Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
... LastLast
  1. #101
    I think the w1 and w2 material, with a sequel kicker with a certain friend of doomhammer traveling with his wife and newborn child being attacked at the end.

  2. #102
    I am Murloc! Alenarien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Antrim, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    5,589
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    A movie will allow Blizzard's writing to come to bear. We all know it's been sucking ass lately.
    Pretty much. Anyone who takes enjoyment out of, say, the recent Sylvanas story line; well...let's just say they could probably be entertained by a $5 movie, never mind a $100 million one.
    "If I owned a company, my employees would love me. They’d have huge pictures of me up the walls and in their home, like Lenin." - George Costanza

  3. #103
    Am i the only one who thinks they dropped this now to Hype up the masses and divert attention from the incoming Q4 report?

  4. #104
    Scarab Lord Sky High's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SO-CALI
    Posts
    4,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Am i the only one who thinks they dropped this now to Hype up the masses and divert attention from the incoming Q4 report?
    sure...i guess, that is if we all don't look at it anyway. which plenty of people still will.

  5. #105
    I hope the director knows what kind of burden he has taken upon himself.

    If he fucks this up, it's the end of the world...of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I think MMO-C should be renamed "HJTC-C" - Hyperbolic Jumping To Conclusions Champion.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Sameen View Post
    I hope the director knows what kind of burden he has taken upon himself.

    If he fucks this up, it's the end of the world...of Warcraft
    If the movie flops all our subs are gonna go up

  7. #107
    Cant imagine them making a live action only, unless with those graphic costumon. Why dont they make a pimped out version of the way they did the trailers for wc and wow?

  8. #108
    Scarab Lord Sky High's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SO-CALI
    Posts
    4,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Cant imagine them making a live action only, unless with those graphic costumon. Why dont they make a pimped out version of the way they did the trailers for wc and wow?
    many of us want it that way. but if they go the route of Avatar then it'll be...acceptable.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Cant imagine them making a live action only, unless with those graphic costumon. Why dont they make a pimped out version of the way they did the trailers for wc and wow?
    I hope for something like Beowulf. A merge between live action and CGI. That movie did it great, and I don't really remember any more movies like that.

  10. #110
    Dreadlord Amirila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In a tree, watching everything
    Posts
    937
    *rubs hands* Warcraft down, Diablo and Starcraft left... >

  11. #111
    When i think about it..

    streetfighter was shit
    Dbz was shit
    Avatar was shit
    Silent hill was shit
    tombraider was shit


    the only game movie i can think of that was rather enjoyable was resident evil... Oh gawd.. dont let them Do this..

  12. #112
    I am Murloc! Alenarien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Antrim, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    5,589
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    I hope for something like Beowulf. A merge between live action and CGI. That movie did it great, and I don't really remember any more movies like that.
    That's my hope too. Animated, but not making any secret of the fact; as opposed to Avatar that tried to look as real as possible.
    "If I owned a company, my employees would love me. They’d have huge pictures of me up the walls and in their home, like Lenin." - George Costanza

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Will every human male by massive bodybuilders ? If not don't hope I watch it, I want a warcraft movie

    Or maybe some curvilicious Draenei on screen /perv
    Wait, there are ANY Hollywood movies where humans aren't bodybuilders?

    Buu <= WHY I LOVE TO PLAY HUNTERS! => Pendleton

  14. #114
    Saw the news earlier this morning, and I am quite interested once more in this project.

    Duncan Jones is an amazing director, truely amazing, with his own personal style, and a penchant for tackling intelligent material. Moon and Source Code are testament to this. Two of the best, most intelligent, science fiction movies of recent times. He gives to me the feel of an accomplished filmmaker, instead of a mainstream director that just follows what is considered 'cool' each period of time.

    I was so afraid the movie would just get another one of those assigned to it, or a bit better, a director that worked on Pixar movies or something similar, with the result being a fun movie, but nothing special, just like John Carter.

    Instead WarCraft gets a genuine filmmaker. Impressive. My only concern is that although he has proven he can do science fiction, he has done nothing with medieval fantasy as far as I know, or lots of action of that sort. So I don't know how capable he is of making such material of the same high quality as his current offerings. What is more I don't know if he is going to be given the freedom to do what he wants, this being a movie with an immense budget and all. However this is certainly good first news. Very good.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    When i think about it..

    streetfighter was shit
    Dbz was shit
    Avatar was shit
    Silent hill was shit
    tombraider was shit


    the only game movie i can think of that was rather enjoyable was resident evil... Oh gawd.. dont let them Do this..
    Erm... Avatar? How was it a game movie? And how was it shit? I mean yes, all the goodness of this movie was from effects and 3D, but those are still pretty good.

    But I got your point, Video Game Movies usually suck balls, tho I don't agree with Tomb Raider on the list. The only game movie I really enjoyed was Tekken (the live action one) and that because it had little to no connection to the game storyline and instead featured some great fighting scenes

  16. #116
    Honestly, I'm worried this will be a huge loss for Blizzard. A lot of WoW fanboys are going to feel tempted to just download the movie instead, and the audience for a Warcraft movie, however many play the MMO, has got to be pretty limited.

  17. #117
    Scarab Lord Sky High's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SO-CALI
    Posts
    4,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Honestly, I'm worried this will be a huge loss for Blizzard. A lot of WoW fanboys are going to feel tempted to just download the movie instead, and the audience for a Warcraft movie, however many play the MMO, has got to be pretty limited.
    that happens to...every movie that has come out recently. weather it's WoW or the hobbit people still download it for free. i for one depending on what we see in the coming months will decide weather i buy a ticket or ignore it all together. IDK am i the only one that pays for shit? call me a sucker but i like to support the shit i like.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Wait, there are ANY Hollywood movies where humans aren't bodybuilders?
    Jack Black movies, Hangover I/II/(III)

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Since when has video game adaptations been successful in films
    Have you heard of Resident Evil? 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5?

    The movies made after games usually sucked because they had small budgets, shit scripts, bad actors, bad directors, and not hot chick in them...

  20. #120
    Immortal Clockwork Pinkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ft. Worth, Texas
    Posts
    7,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Have you heard of Resident Evil? 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5?

    The movies made after games usually sucked because they had small budgets, shit scripts, bad actors, bad directors, and not hot chick in them...
    Well, the first part is true, the resident evil franchise is succesful, but then you go on about the quality of the film. Money it makes =/= how good it is. Two Tomb Raider movies made more than any 1 Resident Evil film. Second highest grossing video game film is Prince of Persia. First is Lara Croft Tom Raider at 131 million. Depending on a trailer, the WoW movie could triumph that in a week, due to fanbase and people's parents being interested in what the hell their kids have been spending their moeny on. Also they need to make a Mass Effect/ Halo movie already, long overdue.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •