Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

10+ Year Old Account
    I am from Portland Oregon, so I am very VERY Spoiled with all the good beers and breweries around here.

Anyways it depends on the season. Here are only a few:

Tongerlo is my favorite Belgium Ale (Belgium)
    Jubebale Ale is my favorite Xmas ale (Bend, Or)
    Bridgport IPA is my favorite IPA (PDX)
    Schöfferhofer is my favorite Hefe (Germany)
    Rolling Rock is my favorite Lager (Mid-West)
    Fat Tire is my favorite Amber (Co)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Jubebale Ale is my favorite Xmas ale (Bend, Or)
    Damn I love Jubelale. Deschutes brews some fantastic stuff in general.

So I finally got to try Heady Topper. Fantastic beer. Probably my favorite now. Very hoppy, very aromatic, just amazing all around. I can see why it's Beer Advocates #1. Now, I just need to find someone who live in Vermont who would ship more to me......

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stuartj1992 View Post
    Tripel Karmeliet is godly, one of my favourite beers. Belgian beer in general is phenomenal.

Have you tried the Rochefort Trappistes beers? They're to die for, especially the 8 and 10 versions.
    So much this. The 10 is worth the price, it's glory in a bottle.

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 04:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    My favorite that I've brewed thus far (even though I'm very much a hop head) is an Imperial Oatmeal Creme Stout, with a slight hint of Cacao. I call it Mudder's Milk (yay everyone who get reference).

Radux... one of these days I'm going to come meet you and we're going to brew a delicious Belgian Strong Ale together and then get absolutely knockered.

Coors light (poor college kid)

15+ Year Old Account
    The best beers I've ever tasted were local beers in and around the city Ghent (Belgium). As far as beer available in shops here, my favorites are Frydenlund draught and Heineken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesneed View Post
    The Ashpole?

Tuborg, the beer of danish kings!
    “The north still reeks of undeath. Our homelands lay in ruin. Pandaria oozes our hatred and doubt. What hope is there for this world when the Burning Legion again lands upon our shores?” - Eric Thibeau

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    Newcastle brown, guinness or something like bishops finger or fursty ferret. But waggledance (a honey beer) is my all time favourite beer

Quote Originally Posted by uggorthaholy View Post
    Radux... one of these days I'm going to come meet you and we're going to brew a delicious Belgian Strong Ale together and then get absolutely knockered.
    I hope you have a solid 2 weeks available, then!

From Brew Day to Kegging Day (or bottling; whatever -- I keg) will take about that long.

Quote Originally Posted by Seani View Post
    Lol why dont you put a vagina in your drink, why dont you like stouts?
    Read before insulting. Can't stand too many as in there are some I like.....I'm a hard liquor drinker btw, beer is pretty much juice to me, but I'll put that to the test when or if I get my hands on a dogfish...

10+ Year Old Account
    Had one of these over the weekend

Lots of flavor. Not an everyday beer, but worth a taste.

Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    anything that's not American I guess
    That's a pretty weird sentiment. There's many amazing beers from the US and many awful beers from other countries.

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 04:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    So I finally got to try Heady Topper. Fantastic beer. Probably my favorite now. Very hoppy, very aromatic, just amazing all around. I can see why it's Beer Advocates #1. Now, I just need to find someone who live in Vermont who would ship more to me......
    Depending where you're at, you can find it out of the local market occasionally. I grabbed a couple cans in DC. Big markup and only two cans allotted per customer, but still.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Had one of these over the weekend

Lots of flavor. Not an everyday beer, but worth a taste.
    That looks excellent. I'll have to track some down.

Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    anything that's not American I guess
    http://www.justabeergeek.com/the-fiz...can-beer-suck/

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 10:03 PM ----------

My everyday beer is Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, but I throw in DFH 60-Minute IPA once and a while to keep it interesting. As far as macro beers are concerned, I typically go with Guinness, especially when choices are limited. (And even though Guinness Draught is tasty, the Guinness Foreign Extra is really where it's at!)

Deleted
    Dortmunder Export is a winner, but I only know of two places that actually serve it in Liverpool and I rarely go there, so I'm generally stuck with either Amstel (in Wetherspoons) or Budweiser

"Fosters : premium Australian taste"?!? Was this meant to be a joke or something?
    I agree that tastes differ but anyone who considers Fosters as a premium beer has no clue whatsoever. Fosters is piss-poor rubbish we export to ignorant people worldwide and no Australian will ever drink that crap as their beer of choice.

Example of real Ozzie beer (and the best one by far imo) is Coopers www.coopers.com.au
    My personal favorite is Coopers Stout:

I don't know what's the availability of Coopers overseas, but should you fly Qantas don't miss the chance

10+ Year Old Account
    I lived in Germany for a year a while back, and they had a Pilsner that was just fantastic. I can't remember the name, but the beer over there is stronger..has a higher alcohol content. The flavor was nice.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haloa View Post
    I don't know what's the availability of Coopers overseas, but should you fly Qantas don't miss the chance
    Not sure how popular coopers is overseas. The brewing kits on the other hand are pretty well known around the world. I picked up one last year and am loving it.