Serves are up.

---------- Post added 2013-05-12 at 03:42 AM ----------

I can not confirm this but I will personally not be doing anymore survey's to get zin.

I think I got a virus at first my anti virus was just going off when I came to MMOC and now its nearly any site so I am running a malwarebyes scan and will be wiping my computer tomorrow.

If I got the virus while doing the survey ill be pissed and I think I did because it was the same day I did them that I had this problem.

Once again I can't confirm its from it but I personally won't be doing anymore.

this has been going on for 3 days now.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-05-12 at 03:43 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The sparklies that guide you along your quests disappeared for me, how do I turn them back on? I miss them....

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    The sparklies that guide you along your quests disappeared for me, how do I turn them back on? I miss them....
    Push Z I think.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Anyone in any good guilds, can add me at fusedmass sn in game

So...you can't upgrade your companion past rank 15? I'm confused and the game does nothing to tell me about companions...Lurked official forums and they're none to helpful.

How do I make my companion not-shit? And get the other two skins I'm apparently missing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    So...you can't upgrade your companion past rank 15? I'm confused and the game does nothing to tell me about companions...Lurked official forums and they're none to helpful.

How do I make my companion not-shit? And get the other two skins I'm apparently missing.
    You can only wait for Cryptic atm. There are already books in game to upgrade Companions, but they're unbuyable.

Also heard that Companions hold out pretty well until lvl ~40, but I'm only 20 so can't elaborate on that.

Does that include the epic companions as well, the limit at 15 that is?

Deleted
    Epic ones are limited to 30, rare ones are limited to 25, uncommon is 20 and the common ones, including the free ones are limited to 15.

There are items called Training Tome I-III on the companion vendor though which are labelled as "Coming Soon!" so I would assume that we'll eventually be able to upgrade the free ones and increase their level.

Deleted
    edit:^ beat me to it

The books to upgrade their quality are "coming soon" at the companion store

That's what I figured just wanted to confirm before investing in a blue or purple one.

Every time I want to play the game more because the gamplay is so spectacular, the secondary systems rear their ugly head and I cry : (

Deleted
    I've played for a few days now and the only thing that annoy me to no end is the auction house/trader. Looking aside from the very limiting and annoying bugs, is it only possible to post bid auctions? I've seen a few items with a buyout option but the majority of people seem to put bid, 99% of all auction is bid only. Is there some bug that makes people unable to set a buyout option and if not, what would the benefit of having semi-useless(cheap) shit on bid for 2 days be?

This makes no sense to me at all...

Deleted
    You can set a buyout but for whatever reason, most people just put it up for bids. I believe the reason may be that they don't realise you can set a buyout without having to pay extra astral diamonds, or because the game is new and people haven't gotten to know the economy yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    I've played for a few days now and the only thing that annoy me to no end is the auction house/trader. Looking aside from the very limiting and annoying bugs, is it only possible to post bid auctions? I've seen a few items with a buyout option but the majority of people seem to put bid, 99% of all auction is bid only. Is there some bug that makes people unable to set a buyout option and if not, what would the benefit of having semi-useless(cheap) shit on bid for 2 days be?

This makes no sense to me at all...
    I think it's just people being dumb. When you create an auction it automatically fills out the bid/buyout sections for you, so you'd have to manually choose to wipe out those details in order for a buyout to be taken off. I know i've had auctions brought out, since I place my things on there for 5 days at a time and the next day I've got AD waiting for me in the mail.

If it's not people being dumb, maybe it's people trying to be smart and hoping they'll get more AD than an item is worth. Most of the blues that drop from doing a Dungeon Delve at level 60 seem to only sell for about 5k, because the PvP items are just so much better. Even an epic sheild off an optional boss in the Cloak Tower dosn't sell very well, because of the 4 or 5 times i've done that place it always seems to drop.

I agree with edge though. The gameplay is great. I've got a level 60 Cleric which I find really fun to heal on, even if a lot of that healing is passive, but it's nice to be able to DPS with it too. I made a Guardian Fighter but really didn't enjoy the block mechanic, though their version of charge is great. I'm now leveling up a Rogue, because I'm a dirty FOTM player and that's great fun too. Things like the way the AH is handled, the mail system (please delete the bloody post after I collect the items), the que system not always giving you a tank or healer, they get annoying but the core game is still fun.

Another little niggle, is not being able to join dungeons or skirmishes not at your level range. The Foundry scales the monsters you fight to your level, so why at level 60 can't I join a Blacklake skirmish? There's only one available as well as one level 60 dungeon that you can use to complete the daily dungeon/skirmish (epic dungeons don't count). Hopefully they'll address this though.

