Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Cant imagine them making a live action only, unless with those graphic costumon. Why dont they make a pimped out version of the way they did the trailers for wc and wow?
    many of us want it that way. but if they go the route of Avatar then it'll be...acceptable.

Cant imagine them making a live action only, unless with those graphic costumon. Why dont they make a pimped out version of the way they did the trailers for wc and wow?
    I hope for something like Beowulf. A merge between live action and CGI. That movie did it great, and I don't really remember any more movies like that.

*rubs hands* Warcraft down, Diablo and Starcraft left... >

Deleted
    When i think about it..

streetfighter was shit
    Dbz was shit
    Silent hill was shit
    tombraider was shit

the only game movie i can think of that was rather enjoyable was resident evil... Oh gawd.. dont let them Do this..

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    I hope for something like Beowulf. A merge between live action and CGI. That movie did it great, and I don't really remember any more movies like that.
    That's my hope too. Animated, but not making any secret of the fact; as opposed to Avatar that tried to look as real as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Will every human male by massive bodybuilders ? If not don't hope I watch it, I want a warcraft movie

Or maybe some curvilicious Draenei on screen /perv
    Wait, there are ANY Hollywood movies where humans aren't bodybuilders?

Saw the news earlier this morning, and I am quite interested once more in this project.

Duncan Jones is an amazing director, truely amazing, with his own personal style, and a penchant for tackling intelligent material. Moon and Source Code are testament to this. Two of the best, most intelligent, science fiction movies of recent times. He gives to me the feel of an accomplished filmmaker, instead of a mainstream director that just follows what is considered 'cool' each period of time.

I was so afraid the movie would just get another one of those assigned to it, or a bit better, a director that worked on Pixar movies or something similar, with the result being a fun movie, but nothing special, just like John Carter.

Instead WarCraft gets a genuine filmmaker. Impressive. My only concern is that although he has proven he can do science fiction, he has done nothing with medieval fantasy as far as I know, or lots of action of that sort. So I don't know how capable he is of making such material of the same high quality as his current offerings. What is more I don't know if he is going to be given the freedom to do what he wants, this being a movie with an immense budget and all. However this is certainly good first news. Very good.

When i think about it..

streetfighter was shit
    Dbz was shit
    Silent hill was shit
    tombraider was shit

the only game movie i can think of that was rather enjoyable was resident evil... Oh gawd.. dont let them Do this..
    Erm... Avatar? How was it a game movie? And how was it shit? I mean yes, all the goodness of this movie was from effects and 3D, but those are still pretty good.

But I got your point, Video Game Movies usually suck balls, tho I don't agree with Tomb Raider on the list. The only game movie I really enjoyed was Tekken (the live action one) and that because it had little to no connection to the game storyline and instead featured some great fighting scenes

Honestly, I'm worried this will be a huge loss for Blizzard. A lot of WoW fanboys are going to feel tempted to just download the movie instead, and the audience for a Warcraft movie, however many play the MMO, has got to be pretty limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Honestly, I'm worried this will be a huge loss for Blizzard. A lot of WoW fanboys are going to feel tempted to just download the movie instead, and the audience for a Warcraft movie, however many play the MMO, has got to be pretty limited.
    that happens to...every movie that has come out recently. weather it's WoW or the hobbit people still download it for free. i for one depending on what we see in the coming months will decide weather i buy a ticket or ignore it all together. IDK am i the only one that pays for shit? call me a sucker but i like to support the shit i like.

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Wait, there are ANY Hollywood movies where humans aren't bodybuilders?
    Jack Black movies, Hangover I/II/(III)

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Since when has video game adaptations been successful in films
    Have you heard of Resident Evil? 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5?

The movies made after games usually sucked because they had small budgets, shit scripts, bad actors, bad directors, and not hot chick in them...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Have you heard of Resident Evil? 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5?

The movies made after games usually sucked because they had small budgets, shit scripts, bad actors, bad directors, and not hot chick in them...
    Well, the first part is true, the resident evil franchise is succesful, but then you go on about the quality of the film. Money it makes =/= how good it is. Two Tomb Raider movies made more than any 1 Resident Evil film. Second highest grossing video game film is Prince of Persia. First is Lara Croft Tom Raider at 131 million. Depending on a trailer, the WoW movie could triumph that in a week, due to fanbase and people's parents being interested in what the hell their kids have been spending their moeny on. Also they need to make a Mass Effect/ Halo movie already, long overdue.

The amount of angry Gnomes if they don't make it into the movie will be large. They are getting angry for every cinematic absent of Gnomes.

If Warcraft movie does well, do you think Blizzard will make movies for their other 2 major franchises? (Diablo and Starcraft)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelln12 View Post
    The amount of angry Gnomes if they don't make it into the movie will be large. They are getting angry for every cinematic absent of Gnomes.

If Warcraft movie does well, do you think Blizzard will make movies for their other 2 major franchises? (Diablo and Starcraft)
    Most likely. I'm surprised they didn't start with one of these instead, much simpler story to turn into a movie.

Deleted
    This might be an unpopular opinion, but I think that the Arthas story line would be perfect for the movie.

- The story would be a classic cinema trope (the demise of the hero / the hero becoming that which he hates most)
    - The story is emotionally driven.
    - The main character is human and therefore relatable. (this is great for the majority audience who are not familiar with the lore)
    - The story, if well written and if movie is a success, can be extended by 1 or 2 more movies to include the final demise of the hero (Icecrown). This would include a cool showdown and catharsis for Arthas.

What do you guys think?

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i like that director. i like legendary.

im happy.
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nektar View Post
    This might be an unpopular opinion, but I think that the Arthas story line would be perfect for the movie.

- The story would be a classic cinema trope (the demise of the hero / the hero becoming that which he hates most)
    - The story is emotionally driven.
    - The main character is human and therefore relatable. (this is great for the majority audience who are not familiar with the lore)
    - The story, if well written and if movie is a success, can be extended by 1 or 2 more movies to include the final demise of the hero (Icecrown). This would include a cool showdown and catharsis for Arthas.

What do you guys think?
    I agree. Of all possible storylines to transfer into a motion picture, I've always thought the Arthas story would provide the best results.
    The perfumed* boys he wrapped in chains and threw into the sea. They were unnatural creatures, and the ship smelled better once cleansed of their presence.

*Degenerative Casuals

considering it takes 3 years to actually RENDER a cgi movie, I'm pretty sure it's not going to be a full cgi movie.

I'm not exactly sure if you're looking for Avatar in Warcraft form, that you're going to get that.

like you won't see quality of their cinematics for WoW, I'd prefer a full CGI movie like that. But i'd assume if it focuses heavily on a human sided script, we're going to see it more live action with the exception of battles. but who knows *shrug*
    Last edited by chocobo606; 2013-01-31 at 01:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pleased. I made a comment in a thread last week that I thought Blizz shouldn't gamble too much, but with a quality director like this, and the budget they seem to have allready set up, I'm caustiously optimistic of at least a watchable movie.

Just to put it in perspective, the Southpark episode featuring WoW was a HUGE reason for people to pick up the game. Can you imagine what a whole movie could potentially do for WoW?

If it's a watchable movie, nothing special, 7/10 allround, it will still be a gigantic marketing opportunity and draw in massive numbers of people to the game. If it scores better then that, and the movie does well....

My only concern is still that a movie is an expensive thing to do, and that if it fails it could damage the Warcraft name and cost Blizz tons of money. But Blizz have shown to be capable to make entertainment (games, cinematics, books) of a quality that is at least passable, so I'm going to stay on the positive side till we see things like actor names and plots and such come out.