Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    They need to nerf Magical Crawdad too, that pet is just beyond retarded, if you use sandstorm, shell shield and wish it is impossible to kill it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    Hmmm...I'm not the biggest pet battler, I've just been enjoying casually leveling my pets by battling and capturing wild pets. I think my highest pet right now is level 17. However, before I started out I read up on forums here and heard how great the Fluxfire Feline was so I went and got one.

I've got to say, I'm not surprised the wind up ability is being nerfed. That little thing is just insane. Pop a prowl, wind up and then wind up again to release it and it'll one shot any pet. Even just using a wind up/wind up when prowl is on cooldown will one shot any uncommon or poorer quality pets and do quite a bit of damage to a rare pet.

I suppose I'd better make good use of it before 5.2 comes out to level as many pets as I can. :P I rolled a new toon on a fresh, very full server recently and selling rare and high level battle pets seems to be the best way to make gold there.
    Don't use prowl, use supercharge instead.

Supercharge, Wind-Up, Wind-Up, Wind-Up, Supercharge, Wind-Up, BAM 2 pets dead. Yeah its overpowered.

Sad to see reflection go, didn't think it was particularly OP. My Flayer was used a lot while progressing to the Tamer title, guess I won't bother with it anymore.

I think it's ridiculous that instead of fixing reflection, they remove it.

That instead of fixing Fluxfire by swapping the location of some moves like not making Wind-Up and Supercharge/Prowl possible, they remove Wind-Up and give it an arcane explosion in it's place thus making Fluxfire one of the WORST battlepets.

That instead of fixing Bigglesworth by making Ice Tomb/prowl combo impossible, they simply remove prowl from him.

They're lazy as heck, plain and simple. All fun for pet battles is gone for me because it's clear they have no interest in it anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Latex View Post
    Don't use prowl, use supercharge instead.

Supercharge, Wind-Up, Wind-Up, Wind-Up, Supercharge, Wind-Up, BAM 2 pets dead. Yeah its overpowered.
    Don't have it yet, it's a level 20 ability, my kitty is only 16. :P

Just out of curiosity, what will be the best "replacement" for this pet after 5.2 comes and it gets nerfed?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    It is not removed, it is fixed. The fix is that it does prevent damage, but doesn't return that damage to the caster. Since it would be stupid to name it Reflection if it doesn't reflect, they call it Deflection instead.

That instead of fixing Fluxfire by swapping the location of some moves like not making Wind-Up and Supercharge/Prowl possible, they remove Wind-Up and give it an arcane explosion in it's place thus making Fluxfire one of the WORST battlepets.
    As if switching abilities so you can't have all those moves at the same time, doesn't make it just as bad.

That instead of fixing Bigglesworth by making Ice Tomb/prowl combo impossible, they simply remove prowl from him.
    Same here. What use is having only one of those spells? Might as well remove it and replace it with something useful.

They're lazy as heck, plain and simple. All fun for pet battles is gone for me because it's clear they have no interest in it anymore.
    Yeah, lazy, right... I think the fun is gone for you because they nerf your OP pets and now you can't win any more. I'm glad these are fixed, gives me a lot more options for pets as I won't be pigeon-holed into using the OP ones.
    Last edited by mmoc44e5154f48; 2013-01-31 at 02:25 PM. Reason: spelling

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    Pop a prowl, wind up and then wind up again to release it and it'll one shot any pet. Even just using a wind up/wind up when prowl is on cooldown will one shot any uncommon or poorer quality pets and do quite a bit of damage to a rare pet.
    That's not true. It's not possible to one-shot magical pets, an FFF needs at least 3+ hits to kill it, if it doesn't get killed itself before that. Elemental pets can survive against the FFF for at least 6 rounds as well.
    They could have reduced the Supercharge/Prowl dmg bonus to like 100%, instead of outright removing Wind-Up.
    Or they could have put both abilities into the same tier, no one complains about the Robochick which has Supercharge and Wind-Up in its T3 slot.
    But they chose to outright destroy FFF.

The abilities are fine until all my pets are max level.

Then they're overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post

It's almost as if pet battles weren't their primary focus or something...

