes, that man - he is good people...

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    I believe that he is referring to politicians, likely Democrats. Which I do agree on. They are all about assault rifles and ignore all of the handgun killings and gang violence.
    Yeah, I saw that pretty much immediately after I posted. lol was just working on the wording to turn around and agree with him.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    I hear ya, I felt like I was crossing into a war zone when I have headed across the boarder. From gas station attendants behind bulletproof glass to cops keeping their hands on their guns when they pull you over for a simple speeding violation. Its a scary place, it really is.
    Where did you visit, Detroit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Ah yes, the mysterious "they"
    "They"="Fucking entirety of Congress".

Anyone tries to bring up handgun control, they get shouted down by the Republicans who require them as componsation and the Democrats afraid of people who agree with said Republicans.

Our police very rarely pull their guns. In the night life if people are acting up they usually just tackle them.

So much hyperbole. In 31 years of life in this country I can't think of a single time I have been in fear for my life in response to someone with ill intent.

Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    So much hyperbole. In 31 years of life in this country I can't think of a single time I have been in fear for my life in response to someone with ill intent.
    In 21 years of life in this country I can't think of a single time I have heard a gunshot. Other than when in the military but I was the one shooting!

problem? it's his right to protect his freedoms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Where did you visit, Detroit?
    That is everywhere now. Hard to find a gas station in the city here that does not have bulletproof glass. Cops always edgy too, but not as much if you drive a pickup truck like me.
    I like sandwiches

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    Could not find stabbing specifically, but violent crime is the highest in the UK per capita compared to other developed countries.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...of-Europe.html
    So you couldnt find a source, so changed the subject? Heres food for thought.....

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...100-000-people

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._homicide_rate

http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/c...ce/by-country/

You are six times more likely to be murdered in the USA than the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    In 21 years of life in this country I can't think of a single time I have heard a gunshot. Other than when in the military but I was the one shooting!
    yeah me neither. Well no, that's a lie. I've heard a few gunshots but I live close to the country. Also, many types of loud noises could easily be mistaken for a gunshot by people that don't have much experience with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Rahm emanuel, the mayor of chicago who is going after ak47's instead of handguns. I stated it in the op
    What exactly is he supposed to do re: handguns?

IMO, local-scale (city and state) weapons regulations are completely pointless. You need to go national to do anything useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    That is everywhere now. Hard to find a gas station in the city here that does not have bulletproof glass. Cops always edgy too, but not as much if you drive a pickup truck like me.
    Okay remind me not to visit Alabama.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please don't encourage the stupid "America" stereotype. The rest of us normal Americans don't appreciate it anymore then Canadians like the sterotype of you all sitting around in Tim Hortons while patting each other on the back going EH! while watching curling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    So you couldnt find a source, so changed the subject? Heres food for thought.....

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...100-000-people

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._homicide_rate

http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/c...ce/by-country/

You are six times more likely to be murdered in the USA than the UK.
    I didn't change the subject but it was hard to find records of stabbing by itself to I changed it to violent crime as a whole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    I didn't change the subject but it was hard to find records of stabbing by itself to I changed it to violent crime as a whole.
    Meh, I can disarm a dude with a knife. I can't dodge bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Please don't encourage the stupid "America" stereotype. The rest of us normal Americans don't appreciate it anymore then Canadians like the sterotype of you all sitting around in Tim Hortons while patting each other on the back going EH! while watching curling.
    Then stop putting them on international TV then!