Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

WarCraft Movie: My Favorite Cast

Here are my ideas for the WarCraft Movie Cast :-) Have fun!

Deathwing:

Played by: Willem Dafoe

Varian Wrynn

Played by: Joaquin Phoenix

Thrall

Played by: Ron Perlman

Sylvanas

Played by: Amy Smart / Beau Garret

Jaina Proudmoore

Played by: April Bowlby

Medivh

Played by: Jeff Bridges

Archimonde

Played by: Michael Clarke Duncan (†) / Ving Rhames

Illidan

Played by: Hugh Jackman

Arthas

Played by: Alexander Skarsgård

Bolvar Fordragon

Played by: Sean Bean

Tyrande

Played by: Katy Perry (lolz just kidding ;-) ) / Mila Kunis (maybe too young)

Tirion Fordring

Played by: Christoph Waltz / Anthony Hopkins

Magni Bronzebeard

Played by: John Goodman

Kael'Thas

Played by: Ryan Gosling

Mekkatorque

Played by: Verne Troyer (who else?)

Wretched Thug

Played by: Macaulay Culkin

/DISCUSS!!

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    My co workers are wondering why I am laughing. Macaulay culkin so funny. Those look like pretty good matches visible. Except Michael clarke duncan is dead isnt he ? And not sure about jaoquin phoenix, he seems a bit soft for varian. Also if the movie really is set before Vanilla wow we wont have half of those characters Hopefully they do an arthas/jaina/lordaeron storyline tho.

You could also substitute tirion for Uther, same actors would work fine
    Last edited by Splatter; 2013-01-31 at 09:35 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    My co workers are wondering why I am laughing. Macaulay culkin so funny. Those look like pretty good matches visible. Except Michael clarke duncan is dead isnt he ? And not sure about jaoquin phoenix, he seems a bit soft for varian. Also if the movie really is set before Vanilla wow we wont have half of those characters Hopefully they do an arthas/jaina/lordaeron storyline tho.
    Actually yeah we will. All those chars are either Wc3/Wc3 or Vanilla chars. And please, NO MORE Arthas....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Wretched Thug = McCaulay Culkin
    rofl

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Wretched Thug = McCaulay Culkin
    rofl
    lawl

Also, Sean Bean as Bolvar is pretty inspired. Albeit Bolvar's presence in the movie is pretty unlikely.

Replace the awful Verne Troyer with the legendary Warwick Davis. Ty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sean Bean as bolvar is spot on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tyrande - Needs to be played by Olivia Wilde:

I've always thought she needs to play an elf, she has the body for it and her eyes are perfect.

The rock as thrall. Perfect body structure for an orc.

Deleted
    I don't agree with any of those, even if they are there just for fun.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    lawl

Also, Sean Bean as Bolvar is pretty inspired. Albeit Bolvar's presence in the movie is pretty unlikely.
    Only issue that Bolvar doesn't *really* die, and we all know that Sean NEEDS to die no matter what role he plays.

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 10:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nario64 View Post
    Tyrande - Needs to be played by Olivia Wilde:

I've always thought she needs to play an elf, she has the body for it and her eyes are perfect.

Oh my lord! O.O

10+ Year Old Account
    I love all of your cast ideas. Especially Archimonde, Illidan, Medivh, Bolvar, and Kael'thas. Thanks for a good laugh on those.

In all seriousness, I hope it's a legitimate star cast. I just don't want it to flop on such a public scale. /cross fingers
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Actually yeah we will. All those chars are either Wc3/Wc3 or Vanilla chars. And please, NO MORE Arthas....
    Out of all the current Warcraft characters, Arthas is the best choice for the role as main character.

Altrough I'd like to see entirely new characters. I remember Blizzard said that they were making a new badass human for the movie, who was not Varian.

Quote Originally Posted by kleinlax21 View Post
    I love all of your cast ideas. Especially Archimonde, Illidan, Medivh, Bolvar, and Kael'thas. Thanks for a good laugh on those.

In all seriousness, I hope it's a legitimate star cast. I just don't want it to flop on such a public scale. /cross fingers
    With a $100M budget and having to spend most of it on FX and CGI, I don't expect it to have a star cast. That, however, doesn't mean the cast will be bad, just not very well known. But, hey, half of today's young actors aren't well known until they appear somewhere in a popular movie!

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    deathwing, bolvar, mekkatorque, varian were not in WC3 that i can recall. Deathwing was WC2, Varian sparred with arthas when he was younger i guess but that was retconned in wow and not in wc3

Sadly trying to get the cast you suggested would probably use up their entire budget. I did get a kick out of it and I actually think you matched them pretty well.

deathwing, bolvar, mekkatorque, varian were not in WC3 that i can recall. Deathwing was WC2, Varian sparred with arthas when he was younger i guess but that was retconned in wow and not in wc3
    One of the worst uses of that word I've read around.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Out of all the current Warcraft characters, Arthas is the best choice for the role as main character.

Altrough I'd like to see entirely new characters. I remember Blizzard said that they were making a new badass human for the movie, who was not Varian.
    Nope, not even close. Honestly, I'd rather see a 3 hour long documentary of Gamon griefing than have to endure that snotty kid for 5 more minutes. Thrall would make a much better main character, mainly because having him and his journey as the main story would be a fine way to avoid giving what will be a generic high fantasy movie, a generic high fantasy plot. Even Malfurion would be more interesting, and yes, that includes his 10.000 year long nap.

And yeah, they did say that stuff about the human, but that ages ago, even before they introduced Varian, and they've changed directors and scripts a billion times since then, so heck knows what and who we'll see in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, John Goodman pwetty please.
    The rest, I can care less about - altho I love Perlman in Sons of Anarchy. Bridges is spot-on and would love to see Phoenix play a serious role again (in a film I like).

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Read my post... "Are either Wc2/Wc3 OR vanilla chars". And yes, Varian was in fact in vanilla, he wore a stache and a dress and could be found (and killed) on Alcaz Isle. And Bolvar and Mekka, classic vanilla chars... Oh and erm having Varian spar with Arthas isn't really a retcon... At all.