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    They need to nerf Magical Crawdad too, that pet is just beyond retarded, if you use sandstorm, shell shield and wish it is impossible to kill it.
    Fun part? the Idol they are nerfing has the same combo. Reflection isnt even a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekosom View Post
    It's almost as if pet battles weren't their primary focus or something...
    Then they shouldnt mess with it if they aint gonna do it right. Blizzard again adds something to the game they have no intention of balancing but they'll nerf it cuz whiners cant beat a stupid pet. -.-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    They were neither broken nor overpowered. Those nerfs are unjustified.
    And pet battles are no more minor than PVP is. Even WOWProgress tracks your pet scores, while they don't track anything about PVP.
    a) the score from WoWProgress is a joke as it only counts the pets you have but doesnt include at all your pet battle archi points... anyone who uses is likes epens too I guess...
    b) YES Pet Battle is even less minor then PVP

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    Can kill everyone in 3 turns.
    Gotta love poeple who have ZERO clue what they are talking about...

Quote Originally Posted by Latex View Post
    Its not - every magic pet survives easily at least 2 such attacks....

Quote Originally Posted by TheRickyB View Post
    Then they shouldnt mess with it if they aint gonna do it right. Blizzard again adds something to the game they have no intention of balancing but they'll nerf it cuz whiners cant beat a stupid pet. -.-
    So? This is the way Blizzard works in WoW since 2004 - we cant balance it so we nerv it - buff it - nerv it....

Is there a full list of 5.2 pet changes somewhere?

Deleted
    They were neither broken nor overpowered. Those nerfs are unjustified.
    And pet battles are no more minor than PVP is. Even WOWProgress tracks your pet scores, while they don't track anything about PVP.

FFF is neither broken nor OP?

Either...

You haven't actually played any PvP pet battles

Or

You 1 of those people who's team looks like this: 1 x Lil Raggy (to kill FFF) and 2 x FFF to stomp teams

Deleted
    Why must they always take the fun out of things and cater to whiners. Both of those abilities have been perfectly fine.
    Any decent player knows how to survive and win against those.
    Haha fluxfire feline not OP? My 4k crits beg to differ....
    As for anubisath idol....deflection is pretty much reflection with a new name. Reflection never really "reflecting" the attacks against it, but rather do the (low)damage instead and making the opponent to end turn. Reflection damage was always way lower than the actual attack from the enemy.
    Besides, there are plenty of new pets that will turn out OP. Just wait and see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nooo, my anubis

Oh well, it'll still be a stellar tank, just less offensive capabilities. The fluxfire change was definitely needed.

My flux fire was terrible to begin with.I think I caught a bad one anyhow.

These nerfs appeal to the lowest common denominator, any good pet battler didn't use pets that just smack every turn without require prediction and forethought, so things like the Fluxfire Feline / Reflection were not necessities on their teams.

I used Fluxfire Feline because I really like the pet feel, and will probably continue to do so, but removing any strategy from something already far more simple than something like chess is... what's the right word? Stupid.
    __

To anyone saying the reflection change isn't significant; It is. The power of reflection is the threat of reflection, again, prediction and timing that make games more interesting. A simple fix would be to not allow more than one reflection per team (although I believe this to be unnecessary).
    Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2013-02-02 at 02:30 PM.

Deleted
    Ye... using a pet that forces everyone else to use the same or put up a team that consists solely on counters to one pet. It's completely unjustified to nerf it........

Happy it got nerfed and will see it less.

Why must they always take the fun out of things and cater to whiners. Both of those abilities have been perfectly fine.
    Any decent player knows how to survive and win against those.
    Reflection was buggy, and the best way to run anubis was with stoneskin+sandstorm, anyway. I do wish I could have back the time I spent hunting an S/S Flayer, though.

As for Fluxfire Feline, I went to extraordinary lengths to get one when it first came out, because it's broken. The nerf will make my daily quests slower, but probably necessary for PvP.

Also, Double Blighthawk returns with a vengeance in 5.2!
    Author of DON'T EVER GET OLD , Nominated for the Edgar, Anthony and Thriller awards for Best First Novel.
    My Blog: http://danieljfriedman.blogspot.com
    My Warcraft/Gaming Blog: http://biggerthankologarn.blogspot.com
    My Twitter: http://twitter.com/DanFriedman81

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post

Sometimes images speak better than words.
    He doesn't take three turns to setup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good, not really fair on other players that got to 25 without incredibly over powdered abilities -.-