Quote Originally Posted by zaxlor View Post
    So long as you plan your classes stats, feats and powers before making it, you shouldn't really need to respec at all. That's a shitty situation, considering the vague nature of a lot of powers (some don't even have damage numbers, or how long their buffs last), but it's the best thing to do right now. That's only going to be made easier as the game gets older, since there's bound to be external calculators made and possibly even in-game ones (but I wouldn't hold my breath on that).
    That right there is the reason I put the game down the second I found out about it. This is supposed to be an RPG and obviously pre-planning your character is a big part of the attraction. However, another very important part of it is to be able to try different options in terms of how your character plays, and being charged real money for doing so for me is way beyond the line. In other words, to play an RPG the way they were meant to (ie experiment with your character) would cost a fortune, at least for me. Also putting that in perspective to what other MMOs offer in that respect makes this system sound even worse. And finally, don't get me started about buying the best gear only with real money and being able to use it in pvp. Too bad, because it's been a while since I played a descent DnD computer game and I was looking forward to this game.

P.S. before anyone starts talking about wanting everything free and all, I have active MMO subscriptions since 2007 and whenever I don't pay for a sub I am buying single-player games. I am able and more than happy to spend money monthly for computer games (and I do so), but I refuse to give anything to someone who is taking the piss out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pourekos View Post
    That right there is the reason I put the game down the second I found out about it. This is supposed to be an RPG and obviously pre-planning your character is a big part of the attraction. However, another very important part of it is to be able to try different options in terms of how your character plays, and being charged real money for doing so for me is way beyond the line. In other words, to play an RPG the way they were meant to (ie experiment with your character) would cost a fortune, at least for me. Also putting that in perspective to what other MMOs offer in that respect makes this system sound even worse. And finally, don't get me started about buying the best gear only with real money and being able to use it in pvp. Too bad, because it's been a while since I played a descent DnD computer game and I was looking forward to this game.

P.S. before anyone starts talking about wanting everything free and all, I have active MMO subscriptions since 2007 and whenever I don't pay for a sub I am buying single-player games. I am able and more than happy to spend money monthly for computer games (and I do so), but I refuse to give anything to someone who is taking the piss out of me.
    I'm in two minds about this.

In pen and paper DnD you can't just go "Oh, i'm tired of being a ranged theif, i'm going to change all my dex to str and tottally re-do my skills!" because things were meant to be permenant. You were playing a character and your stat and skill choices helped to reflect this. Now, Neverwinter dosn't really follow many of the DnD conventions (in fact not many at all), but I think it's trying to re-create that sort of feeling that what you choose is locked in stone.

Games like WoW and even to an extent Diablo 3 almost spoil you, because it's so damn easy to change what you want to do. When sotring out my stats, feats and powers for my Rogue I've just made in Neverwinter, I kept getting a feeling that it was like playing Diablo 2 and having to pre-plan so you didn't screw yourself over. Of course you can hex-edit and save-edit the game and there's even tools that let you change almost anything character wise for Diablo 2 now. There's obviously a need and a want from people that they feel they don't want to have made a "bad" choice.

But then Neverwinter needs people paying money into it, to keep it running. There's no sub, box or any other fees. I've gotten a character to max level, fully kitted out in PvP gear, almost fully decked in PvE gear and I've completed about 30% of all Epic dungeons in the game. For nothing. I've probably played about 50+ hours (maybe more, i'm terrible with time management) in the past week or two and it didn't cost me a penny. That's fucking amazing!

I think one of the main offenders is how vague the powers and feats are, as well as stat rolls at character creation. You can hover over the 6 main stats, but they don't tell you what they do in relation to your class which means rolling a high Charisma Theif ends up being terrible for anything but soloing. Some feats require 5 points to max out, but the tool tip says "Increases by 1/2/3%". Does that mean each point is giving me 3% more, or do I need to put 5 points in to see a 3% increase? Some powers don't even show buff durations.

Some feats and powers are just flat up awfull too. Wasting 3 feat points on a 6% reduction in threat just isn't fun, interesting or even worth adding into the game. It's a dumb, boring feat that isn't even explained in game, (correct me if I'm wrong) as it dosn't once mention how tanking or agro works. It's this "vagueness" that makes it hard to decide what's good and what's bad. Sort that out and it'll be much easier to choose the way you want your character to behave.

The down side of this though, is that there's only one way to spec for x role, so why even have specs in the first place? I'd actually be happier with that. Have powers unlock slowly untill level 20, then you choose a Paragon. That then decides if you want to play as Group PvE play, Solo PvE or PvP. At say level 30 allow either a free Paragon change, or give the option to unlock a second. Right now my Cleric does okay at PvP and PvE, he's a bit of an all-rounder. I'm not going to spend 600 Zen to maximise my PvE experience, then 600 more if I want to PvP.

I'm in two minds about this.

In pen and paper DnD you can't just go "Oh, i'm tired of being a ranged theif, i'm going to change all my dex to str and tottally re-do my skills!" because things were meant to be permenant. You were playing a character and your stat and skill choices helped to reflect this. Now, Neverwinter dosn't really follow many of the DnD conventions (in fact not many at all), but I think it's trying to re-create that sort of feeling that what you choose is locked in stone.

Games like WoW and even to an extent Diablo 3 almost spoil you, because it's so damn easy to change what you want to do. When sotring out my stats, feats and powers for my Rogue I've just made in Neverwinter, I kept getting a feeling that it was like playing Diablo 2 and having to pre-plan so you didn't screw yourself over. Of course you can hex-edit and save-edit the game and there's even tools that let you change almost anything character wise for Diablo 2 now. There's obviously a need and a want from people that they feel they don't want to have made a "bad" choice.

But then Neverwinter needs people paying money into it, to keep it running. There's no sub, box or any other fees. I've gotten a character to max level, fully kitted out in PvP gear, almost fully decked in PvE gear and I've completed about 30% of all Epic dungeons in the game. For nothing. I've probably played about 50+ hours (maybe more, i'm terrible with time management) in the past week or two and it didn't cost me a penny. That's fucking amazing!

I think one of the main offenders is how vague the powers and feats are, as well as stat rolls at character creation. You can hover over the 6 main stats, but they don't tell you what they do in relation to your class which means rolling a high Charisma Theif ends up being terrible for anything but soloing. Some feats require 5 points to max out, but the tool tip says "Increases by 1/2/3%". Does that mean each point is giving me 3% more, or do I need to put 5 points in to see a 3% increase? Some powers don't even show buff durations.

Some feats and powers are just flat up awfull too. Wasting 3 feat points on a 6% reduction in threat just isn't fun, interesting or even worth adding into the game. It's a dumb, boring feat that isn't even explained in game, (correct me if I'm wrong) as it dosn't once mention how tanking or agro works. It's this "vagueness" that makes it hard to decide what's good and what's bad. Sort that out and it'll be much easier to choose the way you want your character to behave.

The down side of this though, is that there's only one way to spec for x role, so why even have specs in the first place? I'd actually be happier with that. Have powers unlock slowly untill level 20, then you choose a Paragon. That then decides if you want to play as Group PvE play, Solo PvE or PvP. At say level 30 allow either a free Paragon change, or give the option to unlock a second. Right now my Cleric does okay at PvP and PvE, he's a bit of an all-rounder. I'm not going to spend 600 Zen to maximise my PvE experience, then 600 more if I want to PvP.
    I know what you are saying my friend and past DnD games on the computer reflected that (which is why it was so much fun spending endless time designing min-max characters or groups- I am looking at you IWD!). However those were a) many years ago and b) not MMOs. You cannot have someone be equally good at both solo PvE, group PvE, solo PvP and group PvP in one build in an MMO, you need to change in order to adapt. Also, MMOs are constantly rebalanced and changed and that reflects on your abilities and how you play. So for example your spell X used to snare and do damage, now it only snares and so you don't want it and prefer to build your character otherwise. In NW it's either cough up real money or suck it. Plus, they sell items that are much more than just convenience and are usable in PvP etc etc.

Also, the "they need money" is something I perfectly understand and I was prepared to spend money during every month of my play by buying useless for me things from their shop just to support them, I think I made that clear. But the system they have is far from it (it being vanity/convenience items) and I find it 100% unacceptable.

Deleted
    Just got disconnected?
    Anyone else having probs righti now?

Quote Originally Posted by Benschdalf View Post
    Just got disconnected?
    Anyone else having probs righti now?
    It's up and down now more than a whores knickers.

I just wish they'd put out the "This shard will go down in x minutes" message, since the last 3 or 4 outs havn't even been warned.

Deleted
    It's up and down now more than a whores knickers.

I just wish they'd put out the "This shard will go down in x minutes" message, since the last 3 or 4 outs havn't even been warned.
    Yeah that would be very convenient, maybe they'll add it in the future